All reviews small airport private airport best westerns breakfast staff free breakfast the breakfast area within a mile radius shuttle service great place to stay would stay here again pool and hot tub king suite mayo clinic clean rooms living room nice pool yogurt
Reviewed July 15, 2018

This was a great hotel. The hotel was extremely Clean. The Property was well kept up. The staff was great to work with. Location was close to everything we were going to in the area. Short Distance to Old Town. I would Highly recommend this hotel

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank Q3525YGpatriciad
ThunderbirdSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Large living area with Kitchener and microwave. Pleasantly surprised to have 2 toilets. They bedroom was spacious with a queen sized bed and bathroom had walk in shower which had room for 2!
As we were on the ground floor we had our own little courtyard which had a table and 4 chairs.
Happy hour which was 2 was excellent and you were given 2 free cocktails or 2 beers plus a buffet of snacks ranging from pretzels and cheeselets to various vegetables and dips. The barman Elmer deserves a special mention as he was an excellent host,very friendly and hard working.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean this hotel was this past weekend. Also I have to add the breakfast was wonderful!! All kinds of stuff not your typical continental bf .... def would recommend for business or family stay. Very kid friendly. Our room had a queen bed and a pull out queen bed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ThunderbirdSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Stayed here for 3 weeks on a recent business trip. The rooms are very large, 2 good sized areas, including kitchenette with fridge, microwave & sink. The only thing on the small side is the bathroom.

Rooms well maintained & cleaned every day to a good standard.

All staff were very friendly & helpful. Food at breakfast is excellent & plentiful. Lori's bar has a great selection of beer & the food there is also splendid.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ThunderbirdSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I checked in at 10 pm on a Sunday night . The front desk male was preoccupied . After checking in , I was told to go around the back to park .I I asked to use the rest room and was given a card key to go outside , the key did not work so I returned .
After parking and taking my luggage to the second floor , the room card key did not work . I brought my suitcase with me and there was no one at the front desk . It was now about 11 pm . There was another guest a,so at the front desk and he said he had been calling and no one answered. The front door was open and there was no one there . When the desk clerk came back I got another key card . The room was very noisy with a lot of people partying in the hallway . There are numerous clubs across the street and it is loud .The hotel has outside stairs from the street and there is no security watching who is on site . I called the front desk but nothing changed . I did not sleep and then construction in the back started at 6 am .
I was supposed to stay for two nights but told them I was leaving and they never assisted me . By the way I am a senior .
I went and stayed at the BW at the airport and it was much quieter .

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank janiebis
ThunderbirdSuites, General Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

I believe your review is for a different hotel. We do not have any clubs near by. We are located in North Scottsdale, and the clubs you are describing are in Old Town Scottsdale. Also, the lay our of the hotel, as you describe, does not match our hotel. Please consider deleting your review and placing it for the correct hotel.
Kind Regards