“Fun Place”

Salt + Lime
Ranked #298 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Locals bar.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fun Place”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We paid a visit to the Salt+Lime on a weeknight at happy hour. First impression is that I will go back there, but not right away.

We had appetizers and the crispy taco shell was a little undercooked, but pretty good. The quesadilla was filled with chicken and we found it plenty to eat and above average. The poppers are for hot-lovers only--really good with chicken and cheese stuffed in a jalapeno, but pretty hot.

The crowd was mostly mixed and lively, which I enjoy. The service was very good and pleasantly attentive and interactive. All--in-all a small and funky Tex-Mex place with an attitude.

It had a bar feel to it, which I also like.

One head's up, their is a Cigar Bar/Club about four doors down and it bothered my wife, although I did not smell anything until we were outside of the Salt+Lime.

• Visited August 2014

Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Fresh Flavor & Ambiance”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visited Sunday early afternoon; wanted to check out this new restaurant along a common route we take for work and more. It was oh so delightful, better than ever expected. Everything is new and clean; décor is warm yet sophisticated. Service was very attentive (at least 4 people making sure we were taken care of). The satellite music playing was perfect, "Sunday Morning." The house margarita, very good. We had fun with the salsas; you get the house for free with chips then you can order the gourmet choices (we ordered the arbol, habanero, and tomatillo...all excellent). One of us had two al cart tacos (one snapper, one beef...both outstanding). One of us ordered the veg fajita burrito which came with a side salad (ordered it enchilada style with the red [vegetarian] sauce...amazing and enough for 3 meals). Expect uncommon new-American/Mex fare (e.g. quinoa kale salad). This is our new go-to place and place to take visitors. Be advised that it is located in a strip mall and not well advertised; once inside, a desert oasis awaits and you won't want to leave.

• Visited July 2014
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“NOT WORTH ANOTHER TRY!!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I always start out with a 5 star and deduct based on negative encounters, so here is my take on S&L.
Hubby and I went on a Saturday evening, about 6pm, so just missed their happy hour. 1st negative encounter: so freakin loud you couldn't even hear yourself think! The acoustics are awful, bar and restaurant together combined with loud music, open ceiling, tile flooring, everybody talking loud because thats the only way to hear each other, nothing to absorb the sound. If we weren't so hungry we would have left just because of that. Sat next to each other instead of across so we could talk.

#2: Waitresses and staff were friendly and helpful just not extremely knowledgeable about their menu. Waitress said everything was fresh and made to order, Not! Due to some food allergies I requested a few eliminations, couldn't happen. Guacamole with no onions, nope, already pre made and you could tell, out of the container. Fish tacos without the breading, nope pre made. Almost every dish I chose could not be modified. Finally I found 3 tacos I could eat: ahi, pork and chicken wrapped in 2 big overpowering leafs of lettuce with a little cilantro and tomato. This should be #3: cross contamination, even though I requested no cheese/dairy, I still found bits in my tacos as well as onions. Needless to say I was in a lot of pain after dinner that night.
#3: hubby had the Carne Asada plate, iced tea, me 3 tacos nothing else other than water, hubby had a side of guacamole and our dinner came to $51 with the tip. I don't mind spending that much on dinner as long as I enjoy it and don't get sick afterward.

This was our experience, hope yours is better if you decide to try it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank desertscubadiver
Austin
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our party of 5 received great service and the food was awesome.

We had chicken fahitas, pollo asado burrito, carne asada taco, shrimp taco, chicken asada taco and black beans. The food was absolutely fantastic. All of us loved what we had to eat. Highly recommend trying this Mexican restaurant. FYI, the margaritas didn't suck either!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very tasty!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We really enjoyed the food at salt and lime! We thought the salsas and chips were really good! The empanadas were delicious. We had the chicken and fish tacos and they were amazing. My favorite was the guacamole! We were brought complimentary churros for dessert and omg they melted in your mouth! Great new little addition to our other favorite Stone and Vine next door :)

• Visited June 2014