“Like, not Love...yet!”

Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Arlington, Texas
“Like, not Love...yet!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am lucky as I get to go on some business trips and stay at some nice resorts. Based on my stay, it usually ends up that I give my feedback to my wife, and we usually come back with the kids for a nice little vacation.

The Great.

Wonderful resort. The staff is great, and accommodating. The concierge service is excellent. I recommend getting a bike and taking a nice ride around Scottsdale. Well worth it. The pools are wonderful, especially the adult pool with a very close bar. Live entertainment in the bar area is a nice added touch. Free Wi-Fi too.

The Meh.

For some reason, when you have a king room, why do you put someone in an handicap accessible room? Wouldn't that be brought up at check in?

Also, I was on the 3rd floor, and the lady that checked me in, just said to take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Well, what she neglected to say, was when your room is in the 3600 rooms, you cannot access it, from the elevator closes to the check in area. I am wondering the halls trying to find my room, and thankfully a house keeper saw me walking around aimlessly, and said that I should take the elevator up to 4, and walk a bit, and go down to 3.

Thursday morning, due to my flight being cancelled, I stayed another night. At 11:00am, I had a knock on the door, and it was the house keeper supervisor (I think) asked if I was staying another night, I said yes. At 4:30pm, my room still was not cleaned. I left my room and it looked like they were done with cleaning rooms and I ran into an employee that had a cart filled with towels and told him when they planned on cleaning my room? He looked at me and said, "Your room is not clean?" Nope. gave him my room number and walked away.

Also, check room 3618. The alarm clock does not work.

We will be back and look forward to bringing the family. As long as it's not room 3618

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your generous and thorough review! We sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you encountered with our housekeeping staff. We will relay this message to our staff. We hope you stay with us again so we can provide you with a flawless stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I had a staycation at the Hyatt. It has a very nice pool. The room was also very nice and clean. I normally spend Easter brunch at the Hyatt with the family. Nicest hotel in Phoenix area, trust me i have lived here for thirty plus years. Enjoy the live bands at night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our property. We are thrilled to hear that you choose to spend your special occasions with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just returned from a seven night stay at the Hyatt Regency.My wife and I had a great time,and the Resort was amazing.We arrived early and were able to get an early check in,thanks so much.We used the Valet service for the first two days,and the service was great. the guys were so nice,and always greeted us with a smile.The front desk at check in was the same,welcomed us with a smile.Amazing lobby ,with many windows to see the beautiful grounds around the resort.The room was great,didn't feel cramped,the bathroom is a good size,and the shower is huge.We spent most of the week just sitting by the pool.Perfect.We rented a Cabana for the day,maybe a little pricey,but the kids were not with us,so we spent their share of the vacation fund..The pool is just amazing,always clean,and the area around the pool was spotless.The wait staff from H2Oasis was great.They were so friendly and attentive,we have a special thank you to our new friend Daniel,even when he was waiting a different area,Daniel stopped by to say hi.The grounds keepers even greeted us with a smile and a hello. We highly recommend this resort,and can not wait to return,maybe when its not 120 degrees out.Thank you for a great week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a generous endorsement of our property. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm not sure where to start but I will give you best first. My family had a one night staycation, early check in went smooth. The room was nice no problems, we went to the family pool around noon and stayed there for about four hours. The service at the pool was great they bring pitchers of water and refill them for you. The food was good as well, pricing was resort prices. For hydration purposes they have small hydration station where you can get water at anytime set all around the pool, press a button cold water comes out. There so many pools, a beach area, and water slide which is all great for the family. We were at the pool early so families arriving around 2 were looking for seating because the pool does start to get crowded around that time. Now I loved the access to the pool but once it became crowded with kids and floating tubes and beach balls it started to become a little overwhelming. Now I love kids and have one of my own but the rough play...... Especially having a two year old and older kids attempting to to run and jump on their floating tubes and throwing beach balls everywhere. There is light at the end of the pool tunnel, we were able to go back at night because the pools are 24hrs. We enjoyed a movie in the pool and was able to swim until about 1030 at that time it wasn't crowded it was families there but everyone was really respectful of others space.
Now our room initially it was a great room when we arrived there was a welcome message with our name. Be mindful you can hear everything in the hallway kids running and ppl arguing. If that doesn't bother you don't worry. So, when we came back from our night swim we hung our suits outside on the balcony to dry and took our showers. As we laid in the bed I noticed 15 tiny bugs on our ceiling, my husband was killing them but that left me with an itchy feeling. I'm sure they must have came in when we placed our suits on the balcony but not a great feeling. I contacted the front desk and originally they wanted to send someone up to kill them for us but I requested for a new room and it was granted.

Pros:
-web check-in it emails u when your room is ready
-24 hour pool
-clean rooms
-nice view of the lake
- hotel grounds scenery really nice
-live music in the lobby at night

Cons:
-hear kids running in the hallways (not a big deal)

Overall, a great stay the hotel grounds are so serene you don't think you are in AZ. Staff was nice as well. Great stay......

Room Tip: When going to the pool get there early or go later in the evening.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We sincerely appreciate your thoughtful and candid comments. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced, but we are thrilled to hear that our staff was accommodating to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel Mother's Day weekend 2014 with my family; super busy over a holiday weekend. The pool is amazing and is divided for family/ kid use on one side and the other side for couples, singles & adults looking for a quieter environment. The family side has a great sand entry area that allows for a shallow area for toddlers. Pool drinks are awesome! This hotel is supported by locals and travelers. The bar/ lounge area is really nice, open & airy and often has evening singers & entertainers. I have frequented the spa several times and am always impressed with the quality of massage.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jandrews8497
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement of our property and accommodations! Our entire team would be delighted to serve you again on future visits to Scottsdale!
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was at this Resort for a corporate meeting. This place was very clean and everything was first rate from the food and drink to the entertainment in the evening. The pool area was huge and also very appealing and clean. I enjoyed the personal touch of having your name on the television welcoming you to the property. I would definitely stay there again even outside of business.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments regarding our location, value and accommodations. We appreciate the time you took to provide a such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Scottsdale!
Utah
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is what you would expect from a Hyatt Regency, but I wasn't overly impressed. I was expecting an older hotel, that was fine because the lobby area is very nice and the hotel had a nice layout. This hotel is situated in a business park type setting, not by itself. I will say the staff was very friendly, helpful, and welcoming - so that is a big plus. We were given an upgraded view when we checked in, and that was greatly appreciated. The rooms are small and a family of four would be a really tight squeeze - we stayed four nights and our family of 3 was pretty cramped. Housekeeping was great - no complaints. The pools are obviously the draw and kids will be entertained for days. Poolside food was very reasonable - $6 kids meals/ $10-14 for adults - and was very tasty. My husband and I were very disappointed that there were no chair cushions (unlike the adult pool) and when we asked about that we were told "sorry, but those are only for the adult pool"......What???? The pool furniture was so uncomfortable! Apparently if you travel with kids you should be happy with just a towel. Our daughter loved the pools though and again the service was very good. Thank you Austin, Ryan, and Victoria! It would be nice though if the pool area had more umbrellas - when the hotel was very busy on July 4th the supply seemed to run out. I actually had one of the pool staff try and take an umbrella we were using because another guest told him our daughter wasn't utilizing her lounger enough..... Really???? And keep in mind that you can ask for a pitcher of water to keep at your lounger (important in 100+ degrees), but it wasn't offered automatically. We also finally asked for our drink table to be cleaned after realizing they aren't cleaned on a regular basis (they were pretty gross) and we had to track down our own cups for the "hydration station" multiple times- these are small things I know, but still annoying. The hotel did have good food on the lobby menu and we also liked the live music. If you want to go out for dinner try The Mission downtown - fabulous meal and atmosphere! Try the Canyon Market for breakfast foods and coffee ($25 total or so for 3 people, for breakfast on the go).So, basically this Hyatt is a solid 4 star - perfect for families and great room rates for summer - but it honestly gave me the "been there done that" feeling. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy the Hyatt brand, so if you set your expectations right you will have a reasonably priced, enjoyable getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty and we are pleased that you appreciate our beautiful property, and we are thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We strive to provide legendary service, and we appreciate your candid and honest feedback on the areas in which we fell short. We apologize for not being perfectly up to par. We hope to welcome you back some day.