“All you can eat sushi”

Good for: Families with children
Cave Creek, Arizona
“All you can eat sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner with my adult son who can eat like a horse. It is all you can eat for about $20 at dinner. It does not appear that they are using the conveyor belt any longer. So, you must order off the menu.
We found the food to be fresh and tasty. The service was fairly slow. I would recommend that you order frequently to make sure fresh food keeps coming without waiting too long.
We thought the tempura appetizers were quite good. I would say that their sushi and fried rices were somewhat average. However, the rolls that we tried were outstanding, as was the sashimi. My son also had two bowls of the udon noodle soup that he thought were very tasty.
The servers, for the most part, are very friendly, but speak poor English. They prefer that you order by number of the menu item vs. name.
I recommend Akita if you have a very hearty appetite.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Food was really under-seasoned and very bland. The service was a mess. Every order, without exception was wrong and took forever to get to you. Almost none of the help spoke English. Ordering very confusing. The place was almost empty at lunch time and the service was still annoyingly slow. With all the competition in town, they really need to step it up.

Visited August 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Ready to roll....(sushi roll if anything else...)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went there a few days ago with my girlfriend and I have to say the food was very good, very fresh and nicely priced... The entire staff was friendly and attentive (well, we were the only one there), overall this is a great spot to have good sushi, rather quickly, thanks to the revolving belt. Akita is facing one issue in my opinion, a real big issue and it's the location !!! The SE corner of Via Linda and 90 th is a nightmare to get to !! You can easily miss the entrance of this strip mall WHEREVER you come from, the access was poorly designed...This particular spot has been at least 6 different restaurants the last 10 years...Anyway, I wish them success and hope they can stay in business and thrive !!

• Visited May 2014
“Best Sushi in the Phoenix Metro! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We tried Akita (the newest and best robata) during it's second week open which if you're like me and can't wait for the dust to settle on a new dining adventure, you know the food and service can be a challenge.

Not true at Akita. We went during the middle of the dinner rush but were greeted and seated promptly. We lucked out in getting to sit at the inside end of the first bend of their beautiful and mesmerizing stainless steel conveyor that resembles shimmering fish scales.

The sushi options were numerous and very fresh. It took watching the rotation almost two full circuits before I could make up my mind! Of course I went for my favorite yellowtail (Hamachi) and the Tuna (Maguro). But I was also lured by the Manhattan and Spider rolls. Their spicy Tuna and Salmon rolls were good and had a nice spice, but for me they need a version that is mostly Siracha, perhaps I'll ask them to make me one and call it the Nitro Roll??

Plates on the conveyor run between $1.50 thru $5 for 2 - 4 pieces. Be sure to make it easy on your server and stack your plates by color. It will make getting your bill fast and more accurate. Our bill for 14 plates 3 beers and hot tea came to just over $40. I've never had that much good sushi for so little. Oh, they also have a good selection of items for the non sushi people too!

1 Thank Diana C
upstate NY
“Really good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My family took me here for mothers day. We love the revolving sushi concept. Really fast and we can try lots of different kinds of food because of the small portions and low prices. My husband loved the baby octopus and the squid salad. He also said the fresh tuna was excellent. I had sweet potato sushi - tasty and we all shared gyoza, fried tofu (age tofu), and a couple other sushi rolls. All were very good or excellent. Service was friendly but still working out the kinks of a new operation. The chef came to our table and asked how we liked the meal. He explained how he gets the fish fresh, not frozen, giving customers higher quality. Very very good! We will definitely go back and highly recommend.