3,635 results
All reviews gondola ride mineral pool swb restaurant southwest bistro adult pool sand beach nightly entertainment pool area golf course lobby bar self parking spring break beautiful property family pool family vacation lounge chairs scottsdale resort
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

My family and my sister's family (10 in all) stayed here for several nights in August for a family vacation.

We had three rooms, so check in took a big longer than normal. The young lady who helped us got cocktails for the adults and Capri Suns for the kids, which was extremely helpful. The bell staff / valet was consistently helpful even though we self parked the 15 passenger beast.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The decor was simple and relaxed in an upscale way. The beds, bathrooms, etc were all very comfortable. Our rooms overlooked the lagoon, which was very quiet.

In addition to several pools, the resort had a number of activities throughout the day. Most were included in the room rate, but the activities that weren't were very inexpensive. My daughter and nieces all made bracelets ($5). I took a tequila tasting class in the bar ($8). The kids kept busy either at the pools or doing something at the resort. Laser tag, the "dive-in" movie, and ping pong were all big hits.

The resort also uses birds of prey to reduce the nuisance birds around the resort and we met the hawk that patrolled the grounds. We enjoyed speaking with his caretaker and taking pictures.

With so many people, we added Regency Club access to our rate. The breakfasts were very good and were a great way to start the day. Sometimes, the snacks throughout the day were limited to cookies and the kids got tired of them. Overall, it was worth it to have access to snacks and drinks.

Finally, when we got home, I figured out we forgot a drawer full of clothes. I called the resort and was transferred to security. The gentleman I spoke with could not have been more helpful. He quickly located our lost items and shipped them to us using our address and credit card on file for shipping charges as requested. Even in his role as a security guard, he would end every call with "Please let me know if there is any other way I can be of service." That attitude summed up that of the entire staff at this Hyatt.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My daughter recommended this resort to me after she returned from a girlfriends’ trip to Scottsdale. My mom, I and my other adult daughter were awed as we pulled up into the circular driveway surrounded by beautiful cacti and desert foliage with a dazzling fountain as the center point. We were immediately helped from our vehicle by the bellmen and offered an ice cold bottled water. Check-in was a complete breeze by a very upbeat gentleman, who was able to get us into a room even though we arrived at 10:00 AM. He outlined what the resort had to offer and then we were escorted to our room by a very friendly and polite bellman, who was a great resource for all our questions. The room was spotless, modern and bright. The sheets and spread were white, crisp and spotless. The bathroom was large with a huge tiled shower with a rain style shower head. The only downfall on the bathroom setup was the fact there is no door to the toilet and glass doors on the shower, so unless you are completely immodest, it only works for one to be in the shower/toilet area at a time. We had a lovely balcony with room for two chairs and marvelous view of the golf course. We wasted no time and headed to the pool area (10 in total). The walk to the pool allowed you to enjoy more of the beautiful landscaping using all the wonderful desert flora and foliage. The pool and pool areas were spotless, plenty of lounges, and you could request as many towels as you wanted. The staff working the pools were polite and courteous and did not hound you if you choose not to drink. We were also given by a staff member three resort glasses that could be filled 24/7 for free with iced coffee, soft drinks, tea, lemonade or water. That was a sweet treat for us and completely unexpected, the glasses otherwise sell for $22 each, which is still a great deal if you drink several non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day. We ate by the pool and in the bistro and all the meals were delicious. The resort also has a 24 hour market featuring Starbucks coffee, which was another added bonus. There are many amenities at this resort that we did not take advantage of Gondola rides on the water, golfing, huge health club, yoga classes, beading classes and the list goes on and on. You could definitely be busy at any time.. also the live music at night was a delightful and being able to sit on the outside patio and see the band play was so relaxing. We came to sit in the sun, float in the pools and read our books and magazines.. very lazy, I know, but it was absolute heaven and we all finished a book. I would highly recommend this wonderful resort to any group… family, girlfriends, couples, bridal parties, etc. They definitely cater to all without making any one group feel like they don’t belong. Go to their website for all the other details, because my post would be too long to list them all and then get your trip booked!

Room tip: We were in room 2605, great location and even though close to the lobby, we never heard the music once we shut our door.
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We came in for my granddaughter's Bat Mitzvah. My wife was recovering from knee surgery. The entire staff was spot on. They helped her in every way possible-5 star possible-5 star all the way-GREAT JOB

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Daniel K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you stayed with us during your granddaughter's most special occasion! Our associates take great pride in their resort and want to ensure that each and every guest leaves with a smile. We will be sure to share your comments. We hope you will come and visit us, again, soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

Hyatt Regency Resort at Gainey Ranch is an exceptional place to stay the moment you arrive to the moment you leave the staff are so courteous and helpful and make our vacation a wonderful experience and so memorable

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

John,
thank you for your glowing review! We love to share reviews like yours with our associates as they take great price in their resort. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your vacation. We look forward to the opportunity of having you return to our little desert oasis.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

From my emails with staff to check our rooms would adjoin, through to the welcome, the room, the Regency club and the pools, this place will take some beating.

First of all, if you like swimming pools then this place is for you. If you have a young family, the beach area, water slide, games, playground, kids club will keep them entertained. If you don't have children or prefer peace and quiet, then there is an adults only section of pools, bean bags and just about anything to keep you relaxed.

It is a stunning resort.

We opted for Regency Club access and the breakfast and evening appetisers are some of the best I have come to expect from Hyatt. Whilst there doesn't appear to be the dedicated service person we found in Denver, being left to enjoy the private outdoor seating area suited us well. Cocktails and wine will be 4 dollars, so a great saving.

Rooms are very clean and spacious and it is lovely to see a proper shower in the bathroom with a separate attachment so you don't need to perform acrobatics in the shower to get clean.

Live music in the bar in the evening truly gives this place an all round resort feeling and I very much look forward to returning.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Daniel K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Wow! We could not ask for a greater 5-star review. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We always love to share reviews, such as yours, with our associates. They take great pride in their resort and this is what makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to your return!