“So so hotel at high rates”

Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for business. While convenient to Mayo Clinic, it doesn't seem worth the money. The beds are very uncomfortable, the breakfast is expensive yet plain, and the cost was fairly expensive ($140). I'll definitely try staying elsewhere on my next visit considering the price and what I could get elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank epi007
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We appreciate your comments and want to let you know about our wonderful hotel make-over which was completed in October 2012! Our beds and furniture have been replaced with the new modern look and feel of comfort. You would enjoy the transformation of our meal options as well! Guess now enjoy a variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner on an ala carte basis! The dishes range from simple to creative and all are delicious and priced competitively to area restaurants! We are very proud of our new look and options for our guests! I encourage you to stop in on another visit and see how the changes look and feel firsthand!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Hotel was ok but because it was beside the Mayo Clinic there was a lot of sick people there. I do have compassion for them, but it wasn't the hotel environment I hoped for on a vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IBrammer417

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! While we do host many guests who are patients at the Mayo Clinic, many other guests recognize the hotel’s location in the beautiful Sonoran Desert as the perfect setting for their vacation. There are numerous outdoor activities year around such as hiking and biking trails, numerous exceptional golf courses throughout nearby Scottsdale and Phoenix as well as many Fountain Hills Arts Festivals. Should you crave a quiet, get-away-from-it-all vacation, please think of us!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'm a long term fan of Marriott hotels and spa resorts. I stayed here because it was close to my conference. I loved my suite. The bedroom was separate from the kitchen and front living room. I had a queen bedroom. I stayed for 4 days and it was lovely. There was a full breakfast bar and the front desk staff was awesome!!!! Would definitely stay again. The hotel seemed fairly new..,not more then a year old so I was confused about the other reviews.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I paid $125 for my room- how did the lady below get one for $65- I thought Marriott Rewards members got the "best rate"- wrong. We stayed here last minute when the drive up to Prescott was having a major snowstorm. Much nicer than the Tucson Airport Courtyard!
A bit over priced but ok

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after getting a room for $65 on priceline. I have to say we were very impressed. At check in my daugther was treated like a special guest and her choice of room was offered (after stating I didn't mind of course). The pool and spa were both heated and we were able to stay and play til 10:30 pm even with a few sprinkles, beause they are so warm. In the winter its nice to find a hotel with an outdoor pool comfortable for adults as well as kids. We had a fabulous weekend and the room was clean comfortable quiet and very well worth the amount we paid plus some!! With the location we enjoyed eating in Fountain Hills, Shopping in Scottsdale, and visiting family in Peoria.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This hotel was as expected for a Courtyard. Room was very nice and staff was very helpful. We ended up staying here because of the excellent rate. Downside was the strange vibe caused by being right by the Mayo so most guests were patients.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank LexKymom50
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I tried to like this hotel. Imagine checking in and enountering an irate customer yelling at the front desk. The other staffers are paralyzed in fear and check me in using whispers. No phone call to apologize for the scene I encountered. No attempt to take the argument private. Then add no towels at the pool and rooms that are obviously Courtyard rooms from the good old days. The pool area was also a mess. You can dress up the lobby but she's still old, poorly run and not worth the marriott name. Its just a hotel where if you have to stay due to its location near Mayo do it with cautioun. But if you can be flexible---find another place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MONYLINE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Inn at Eagle Mountain
Courtyard Scottsdale North
#52 of 75 in Scottsdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale on Shea Boulevard
Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains

Been to Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!