Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)
Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)
3,081 results
All reviewsgondola ridemineral poolcanyon marketswb restaurantsouthwest bistrosand beachadult poolnightly entertainmentpool areagolf courselobby barself parkingbeautiful groundsspring breakfamily vacationfamily poolcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale with my family. We had two adjoining rooms on the concierge level. The rooms were bright and spacious with a good size balcony facing the courtyard and pool. I would highly recommend the concierge level. There is continental breakfast daily, snacks in the afternoon and in the evening as well as cocktails that you can purchase. It really is a benefit since the kids can snack all day long. And the facility is kept very clean and there is a wonderful courtyard where you can sit and enjoy the scenery. Their pool is the best, with a portion of it being a sand bottom so the kids can play at the "beach".
They just remodeled the water slide which is really great for kids and adults alike. In the evening they had a movie on the "beach" where they served popcorn. They also have firepits where you can cook s'mores in the evening and romantic gondola rides. All in all a great family resort with something for everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Candy C
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments about our pools! We hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter until your next visit!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I used this hotel for a convention I was going to which was taking place there. They could not have picked a more beautiful spot. The hotel is simply lovely. The views are spectacular, the food was wonderful, best fajitas I have ever had, and the staff was very friendly. There was a Hertz rent a car on the property, which was convenient for renting a car at the airport and then returning it at the hotel, after seeing some sights in the area. You really need a car in the is area if you wan to go off property for food, but since the food was so good and the convention was feeding us as part of the package, I didn't really need one. There are 2 main pools, one for kids with a beach and sand area, and a water slide for kids of all ages. There are also casitas on the property, which, even if I didn't see inside of, looked beautiful. I paid $30 more to get a room on the ground floor, overlooking the small pond, which was a good idea. I purchased some breakfast foods from the store, sat outside on the patio in the hotel provided robes and ate breakfast, with the view of the pond. I would have to recommend that you pay the extra for the better room on the pond side for the view and quiet area. The hotel had bad reception with Sprint, not the hotel fault, but the internet was good. Service by the pool for drinks was a bit slow and the pool area seemed to get dirty with a lot of used towels and used drink cups as the day went on. They could use a bit more help by the pool. I have also stayed at the Princess hotel, in the area, which was very nice, but I have decided that this was a more enjoyable hotel. The hotel room was comfortable, with a little wear in some areas, but overall very nice.

Room Tip: Pay the $30 and get a room by the small pond so you can have a quiet area to sit outside.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and choice to stay at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa! We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay so much and truly appreciate your detailed review and kind comments! We can't wait to see you again and hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a quick two-night stay for a conference so didn't have a chance to take advantage of many of this property's amenities. The many pools/water features are amazing ranging from adult-focused to kid/family focused. They loan out cruiser bikes at no charge (but only before 5 p.m.) which looks like a perfect way to check out the surrounding areas of Scottsdale. I enjoyed the food at both the Bistro and Alto (Italian restaurant) and was impressed with the fresh, healthy menus at both. This would be a fabulous place for a romantic get-away, especially for folks who enjoy active recreation like golf, hiking, etc.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong. I had the most basic, inexpensive double queen room (3rd floor) and it had a nice balcony/veranda overlooking a rooftop - but the roof was transformed into a succulent garden which made it unexpectedly lovely.
1  Thank WriteToColleen
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing to stay at our resort! We can't wait to have you again to enjoy our dining and other amenities.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt for three days a mix of business and pleasure. It was a beautiful hotel. The location was perfect - we walked to gainey village for dinner one night, took the shuttle to old Scottsdale - with no problems. The food was excellent - a little pricey but expected for this type of resort. They have an adult pool area with soft cushions for lounging - very nice - cocktail and food service available - perfect for relaxing. They have a family pool area with lots of activities for kids - even a water slide and sand beach!! We would definitely return with our teenage daughter. We went kayaking and a hot air ballon ride scheduled with zebra adventures which is on site - very convenient. Had a massage at the spa - again pricey but worth it!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent visit. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, our amenities and location. We can't wait to see you again with your daughter and hope you will take advantage of our great packages, which offer great value!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was here for a 2-day conference. Although there was a bit of a line at check-in, this was made easy by staff serving drinks to guests. Line moved fairly quickly. Staff was welcoming.

Room was very nice/comfortable/clean, but looked out over a driveway. In all fairness, I did reserve at the group rate and I really didn't spend much time in the room. Conference services were nice--snacks/cold drinks at break, very nice buffet meals during conference.

I did have a sandwich in the marketplace restaurant, a Bloody Mary in the lobby bar (server was very attentive and drink was plentiful with nice garnishes). I also got to spend a bit of time at the pool, which I thought was top-notch, not crowded, and well attened by staff. I wish I had more time to enjoy this beautiful facility.

Room Tip: I would ask for room overlooking golf course, pool, or courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay at our resort. We can't wait to see you again!