We spent a week there last week (4/13 - 4/19) and had a wonderful time. We went with two adjoining rooms (our daughters are 6 and 8) and that worked great and in the end was a better deal than a suite. Comfy beds and decent space - at least with two rooms and two closets it worked out. Our rooms were over the Lagoon, or sort of the area where the Regency Club is and so it was v. v. quiet at night. I know some people complain of noise but on our end we just heard the wind and palm fronds. Originally we did pay extra for the club level access but that ended up not being worth it to us since we were doing day trips and cocktails were not included, and it's only $20 to use the spa (which ROCKS!) rooms per day vs. $75 for the club, but it was easy enough to cancel that with no hassle. We loved the live music at night and we loved eating at the Southwest restaurant as well as the poolside menu. The concierge was fantastic at setting up reservations for us, recommending hikes and telling us about places to visit.
My only thought is that it would have been nice to have life guards. There are guards at the water slide, but with so many kids and so many twists and turns in the pools it would have felt safer to me if I knew there were a few people dedicated to watching swimmers. But other than that it was great. We hiked Camelback, Pinnacle Peak, and did horseback riding, really loved eating at the hotel but also a local Thai place (down the street) called Soy4 and then the best place of all time, El Chorro. All kid friendly - our girls are used to dining out, but all those places had kid options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort