“Peace and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Newport Beach, California
“Peace and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I chose this hotel because I needed to be in the area. I normally stay on Mill Avenue when I am in Phoenix, but this was a fantastic decision. This may be the single cleanest and most quiet hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was roomy and comfortable, and if there was anyone else staying in the hotel- and I presume there was given by all the cars in the lot- I was completely unaware of them. Right next to the hotel is a nature path that winds between the hotel and the Mayo Clinic, and it was great to be out there during the day and also under the full moon. I got two great nights of unbelievably good, uninterrupted sleep. This is a great place to stay. The various restaurants at Shea and the 101 are really close by, so don't listen to all the people below who mention the hotel being remote. It is a rare hotel that is not beside a freeway. Take advantage of that.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper story room with a balcony. Mine had a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
What a wonderful review for others to learn how great our Marriott hotel is! It is like a jewel of the desert with amazing views of the sunset and great walks along the nearby paths. Our intention for every guest is to have them enjoy a great night's sleep! It sounds like we succeeded with you! Our team is pleased you found the hotel exceptionally clean as well! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience! Please return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice facility,beautiful pool area with hot tub, convenient location,shuttle service to Mayo, reasonable rates...the only negative is that breakfast is NOT included and the offerings for sale were sparse in their cafe...

Room Tip: Our room offered us easy access to the courtyard and pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting others know how you liked your visit to our hotel while you were visiting the Mayo Clinic! We are pleased with our close proximity and enjoy a great relationship with them. Guest do appreciate the shuttle to and from the clinic as that relieves them from the need to drive. Our Courtyardbrand now features the Bistro as well as Starbucks coffee drinks and beverages. I am sorry to learn you were not pleased with what was available. Should you ever find that to be the case at a Courtyard, please ask to speak to a Manager to express what is missing so we can pass it on to our corporate leaders. We do value your comments and hope that will not keep you from choosing our hotel or another Courtyard in the future.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the beginning of June for a week while having some tests done at the Mayo Clinic. This hotel is very clean, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is an on-demand shuttle to and from Mayo Clinic, and if one feels like walking in the heat, it's only a 5-min walk. The property is well maintained and is spotless. The is a swimming pool, a small gym with treadmills, elliptical, cycle machine and free weights, and a coin-operated laundry center. There is a "market" for snacks, and the Bistro for meals, but food is not included in the rate. The location is pretty much on the border of Scottsdale, so a rental car is necessary if one wants to explore Scottsdale or have a meal outside of the hotel.

I am a clean freak so when I say the place is clean, it is really clean. Every staff member is courteous and accommodating. Even the housekeeper remembers you - she saw me once in the beginning of the week, and in mid week I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign out as I had an early test in the clinic because my boyfriend was still asleep, when I got back around noon and bumped into her in the hallway, she asked me if I needed anything in my room since I had the sign up (I wasn't even near my room yet). That is good care and service!

The laundry center has two sets of washer/dryer. Each wash or dry is $2, and if you go to the front desk to get change, they will provide the detergent for free. It is convenient for guests who stay for a longer period due to the visit to Mayo Clinic.

The food from the Bistro is decent. They do have healthy choices for people who need to watch their diet. For guests who stay for a longer duration, it could get expensive and boring to have meals at the Bistro everyday.

I had a very lovely stay at this particular Courtyard. For the people who have wheels, this location has a good rate and is quiet and away from everything, so it could be a good place to stay. For the people who are visiting Scottsdale because of Mayo Clinic, this location is perfect and has everything you need for a short stay in one location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmazingScotch
We do appreciate you informative review of our hotel to assist others in finding a clean and comfortable place to stay, especially if they are visiting the Mayo Clinic. Our team is proud to take special care of each room and happy you found the hotel and grounds to be "really clean". Beyond our clinic guests, those who like to be in beauty of nature will find our location in the Sonoran desert amazing. The sunsets take your breath away! Most people do have a rental car when they stay and find it is a short drive into Scottsdale for many venues and exceptional restaurants. This location is perfect for many types of guest. Please visit again!
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Shea Blvd. next to Mayo Clinic. The hotel was clean, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. Use the hotel's shuttle to come back from a procedure and the driver was very accomodating. I would recommend this hotel if you will be at the Shea Blvd. Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 49Nancy
Thanks for your review and we do appreciate your noticing how caring our team is! We pride ourselves on an exceptionally clean hotel with a team that cares about each guest. We welcome our clinic guests and our vacationers as well.
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a typical Res Inn, clean, great hospitality, decent value. It's actually fairly close to a large mall, but where it actually sits its in the middle of the desert. Breakfast was a little above average for a Res Inn, the pool was average, they have the typical fire pits that are awesome on a chilly desert night.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave R
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month with my daughter, as I was having tests done at the Mayo Clinic. It was so nice to have the Clinic walking distance but also the option of their free, on-demand shuttle. We felt welcome from the moment we stepped in the hotel and were greeted by Penny and Roxy at the front desk. They could not have been more welcoming and accommodating! We had a very early morning flight and they were happy to get us situated in a room although check-in was not for several more hours. It was so nice to see the familiar faces of Penny and Roxy each day and they were truly interested in how our stay was going. The general manager even went out of her way to speak with us. The rooms were clean and bright. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at this hotel! The entire hotel was very clean and bright and had a warm and inviting atmosphere. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rebecca S
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Our team is pleased to know they made a difference to you and your daughter everyday of your stay by providing a clean and bright environment. Both Penny and Roxyare valued associates of Marriott and they care about the well-being of all of our guests. Thank you for recognizing them! On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for staying at our hotel.
Northridge, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on April 6th. Downside--when I walked into my room, it was still dirty--dirty ice bucket, dirty coffee table w/a dirty washcloth on it, smudged pillowcases. UPSIDE--bathroom was spotless! So, i called the front desk about it, and they immediately upgraded me to a suite. The suite they gave me was perfectly clean. :)
Another downside--no room service. They have a small cafe, with a limited menu. However---I had breakfast there in Sunday morning, and the food was great. Cafe staff was also very professional and accomodating.
BIGGEST UPSIDE: the staff couldn't bend over backwards enough to make me happy. They were genuinely embarrassed by the dirty room, and really made an effort to accomodate me. They were friendly., professional, and so very accomodating. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathy H
Thank you for you response, I agree with you the staff is great!!! I am sorry about your room because we pride ourselves in making sure everything looks the way your bathroom did. We do offer to go service in the Bistro along with an extended menu called the Bistro Plus that offers salmon, chicken, N.Y strip steak and rigatoni. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Inn at Eagle Mountain
Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark
TownePlace Suites Scottsdale
TownePlace Suites Scottsdale
#59 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!