“Beautiful, Comfortable, & Friendly”

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family and I have been coming to the Hyatt Regency Gainey since the 1980s. Throughout the last 3 decades it has maintained its elegance and high-level of service that Hyatt is so well known for. I was delighted by the level of service (the staff couldn't be better), comfort (beautiful rooms), and grounds (lovely location). The only point of complaint was the fitness center, which could have been bigger and have had better-maintained machines. This issue would have lowered my ratings had the other points not been so pristine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I am so pleased you and your family have enjoyed spending time with us at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa for the last 30 years! Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. Your comments regarding our fitness center will be utilized in future planning and updates. Our entire staff looks forward to your next getaway in Scottsdale.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

First off the grounds are stunning around this resort. Great layout, everything is easy walking distance. Rooms were nice and large and clean. My only complaint at this resort was the bed and the pillows. I found it quite uncomfortable along with my GF. There is a bunch of tiny pillows, I am used to a king size and had to grab 3 of them and put them together. Oh well,l first world problems I guess ;) I dealt with it.

We spent the majority of our time around the adult pool, it was very relaxing and quiet. Though I don't mind kids running around. Only down fall was that the bar on the adult only side was closed for reno's. The guys did a great job bringing around drinks from the other side.

Restaurants were top notch, I recommend SWB and Alto. We had the Sunday brunch at SWB and it was great. Sit outside and enjoy the fire pit while the sun beats down on you! Also had the tasting menu at Alto. The chef delivered an amazing array of dishes.
Make sure you visit the SPA, it is top notch. The amenities made our trip much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday break with us at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. Our entire team appreciates your thorough review with photos. I apologize that some aspects of your stay, particularly the size of our pillows, were unsatisfactory. Please feel free to reach out to our front desk staff for alternate amenities on your next stay! Thank you again for your compliments and feedback.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just returned from staying here from 12/30-1/4 with my 3 young children. Overall, the property is very nice and well maintained. More importantly, EVERYONE who works there is extremely nice and helpful (at least all those we had contact with). The location is very good, the pools are great, waterslide fun, good food, etc. Stayed on the Regency Floor so had access to the Regency Club. Very nice breakfast, snacks during day, dessert bar. Saved a lot of money by using this! Here are my overall Pros & Cons:

Pros- Newer hotel, nice modern rooms, location, pools, kids game room, food, service, friendly staff, reasonable prices for this quality of hotel, you should upgrade to Regency floor to use club.

Cons (I may be kind of picky here)- The air vents in the room are extremely dusty/dirty & saw some stains on the wall- overall the rooms are clean but could use a professional scrubbing. The toilet paper is low-grade, sheets & towels are lower end too- not the end of the world, but would expect nicer for a Hyatt Regency. The Regency Club is supposed to stay open for dessert until 9pm, but at 8:30pm every night they would remove hot water (for tea) and other items, I thought this should not happen until 9pm.

Again, overall I think this is a very nice resort hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the Regency floor so you can have access to the Regency Club
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChicagoJay

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. I am pleased to read you and your children enjoyed staying with us! It was our pleasure to provide you with excellent service during your visit. I will share your feedback with our housekeeping and regency club staff. We look forward to your next trip to Scottsdale.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We arrived on New Year's eve, and stayed on a 4 nights / 1 night free package. Overall, a beautiful site and property with a great pool area. I've stayed at Westin Kierland, and liked the hotel here a little better, but I liked the proximity of the golf course better there. Pools were heated and were being used by many folks, and the hotel common areas were nice. The New Year's party was a lot of fun, with free hats and feathers for the ladies, and overall just well done.

My only reason for not giving it 5 stars were the double beds in the rooms. The room we had was as advertised - two double beds - not queen sized beds, and for two people, pretty small. I have not been in too many hotels lately that still use double beds, and we likely won't do this again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to start 2014 off with us at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa! We were delighted to celebrate New Year's Eve with you. Thank you so much for your compliments regarding your recent stay with us. We hope you return to try another one of our many guestroom options!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This property is absolutely stunning. The open air bar/restaurant is gorgeous and has great live music events. Coupled with yummy food, you can't beat it. The rooms are great as well though they are a bit standard when compared to the great outside areas.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement regarding our beautiful property and exceptional restaurants! Our entire team would be delighted to serve you again on future visit to Scottsdale!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

After traveling around southern az to see the sites. We deciced to stay for a few days in one place. We stayed at this resort and thoughly enjoyed ourselfs. the golf was great.. the live entertaiment in the lounge was very good . We even had dinner at there Italian Rest. was very good. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms on north side if you want view of resort and golf course. We stayed on south side had...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to spend the holidays with us! I am so glad you enjoyed golfing and our nightly live entertainment. Also, thank you for noting you would stay with us again and that you liked dinning at Alto ristorante e bar.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just returned from 4 nights and had a good time. The grounds are beautiful as all the reviews profess, the pools are nice and heated, the service was with a smile and very good, and the food at all restaurants and the Regency Club was very tasty, and well presented. Very much enjoyed the Gondola ride, campfires, live music, and the 'wine and dine" at SWB. Regency Club was a pleasant area and food was better than I expected. The slide was great, they let big kids on it too, so I rode at least 6 times and had a blast. The complaints I have are that there seems to be just the one large hot-tub in the pool complex and small children are allowed in it; I raised two of my own so I love and appreciate children but the little ones still using floaties are in there en mass and are prone to let loose in the warm water. I would prefer a separate adults tub. Lastly, room 3753 needs the safe replaced. We had to call 3 different times to get it opened to retrieve our belongings and that is just too many and unacceptable. All-in-all, we had a great time and would return but hope management takes my complaints to heart. I am a Hyatt member and have come to expect perfection at the Hyatts where we stay. We travel a lot and dont mind spending for that perfect getaway. This resort was close to perfect but not all the way there.

1  Thank dadatwork40
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your resort experience with us. We are delighted that, overall, you had a “great time!” We will definitely have our Engineering Department follow-up on the issue with your safe. With regard to your suggestion of an adult only hot tub, our water playground was designed for all ages. Your point is well made and we will have our recreation team be more vigilant in overseeing this area. We look forward to welcoming you, again, on a return visit.