Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Spa weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My friend and I were given a long weekend for Christmas from our boss's and it was wonderful. The resort, staff and spa are all wonderful. Top shelf all the way. We enjoyed the adult pool everyday and took a gondola ride on the lake. Nightly entertainment was very nice and we didn't have to drive anywhere. Would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We were right on the lake and with a beautiful view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review of our resort. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

We recently stayed at this property to attend a conference. The public areas are quite beautiful but we were disappointed with our accommodations. We paid 50% more to "upgrade" to a lagoon view, which did yield a pretty little balcony overlooking a lagoon on the east side of the building (lovely in the evening, to be honest). However, the room itself was small and had a climate control problem. It smelled funky and never cooled properly. The bathroom was appointed well but was also small and awkwardly organized. On the plus side, we were able to check in early (a blessing since I was recovering from a stomach virus and just needed to sleep), and the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was not a bad experience, but we didn't feel that it provided good value at our price point.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PugTravel
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We appreciate your comments and would like to correct the issues with your room. Please provide the room number you stayed in so we may address your observations. We hope you recovered from the virus quickly and are pleased members of our front desk staff were helpful in accommodating you. We look forward to hosting you on a future visit for a much more typical experience at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa.
Florence, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale exceeded expectations and proved to be a fantastic location for a combination business/pleasure trip with my wife. The property itself is gorgeously manicured (I can;t imagine the number of staff required to keep it up to standard), every single person with whom we interacted was very friendly and professional. Their ability to host the weekend seminar I was attending can not be called into question one bit. Well-organized, great food, excellent service. I onyl wish I had more time to lounge by the pool during our stay. For our first trip to the desert, we could not have been happier.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you very much for providing such kind comments about our resort! We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us during both business and leisure travel. We are excited to share your comments with our staff and look forward to seeing you again during future trips to Scottsdale!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at this property. I was very impressed. The hotel sits on a very large tract of property in Scottsdale. Due to this, there is a large, separate building for the spa on property as well as a great water/pool area for adults and kids alike. There are beautiful palm trees, cacti and Native American art on the property along with ample outdoor seating to enjoy the weather. The food at the property was delicious! I think I can say that is the very first time I have said this about a hotel. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. I am definitely going back with my family. And kids are very welcome guests!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 700mumtraveler
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review of our resort. We are thrilled to read you enjoyed our restaurants, pools, spa and other amenities so much! We appreciate you noticing our family-friendly activities and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Springfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was surprised this place was tucked into, what appears to be a residential area. Very nice amenities, rooms were comfortable. Sitting out on my deck one evening and an gondola from Venice cruises by with a gentleman signing opera. Wonderful. Many nice pools. Some for families, some for adults. Golf course on site looked very nice, but I did not play this time.

Staff was friendly and open air entryway was a neat touch.

Room services was good and one place in the hotel was open 24 hours.

The pillows were a bit big for me, even though they provided several different sizes. A minor thing for most people.

Room Tip: I stayed at the far end of the resort at, my request. It may be a bit far for some with kids or thos...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our amenities and property. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Scottsdale to enjoy a gondola ride and some time on the golf course!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Resort Scottsdale fulfills your fantasy of what a hotel should be. Great physical facility, perfect service, and wonderful breakfast. Try it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keithkanderson
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm just checking out after a 4 night stay. This was my first stay at this hotel and my first Hyatt experience in a couple of years. This is a great place to stay and I almost gave it the full 5 stars on tripadvisor.
First of all, the employees are all very friendly and helpful. I didn't run across one hitch in service from front desk to pool servers. The hotel itself is very well designed, quite stunning and well maintained in public areas. The rooms are perfect. Transitional/contemporary designed with large bathroom. Rooms are very clean and also in good shape. I'm guessing a fairly recent renovation.

There is also a very nice pool area, including an adults only area with good music and bar service.
You'll find several good restaurants with freshly prepared food. I ate at all three without problem, but I'd probably give the nod for best to the casual SWB with open kitchen. With such good food and drink, I hardly left the property!

If you like cocktails, you'll find some really nicely crafted cocktails made with fresh ingredients at the main bar. Oddly, this does not hold true for the pool bar. There's a shift to sugary margarita mixes and little alcohol there. That seemed to be the universal opinion/gripe by others at the pool. Seems easily fixed, so hopefully they can put some attention to that in the future.

My only other complaint is the thermostat in the room. You can move it to 65, but it is locked out to keep it from getting anywhere near that cool. A phone call to the front desk got this resolved very quickly. However, I'm waiting to check out now and they have turned the air back up to the room starting at 9 am. I guess they are ready for me to leave? It's not hot, but not the cool 70-72 most would appreciate. Hyatt: let your guests control the room temperature.

Overall, I had a great experience and I think Hyatt has lifted the bar here over what I am used to getting at a Marriott or Hilton conference-style hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room. You may want to stay away from rooms near the pool or main cou...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your trip! We appreciate your compliments about the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort staff, guestrooms, pools and restaurants! Thank you for your comments about the poolside drinks and room temperature, will will discuss them with our staff. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Arizona!