Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The room was fine, nothing special, but nothing wrong with it either. The bathroom was very nice. It was very expensive (which is the only reason I am not giving it 5 starts), especially considering my room overlooked the driveway. What was amazing was the pool area. It was expansive, had plenty of seating and clean towels, a friendly pool staff and an adults only section. They also had a very large water slide which was a lot of fun; even though I’m 30yo and triple the minimum height requirement to use it, I couldn't get enough. The hotel is worth the visit for the pool alone.

Room Tip: Ask specifically not to have a room overlooking the driveway. I'm not sure what all the view opt...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank krtangle
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our pool so much and cannot wait to have you back to enjoy it again soon! We hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The resort was beautiful and classy, the pools were amazing, I loved how the hotel was open and lots of breeze would flow. The service was good however lacked on follow through what they offer. I requested a double bed room and I got one bed room, so had to get changed to a different room, different floor, opposite side and when you have three small children and drove up for 6 hours you want to get in and throw yourself on the bed, I requested a crib and didn't get it until I called the second time, they offer me a bigger refrigerator for my baby's milk which I never got.
The beach was great, service was continues but alcoholic drinks needed alcohol, the use 1 ounce shot on an 8 once glass (I barely drink and couldn't taste it). Other than these everything was great and would go back

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Mglluvsun

Thank you for choosing our resort for your family's stay. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our pools and open layout! We truly apologize for the lack of follow-up you experienced in service and look forward to showing you a more typical example of our stellar service upon your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent 4 nights here for a medical conference. The resort was amazing. Lovely grounds, beautiful pool complex, great service at bars and restaurants. Food is resonably priced. Spa has wonderful facilities. Rooms have outdoor terraces with 2 chairs and table. Gym is a little small but has plenty of machines. Shuttle service runs to downtown scottsdale everyday but sunday. A few blocks outside the hotel is a city bus that runs downtown every 1/2 hour, and a cab csot about $15.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phillycnm
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our resort. We are thrilled you had such a great experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks for taking the time to provide a review!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I will premise this review by stating that my husband and I do not travel like this! We tend to choose vacation rentals or modest hotels that we book because they are either close to attractions or are dog friendly. But for this weekend, we had the freedom to do whatever we wanted and the Hyatt blew our minds!

Gorgeous, huge, facility. Our king room was very nice, completely comfortable, and overlooked the lagoon. The bathroom was large and modern. Everything was spotless. The pools were incredible! We loved the adults-only pool and spent hours reading and swimming in peace and quiet there. Of course, I also had to race down the waterslide with the rest of the kiddos too! The restaurants are lovely with great selection and quality of food. And we wished we had taken advantage of the gondola rides!

The only disadvantage to this property is the location. Gainey Ranch is quite far from the real highlights of Scottsdale. If you are okay driving, or just want to relax on property for a couple of days, this is the place for you. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the lobby if you go to bed early. There is live music every night, and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanderson3

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay. We are pleased you had such a wonderful vacation at our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon! We hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference last fall and was impressed with this hotel.

The staff here is incredible. Everyone was very friendly, on point, and went out of their way to be helpful and to make us feel comfortable. It's also pet friendly

The rooms are newer, large, tastefully appointed, and full of amenities. Wifi is fairly quick, and it is included in the nightly rate... (Also, no hidden resort fees here!) My complaints about the room are few... They have HD TV's in the rooms, but the signal is analog, and the mattress was starting to show some age (with wallows, or ruts, in other words).

My main issue is that this hotel is one that still offers "smoking" rooms. We could smell the smoke from these rooms in the halls and it even found it's way into our room through the cracks in the door. Non-smokers will NOT be happy if you're room ends up next to a smoker.

The public facilities are numerous and great, with the standout being a nice lobby bar stocked with some better names in wine and liquor, especially tequila, and big new HD TV's for watching a game. We ate at the onsite SWB restaurant and tried their "Wine me Dine me" dinner, which was fantastic and a real treat. The meeting facilities are top notch, and the grounds are very nice.

The pool area was being renovated at the time, with only the former "adults pool" open, and I'm hoping it will be renovated as well, since the stone flooring under the lounge chairs was filthy, looking dated and in serious need of a deep cleaning. The pool bar was also woefully lacking in premium beverage choices. Our server was happy to get what we wanted from the lobby bar, but I didn't ask her to go to that trouble

Overall, the Hyatt RSRS @ GR is a great place to have a conference or to just relax and unwind. It's not perfect, but it's a solid pick

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and choice to stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. We appreciate your comments about our staff, accommodations and amenities. We hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We (family of 4 with two boys) spent 4 days here. When we arrived they were showing an outdoor movie for the kids. You can sit on the sandy beach or sit in the lagoon and watch the movie. Our kids loved it... This hotel has lots of swimming pools, slides, nice lounging areas... My favorite pool was at the spa which has less chlorine and more quiet...

The restaurants were good, live music every night was great... Overall, another nice Hyatt property....

Room Tip: We got a corner room which has a big terrace with lounging chairs and nice views....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Turquoise2010
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased your entire family enjoyed it! We hope you'll stay in touch with us on Facebook and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hyatt doesn't advertise it, but they offer a second connecting room at 1/2 off the normal rate, which makes life a little better for large families!

That being said, I probably wouldn't have minded paying full price for this property! The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is that it was a little dirty. I'm pretty laid back, but there was lots of dust on the baseboards, I found someones clothes left behind a dresser, and found a lovely almond on the ground right next to the bed. We also couldn't get part of the kids shower to work. Housekeeping needs to kick it up a notch. But the furnishings/bedding/ were all top notch.

Loved that there was a Starbucks in the lobby, and we really liked the "free filtered water refills" on the bottles for sale. (Although, don't put them in the dishwasher when you get home, they melt completely!)

The main pool area was jam packed when we were there over spring break, but the adult pool was nice and serene! The kids really enjoyed the slide, the little kids there seemed to really love the sandy beach area. Didn't play tennis, but the courts looked great, and there are rackets for loan at the concierge. Speaking of the concierge, there were usually two on duty, and I'm glad for that, because the first one I dealt with didn't seem to "get it."

Spent one morning in the spa. Heaven on a stick. I would love to go back with girlfriends and just hang there for a weekend. Take your kids on the gondola ride, free with dinner at Italian restaurant (probably free if you just sweet talk them and flash a tip) they'll love it. Also, you can get a marshmallow kit to roast smores over the fire pits.

There are so many resorts in this area, I'm not sure we would stay there with my family again, but I really can't complain too much!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the front/parking area and was very quiet. One person I met complained that her...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive review and choice to stay with us! We are pleased to read you enjoyed our amenities and resort. We appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing them with housekeeping as they aren't typical of our staff. We are looking forward to seeing your family again in the future!