Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Scottsdale
Prescott, Arizona
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

It's difficult to write a good review after only staying one night, but I can give you my impressions. This hotel is in a fantastic location in Scottsdale. If you're in Phoenix to shop, or on a short business trip, I don't think there's a better luxury hotel and resort. If you just want to lounge by the pool, it may be hard to decide which one since there are 10 to choose from -- all well laid out; even a large triple turn slide! We don't play golf, but the view of the course from the hotel is beautiful with lakes, dunes, and mountain views. The room was spacious and nice with a small fridge for storing food/drinks. My only complaint was the cup-at-a-time coffee pot which was v-e-r-y slow (perhaps purposefully done that you might surrender and order room service). Overall, our short stay was very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank juneanno
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your short stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about our location, services, and guest rooms. We certainly hope you will stay with us again for a longer period of time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Highly recommend for a great place to stay in Scottsdale. Very centrally located - close to Gainey Village shopping center and spring training. Short cab away from north or south Scottsdale. Private enough for a getaway but close enough to AZ activities.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your five star review! We are glad that you appreciate our central location and our resort's accommodations. We look forward to your next stay!
St Croix Virgin Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was at a conference where I had a presentation to deliver and a large number of fantastic colleagues who I get to see once a year so I paid little or no attention to the resort aspects of the property. To the extent that there were hotel provided banquets and receptions the food was always surprisingly good. It is difficult to not overcook fish for 200+ people at one time but they pulled it off nicely.
Those of my colleagues who used the resort facilities raved about them

Room Tip: try to get a view of the resort
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind review! We hope that during your next stay you will be able to enjoy more of our accommodations.
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

WE are platinum hyatt members and have stayed in multiple Hyatt properties but this was our first time to this location. Overall we loved the stay. The room was large and was very well decorated, The location of this resort is wonderful. It's within walking distance of restaurants and driving distance to a lot of shopping and places to eat. The concierge was incredibly helpful as were most of the staff. The few issues we had though somewhat soured our experience. First we went to the bar area to watch the Native America dance and this waitress kept asking everyone around us if they wanted anything but never even looked at us. Then we went to the restaurant on site to try their fajitas. We decided to sit at the bar and while we were eating we witnessed one of the Sous Chefs come over and stick his bare finger right into a sauce or cheese and lick his finger. Then they proceeded to put the sauce/cheese directly back into the refrigerator. When we complained to the manager he seemed to have brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal. Then during check out we had the rudest man, steve. They seemed to have been short staffed at the front desk so we waited for about 15 min to checkout. While we understood they were backed up Steve proceeded to just walk by my husband put his hand to him to say, I can't be bothered with you know. When he finally got finished helping the gentleman before us he then proceeded to help a gentleman who just walked right up to the desk. When we said something that we had been waiting Steve said, "Well he's a diamond member". The experience proceeded to get worse from them. The front desk manager was very nice and accommodating after hearing about the troubles we had but this experience made us leave with a sour taste in our mouths.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank tinyrucat
Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry that some of our staff did exemplify the legendary service that we are typically known for. This sort of behavior is unacceptable and we are grateful that you have brought this to our attention. We are glad that you found our front desk manager to be accommodating. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can provide you with a flawless experience. Thanks again.
Amherst NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

There are many good lodging choices when visiting Scottsdale, but this one is over the top! Staff was courteous and helpful. Atmosphere was lively no matter what the hour of the day or night. The restaurant choices on site were great and so we never needed to leave for food. Obviously, you will pay $$$ for this luxury and amenities. A shoe shine was about double the price of the guy in the airport terminal or bus station and the shine was no better. Rooms on the east have a good view towards the McDonnel Range of mountains across the golf course; rooms on the west have a view of mostly concrete. If you love golf, then this is a spectacular vacation destination; get out early before it gets hot. There were plenty of abandoned wives who went out shopping (great places to drop loads of money nearby) or just hung out around the palms reading books and relaxing. By the way, if you have young kids, then bring them; they will spend at least four hours a day in the many incredible pools and water play park areas. Several choices of bicycles are ready to ride at your convenience out front. You can even get a romantic gondola ride on the pond at night with a real, husky Italian guy pushing the gondola and singing a serenade.

Room Tip: east side is best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank David P
Thank you for your generous 5 star review! We are ecstatic that you were pleased with so many of the accommodations that we offer. We look forward to spending more time with you in the future!
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am lucky as I get to go on some business trips and stay at some nice resorts. Based on my stay, it usually ends up that I give my feedback to my wife, and we usually come back with the kids for a nice little vacation.

The Great.

Wonderful resort. The staff is great, and accommodating. The concierge service is excellent. I recommend getting a bike and taking a nice ride around Scottsdale. Well worth it. The pools are wonderful, especially the adult pool with a very close bar. Live entertainment in the bar area is a nice added touch. Free Wi-Fi too.

The Meh.

For some reason, when you have a king room, why do you put someone in an handicap accessible room? Wouldn't that be brought up at check in?

Also, I was on the 3rd floor, and the lady that checked me in, just said to take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Well, what she neglected to say, was when your room is in the 3600 rooms, you cannot access it, from the elevator closes to the check in area. I am wondering the halls trying to find my room, and thankfully a house keeper saw me walking around aimlessly, and said that I should take the elevator up to 4, and walk a bit, and go down to 3.

Thursday morning, due to my flight being cancelled, I stayed another night. At 11:00am, I had a knock on the door, and it was the house keeper supervisor (I think) asked if I was staying another night, I said yes. At 4:30pm, my room still was not cleaned. I left my room and it looked like they were done with cleaning rooms and I ran into an employee that had a cart filled with towels and told him when they planned on cleaning my room? He looked at me and said, "Your room is not clean?" Nope. gave him my room number and walked away.

Also, check room 3618. The alarm clock does not work.

We will be back and look forward to bringing the family. As long as it's not room 3618

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your generous and thorough review! We sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you encountered with our housekeeping staff. We will relay this message to our staff. We hope you stay with us again so we can provide you with a flawless stay.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I had a staycation at the Hyatt. It has a very nice pool. The room was also very nice and clean. I normally spend Easter brunch at the Hyatt with the family. Nicest hotel in Phoenix area, trust me i have lived here for thirty plus years. Enjoy the live bands at night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our property. We are thrilled to hear that you choose to spend your special occasions with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Gainey Suites Hotel
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch? Share your experiences!