Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
“wonderful place”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

we visited in summer 2013 and were captivated! after initially having trouble reserving and speaking with a manager, we were offered a beautiful multi-room suite at a reduced rate to make up for the wasted time and difficulty. from the moment we pulled up to the beautiful entry way, we loved the spaciousness, modern décor, lush foliage, elegant touches, services; LOVED the fantastic pool setups, all night tennis, places to sit, lay, be alone or with people, wonderful rooms, amenities/toiletries, bathrooms; very helpful desk staff, wonderfully accommodating rec staff who helped us go for a great family bike ride; good location; beautiful local scenery and shops. would recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tropicana_9
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I just love reading about your experience at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch. Come visit as many times as you like, we don’t mind at all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A wonderful property, with things to do for all ages. The lagoons are filled with wildlife, there are adult, and children pools. The grounds are impressive, with native and annual plantings. There is even a Saguaro Cactus, in the middle of the grounds that must be 250 years old. Each evening has live entertainment in the lounge, with doors opening out onto the terraces, the views of the surrounding mountains is beautiful especially at sunset.
The poolside service is quick and even has a BBQ service for the family side of the pools.
They offer free bicycles to cruise around the bike paths, and complimentary Wild Bird and Reptile exhibits. We will definitely return with our family soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near lagoon
Green Features: In room recycling bins, option to change bedding or towels daily or not. Dermatologist approved bathing products.
3 Thank cccruz
Thank you for providing a review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our wildlife exhibits, complimentary bicycles, water playground and all the details that make our resort so special. I hope your travels bring you back our way again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I did not realize I booked a Scottsdale resort during spring break and baseball's pre season. I was visiting my dad who after a recent medical procedure had a stroke. I thought I had booked a room and used points to upgrade to a suite. I few weeks before my arrival the hotel contacted me to let me know as a platinum member they were not going to be able to upgrade me at all as the hotel was sold out. This shock me as I thought I had already upgraded. Aparently they took my points and just gave me complimentary room. I called and told them how I was hoping to spend time with my dad and played up his illness. I also played up my recent cancer treatment and recovery. In the end they said they would try to give me a room with a view. Boy was I surprised after I flew in on an awful full United flight from Chicago< the new Airbus 320 is awful and they added seats and took out the entertainment. I checked in and they told me they had upgraded me to a Casita Suite. These rooms are incredible with a huge living room, nice bathroom(good shower no bathtub), outdoor space from the bedroom and living room, and a roof time top lounging area with chairs and tables and a great views.

The resort was packed but it still was a great experience. The water slide is among the best at any resort. I like that there is an adult only pool. The health club and spa are very nice. The restaurants have lots of options and are not too expensive. The bed was great.

My dad was able to come and enjoy the resort with me.

Room Tip: If you can afford it the Casitas are beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Your kind remarks about your experience at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team. We look forward to your return!
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2014

While the outdoor dining and pools were very pleasant, it took us at least 5 full minutes to walk to our tiny room through what seemed an endless maze of hallways. As we were staying almost a week, we had a suitcase each to unpack but alas virtually no where to store it. The closet is more like half a closet that holds maybe 10 hangers. The bathroom has one sink and accommodates only one person at a time . Your shower will take 4 times as long because the water pressure is so low. The balconies are cute (and I suppose can serve as storage) but certainly not private. On the whole, it's a 4 star resort in which the standard rooms are closer to 3 star.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a normal sized room - standard is tiny!
1 Thank JannaBlondi
Thank you for your comments. I am terribly disappointed to hear that you found our accommodations to be unsatisfactory. This feedback is quite valuable to my team and I, as we are continuously working to perfect the guest experience. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa next time you are in Arizona.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. We were visiting the area for Spring Training. Our check in was very late. We did not arrive until 2AM. I asked jokingly since we were checking in so late that we had the best room since I had a certificate for a free upgrade. Front desk clerk said the hotel was sold out and I had been upgraded already. I asked if room service was available and was told no. I was however offered the option of a 24 hour place as he suggested to get chips and a drink. Disappointed and surely not feeling like a valued guest!

When we arrived at our "upgraded" room, we were surprised that the room was not more extravagant due to being a resort. the room met our expectations but failed to exceed them. The room was a warm 72 degrees and in spite of lowering the thermostat to the low of 65, the room never cooled off. Our room was down the hall from a room that food was leaving or entering. I heard clanging all hours of the morning and slamming doors. I was suspicious of the front desk attendant and called reservations to see if a room was available. I was told that the hotel had openings for immediate check in. I then checked the folio on the desk and it mentioned 24 hr room service as did the website. Sadly, my stay was lessened knowing that a Hyatt employee had no problem lying to me.

We found the bed very comfortable. The toiletries were upscale and impressive. The room was far from sound proof. Every noise was heard inside and out. The next morning housekeeping failed to remove drinking glasses and failed to replace amenities and towels. I left a note requesting for the room temperature to be lowered and the request was ignored and turned over.

The grounds were beyond impressive. We ate at the breakfast buffet and it was delicious. Had drinks and appetizers at night with live music...again impressive. The pools were heavenly.... the resort outside of the bedroom was a true escape.

We had the same issue that another reviewer had....a private party outside our balcony with country music and a bull riding machine. Made getting up very difficult!

I made my concerns known to the hotel. The General Manager failed to respond to my e-mail but I was contacted by an assistant manager. In closing.... disappointed with housekeeping, the temperature, the failure to keep outside sounds out of our room and still can not get over the fact that an employee lied to me twice within minutes! Positives.... amazing grounds. I would stay here again and hope to have a different room and this time I would relax and enjoy the pool!

Room Tip: The room we had was on the main floor....stay away from service doors and if you get one...ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
I am extremely disappointed that some aspects of your visit were unsatisfactory. Our aim is to exceed expectations and I am sorry we have not lived up the standard that we strive to provide our guests. I am pleased we had the opportunity to correspond with you via email and I hope to welcome you back again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this resort. The feeling in our family is that this was the nicest Hyatt that we have stayed at. The rooms were great, beds were super comfortable, the property was beautiful, and the pools were very impressive. My family consisted of my wife, 8 year old son, and me. The slide and various pool areas were a big hit for all of us. There is also an "adults only" pool which was quite large and had a separate bar. The layout of the resort was great as none of the buildings exceeded 4 stories and there were lots of chairs and even a couple of cabana's for people to sit in during the day and evening. There were a number of firepits which created a great ambiance at night. We were also very impressed with all of the employees that we encountered at this resort. Sichi, the front desk attendant who helped us check-in was the nicest and most helpful front desk person we have ever encountered. The Southwest Bistro was also very good and offered a daily breakfast buffet with an expanded version for Sunday's. We highly recommend this resort to all travelers (couples, families, and business).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank glstein
Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased you found Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch suitable for the whole family!
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I took my husband here for his 30th birthday and we had an absolutely fabulous time. We did the "wine me dine me" at the southwestern bistro for dinner and it was absolutely outstanding. We had the most perfect tequila and wine paired four course dinner. Even the salad course was to die for. Being from California wine country we love wine and were thrilled at how perfect the pairings were. We sat bar side for our paired dinner and watched the chef cook the meal right in front of us. The chef was so nice to talk with us all about Arizona and about the food that he was preparing for us. Our waiter was very professional as well. This really was the perfect evening. So enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LandonMarie
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I am so pleased you chose to celebrate you special occasion with us! I appreciate your detailed review of 'Wine Me, Dine Me', and I am pleased you enjoyed the one of a kind experience. We send your husband warm birthday wishes!