I really had no idea what I was booking when I chose this resort to stay in because I was looking for the closest place to my daughter and her future inlaws home and this seemed to be the place. I did call days in advance and request a non smoking & QUITE room (my mom was with me and needs it quite) When we arrived at the resort to check in we were 3 hours early and because our room was ready and available, we were allowed to check in then! A+... The room was really perfect for just us and the best part was the balcony where we enjoyed our morning coffee! We both hate a/c and in Rhode Island you can really live without it so we turned it off at night to sleep and just kept the screen door shut onto the balcony....it worked perfect and we had 2 excellent nights sleep. It was quite and the bed comfortable! We were probably the only 2 people in August in AZ sleeping without a/c!! I had read other reviews and heard complaints about the price of the food but hey...your in a 4 star resort....need more be said? We did eat lunch in one of the restaurants and it was very good, the waiter was very friendly and the service good. The girl that works in the small coffee shop in the morning was just the most pleasant person ever! I found the staff very helpful and friendly and even the early morning workers in the pool area were very nice. The place was very clean and we saw firsthand how hard they work every morning to get ready for another busy day and believe me, the place can get busy but with 98+ degree weather....the pool is the place to be! It was hard to find a chair to lay on but even if they had more, they would of been taken....they did have alot, could of used more, but it wasn't more than 5 -10 minutes we did find a lounge chair and it was so hot after 3 minutes you had to get into the water so the chair was not that big of a deal to us. If I had to get really nit-picky and find something to complain about i'de say, change the lighting in the bathroom....it makes you look like your skin's yellow! Out side of that, it was a more than wonderful stay!! Thank you to all the staff and people seen and unseen. GOOD JOB!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort