First I must point out that we spent a few nights at the Phoenician just before staying at the Hyatt, so I can't help comparing the two and overall it was a bit of a downgrade moving to the Hyatt. The worst part of the Hyatt is the rooms. They are rather worn and dated. We hated the first we were given and moved, but the 2nd was about as bad. But the rest of the property and the grounds are top notch, about as nice as the Phoenician. Even the pools, in my opinion, are nicer at the Hyatt, but admittedly stuffed with annoying kids at every turn. The Phoenician had just a handful of kids at anytime.
The Hyatt staff was another area that was far inferior and clearly not at all trained in CS to the level that the Phoenician staff was. They weren't terrible, just not nearly as good. But one area that the Hyatt really impressed was in the Regency club. The Phoenician doesn't even have a club, and the Hyatt's was one of the best I've seen, especially domestically. The food selection was outstanding both for breakfast and in the evening, definitely one of Hyatt's best domestic clubs. Another area that the Hyatt truly impressed was the spa. This spa is surely in the top Hyatt spas in the US. Kauai's has long been my favorite, but this one at Scottsdale just might beat it. And I'm not referring to the paid spa services, I'm just talking the free stuff that comes with regency club access: the steam room, the Jacuzzi, the mineral pool, the relaxation room, the 9 head showers... Spending a few hours enjoying these things was the highlight of the hotel for us.
So in the summary: the club and the spa are some of the best Hyatt has to offer, but combining them with dated worn rooms really pulls down the overall experience of the property. Management should immediately start renovating the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort