“Neighborhood hole-in-the-wall fine for pizza or pasta specials”
Review of Redendo's Pizzeria Ristorante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Redendo's Pizzeria Ristorante
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good pizza and calzones. Start with a generous antipasto salad to accompany your pizza or nightly pasta specials. Dine in if you can find one of just a few tables or take out

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have been coming into Redendos for a while now. The dishes are usually pretty good and full of flavor and freshness. Everything is homemade and cut fresh there, so its good quality food with huge portions. Our group was in Friday the 13th and it was busy. We ordered two orders of the delicious garlic knots, and a Sicilian style Nico Antonio. Our waitress Nicky warned us that since it was busy we would have to wait a little longer because the cook has to whip up some more. No problem, we rather have fresh garlic knots rather no knots at all, so we waited. She apologized and still took care of us even though it looked like she had 6 other tables, not including ours. Her service was great even being busy. It seems like the other waitress was nowhere to be found for help, and Nicky was more than picking up slack. (She worked the whole time she was pregnant at this same pace) Nicky than told us our pizza was getting topped with toppings and it would be just a little bit longer. She continued with her other tables, doing refills, placing orders, and running foodnout. Still no other waitresses. And service was still great. The pizza finally came out and the pizza is worth the wait. The dough was fluffy, the toppings plentiful, and wasnt over or under cooked with the crunchy crust and not to doughy middle. Watching Nicky run around is great entertainment I just wish service was a little better and she had help that was actually working.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I were in Scottsdale recently. Whenever we go there, we arrange to meet several NY friends who retired to AZ. . Based on the many positive reviews we read about Redendo's in Scottsdale , we were looking forward to a NY style gastronomic experience. The antipasto was prepared really nicely and the family size was more than enough for our group of 6. The meats, cheeses and lettuce was chopped up rather than being layered and all ingredients were fresh and tasty. A couple of us ordered eggplant parmigiana . The eggplant was sliver thin and overlooked, then laid out in top of spaghetti that just didn't have enough marinara sauce, making the spaghetti kind of dry and stuck together. My husband was looking forward to spaghetti with white clam sauce. When the food came out, he was so disappointed. There were hardly any clams or sauce and the pasta stuck together . He told the server and he was informed there were no more clams to make another dish. He then asked for the eggplant parmigiana and was disappointed with that as were the others.

There was a lot of food left over and no one took home any left overs. We don't think the owner/chef was in the kitchen and it seems to me that if he is as good as the reviews led us to believe, his cooks aren't following his recipes.

There was only one server and she did an admirable job. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy, but there were a lot of orders to go and she took care of those too.

I feel badly that I'm not able to give the restaurant a better review, but aside from the fun NY memorabilia , Redendo's doesn't offer much more.
I

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Having just arrived in Scottsdale for a week, I looked on line for a highly rated pizza place since we were too tired to use the condo's kitchen. There were a few listed that were close by to the Sheraton Desert Oasis, but the reviews and menu prices seemed to be what I was looking for. Our navigation system took as right there. It's at the back of the shopping are that houses Safeway. It wasn't busy at all, and it was a Friday night. Don't know why. The service was a little spotty, but one person was only on his second day. By spotty, there wasn't much knowledge of all the menu items yet, to be understood, but the waitress wasn't sure what type of wines they had, but finally pointed to a small wine list on the table. After our very delicious caesar salad, the waitress delivered us our check. We hadn't got our main course yet. Then our pizza got delivered to a table behind us, and the eggplant to a table to our side. This was done by the new employee. I noticed a look of puzzlement on the people with our pizza, so I asked them if they had the wrong one. I then took it to our table. The waitress was most apologetic, and soon delivered the eggplant. The new employee then apologized a number of times. We assured them it was no big deal, and it wasn't. It actually added some fun to the evening. The food. It was very good. The crust was thin and crispy with a nice flavor of its own. I liked the sauce, seemed fresh with little chunks of tomatoes, and the cheese was just the proper amount. Sausage and bacon topping were plentiful and tasty. The eggplant was thinly sliced, and there was a generous amount. It was on a bed of spaghetti that will feed us for another two meals. We bought a large pizza so we would have leftovers in the condo, and it will also last quite a while. Our $40 bill will turn out to have given us two, if not three meals. They decor was fun, with lots of Rat Pack pictures and other celebs from the 50s and 60s. Only bad thing was all the Yankees memorabilia. The music fit the pictures theme.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Redendos has a lot of great foods, but I keep coming back for the pizza. This is old world excellent pizza. Simply stellar.