Don't ruin your bowl game trip by choosing this hotel! Awful, awful. We were part of a large group, arrived at the hotel in buses from our charter plane at around 1:00 pm. No rooms were ready, since it was not guaranteed until 4:00. Everyone went to the restaurants and bars. UNDERSTAFFED, and took forever to get food or drink.
People were eventually sitting on chairs and sofas sleeping. We finally got our room close to 5:00. They said they even had mangers cleaning rooms, which, I guess, explained the lack of soap and shampoo.
Overall, it was mediocre. There were so many complaints, Hyatt donated like $25,000 to the scholarship fund. So for their bad service, Hyatt got a tax deduction and individuals got an ICE CREAM! That's what I said, when we finally got to our room, exhausted, they called, waking us up, to offer a free ice cream.
I suppose this is a great hotel with high rating the rest of the year, but don't go for the Fiesta Bowl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort