Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites
$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$155
$132
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$219
$151
$144
$179
EmbassySuites.com
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Restaurant
$397
$339
  • Pool
All reviewssmall airportprivate airportarabian horse showbreakfast staffsmall bathroomfree breakfastbreakfast roomwithin a mile radiusbreakfast bargreat place to stayquiet locationclose to the airportshuttle serviceawesome hotelwould stay here againgreat shoppingmayo clinic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had to stay here, as all other hotels were booked at the time of our stay. Where do I begin with the problems? The door to the room did not work properly, and got so stuck that the only way in was to have another person let you in from inside, so someone had to be in the room at all times. The cleanliness was just bad. Smelled moldy, there were visible stains on the carpet and bed linens and there was mold growing in the bathroom and stains on the inside of the door of the bathroom. There was also a hole in the wall near the carpet that let in bugs. Spiders crawled across the floor all night and one from the bed when I got in to sleep. Needless to say, I did not sleep as a result and watched my dog chase the bugs across the room all night. When the staff was notified, we were told we should see a refund later that day after a manager was spoken to (he had yet to come in for the day) and no such refund or even an apology were given. I do NOT recommend it. Ever. To any one. At all.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Otherideas
ThunderbirdSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I apologize you felt your issues were not handled while you were still on property. Unfortunately your name is not posted here so I cant check on the status of your reservation/refund. I do want to say our hotel is sprayed regularly for pests/insects. and we take pride in the quality work our housekeeping department implements on a daily basis. It seems this time those standards weren't met, and I can assure you that Is not the service we are known for. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel anytime to discuss your issue.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel met all my general travel requirements - free breakfast, free wifi, and free parking. Plus, the breakfast was actually very good, and the pool area was nice. I didn't spend lot of time on the property since I was attending a conference elsewhere, so I can't say much else. I loved the suite layout of the room. I had plenty of space to work, and then a separate area for sleeping. I appreciated the door between the room so I could block out additional noise from that side of the building. Overall - great value for price.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Abbey D

We are glad we met all your requirements in a hotel. Our goal is not only to meet our guest requirements, but to surpass those requirements. We appreciate your loyalty and continued support, and we hope the next time you come we surpass your requirements. Thank you for the great feedback!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone to stay there. We will stay again if we are ever back in the Scottsdale area again. All staff from check in to check out was fantastic and very professional. The breakfast was excellent and better than a lot of breakfast we get at restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We love to get feed back as great yours. Thank you for taking the time to rate us here on Trip Advisor. Giving us feedback allows us to point out or strengths and weaknesses so we can make sure to correct those issues for future stays. It is loyal guests like yourselves why companies such as ourselves are in business. Thank you very much for your continued support and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room was basic and functional. It had a good amount of space and a front lounge separated by the bathroom from the bedroom, which also had plenty of room to move. The bathroom was small, but they made up for that with better-than-average bathroom fixtures.

The wardrobe was small, but this isn't the sort of place where I would do a week-long stay. It's a weekend getaway or an a overnight for pilots being over the road from the Scottsdale airport.

There was a fridge and microwave, but no safe.

The pool is relaxing. Being in a courtyard surrounded by the four wings of rooms, it can be shaded in the early afternoon, so you can swim or lie poolside while it is still light out and warm, but not get sunburnt. If you want direct sunlight, hit it earlier in the day.

The Scottsdale Quarter shops are a short walk away. We walked over to grab a movie at the iPic.

Like most Best Westerns, your hotel status means nothing. Being their top diamond level I thought we might get a nice view, but they put us with a view of the concrete stairs filling our window.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We do everything in our power to acknowledge our members status. I apologize you were not happy about the location of your room. Next time you stay with us please feel free to contact me before hand so we can make sure you are placed in a room of your liking. During our slow season we do shut down a few of our floors for routine maintenance and cleaning. During your stay we had limited rooms which reflects why you were not placed in one of our upgraded rooms, for that I do apologize. I am pleased on the other hand the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

- Greg Conn

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Noise level in bathroom quite high! Fan turns on simultaneously with light. A helicopter hovering above your head would describe the experience! A quiet fan independent of the light will help. Pipes are loud. However, our time in room is for sleeping only and bed was very comfortable and linens crisp. More attention to cleaning behind bathroom door & under vanity would improve my rating to "Very Good". Staff at front desk, bar & dining are all excellent. Pool looked inviting. Grounds were well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to rate us here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you were over all satisfied with your stay. Pointing out the things that you were not satisfied with will help us make sure your next stay will be far superior. Thank you for being a loyal to our brand and we look forward to your next stay with us.