“nice and clean”

Fairfield Inn Scottsdale North
Ranked #68 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 27, 2012

nice medium price hotel , great clean pool , staff went out of its why to help all customers,, branden was a great help to me , i was lost and he took the time to give me instructions on how to get to the hotel it turn out that i went completly the wrong way , went with a scoccer team and they went out of their way to make sure the food was out early so the kids could eat before there big game , by the way our little town called yuma won the tournament , u12 , yea , great weekend , thanks fairfield inn .

Room Tip: get one that overlooks the pool .
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yumabrad

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Being in the Phoenix area, we knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in our room so I booked us at this Fairfield Inn. Little did I realize exactly how small the room would actually be.

We were actually staying for about a week while visiting family so we unpacked to settle in. The drawers were fine but the "closet" was a shelf and pole hung on the wall - right out in the open - next to the ironing board and iron (also just hanging on the wall. Then there was no place to put the luggage to get it out of the way.

The bathroom was marginally clean. There was a piece of some sort of trash on the floor when we checked in and it was still there when we checked out.

Again, the room was so small that two of us couldn't pass at the foot of the bed or on either side of the bed. The bed itself was OK. We got a king room and the mattress definitely felt like it wasn't new but it was quite comfortable.

We didn't eat on property or use the pool so I am unable to provide any feedback on either of those.

If we come back to the area, I think I'll spend a few dollars more and get a room where we can streatch without hitting each other.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beenz4u
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My best friend and I just spent 4 nights there. Feb 9-13th, 2012. The front desk staff were helpful and gladly moved us to a 2nd level poolside room as we weren't comfortable being on the main floor. The bathrooms were on the small side but everything was clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub were clean and good size. Only 2 miles north to great shopping and restaurants at the Promenade Shops. Housekeepers were very nice and professional as was Ceasar who was the pool and maintenance person. We will stay here again. Also it's only $21 to take the super shuttle to the PHX airport. The hotel is near the Scottsdale airport but the planes didn't bother us at all.

Room Tip: Well as this is a motel like setting (meaining no indoor hallways) we asked to face the pool, we had...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EggLover29
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is an approximately 25 year old property oddly situated on a busy upscale four-lane (Scottsdale Road). This is not a newer Fairfield Suites variety hotel but has been recently renovated. The first floor is outside sidewalk access to rooms, the 3rd floor requires key access, all served by one elevator. The rooms, although clean and comfortable are on the small side. My room didn’t even have a closet but instead had the ironing board and clothes hangers attached to the actual main wall of the room. Bathroom I found small, small flat screen, and a handy fridge. As with all Fairfield’s they have free basic breakfast. Internet speed was adequate. Being a busy road there are several restaurant choices close by. Overall a decent choice if you’re a business traveler but expect some limitations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank edtoby007
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This place isn't great and isn't awful. It's "average" for under $120. Clean and tidy grounds, clean-ish rooms but dated bathrooms, sinks, etc. For cheap and no frills and free breakfast, stay here.

If you like airplanes, this is a cool place. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Scottsdale airport and in the direct landing path. Fortunately, there are no late night or early morning planes to wake you up.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Pack-Less
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is a convenient, relatively inexpensive option for N Scottsdale, right on Scottsdale Rd. It's modest hotel in an upscale neighborhood- v comfortable beds, quiet- at least the night I was there. (It was a weeknight.) Ask for the 3rd floor for quietest option- you need a room key to get to the hallways on the 3rd floor. There is an elevator. Breakfast is typical. Bathroom small but adequate. I did not need heat or AC so the unit noise not a factor for me. Staff helpful- and USA Today was available for customers. Very convenient to Vi @ Silverstone-

Room Tip: 3rd floor for quietest rooms- see review.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank saguarocactus
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here for one night while attending soccer tournaments in the area, and enjoyed the time spent. Got a great deal as a group rate. Room and bathroom are on the smaller size but adequate for our stay. I thought my bed was very comfortable and slept well all night. The breakfast was very good and offered choices like make-your-own waffles, hot oatmeal with various toppings, microwavable biscuit sandwiches, cold cereals, etc. What I really appreciated was the friendliness of the employees, especially Brandon. He was very helpful as we asked his advice about places to eat and malls in the area. I did hear from other parents about a leaking roof on the 3rd floor and a fire alarm going off the previous night which disturbed their sleep. Our room was on the 1st floor and we had no problems whatsoever. It was clean and easy to access. Parking was available right in front of our room.This is the 2nd time we've used this hotel for our team stay and I would definitely stay here again, whether as a group or on my own.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family