“Outstanding Customer Service!”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Incredible experience at the W--a beautiful and trendy hotel in Scottsdale. Exceptional customer service from Heidi and Brigitte at the Welcome Desk (thank for the chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday!), Nick the Ambassador and Larry (In Room Dining). Check out the new residences at the W!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Thanks for celebrating such a special occasion with us! We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience and to recognize so many of our amazing talent! Glad to hear they helped make your birthday special! Come back and see us again soon! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stayed here for business and was very pleased. The "living room" (lobby) has a cool vibe for having a drink, reading a book, hanging out, or ppl watching, great if you're traveling alone and don't want to sit in the room.

Rooms were perfectly cleaned with a nice theme, classy and modern but not cold and uninviting like some modern hotels. Only downside was the music at night from the pool. Sounded like a great party but not enjoyable to be up at 2am for those of us that had to work the next day.

Would love to go back for vacation so I can enjoy the pool party!

Awesome location across the street from the Fashion square mall and Waterfront shops. All the shopping and food you could ever want!

Also enjoy the "bliss" products in the bathrooms. They charge $25 if you by them in the spa, or you can just get them free in the room!

Top notch service.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Had a great 1 noght stay. Excellent pool, lounge. Got to go on a nice jog down the close by canal. Great shopping and eating within walking distance. Ryan drove me to my conference at the gainey suites. Ryan was great and made the ride enjoyable with good conversation. Ps- im in the gainey suites hotel right now. Not even close to as nice as the W. Staying at aloft in pheonix tom will let u know how it is

• Stayed: January 2011
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your quick trip with us - and to recognize Ryan! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Arizona! Hopefully you will be back again soon - maybe for longer next time! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Not at all impressed. Very strange room - strange color scheme, strange bed and strange that there was no carpeting. The bed is on a slab in the middle of the room - just barely off the tile floor. The room was all tile floors - cold and hard. I generally like Ws (at least the newer ones) but would give this one a miss - they've gone too far off the deep-end.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

We're very sorry to read of your disappointment with W Scottsdale! Based on your description, it sounds like you stayed in one of our Spa Suites. We hope you will give our property a second chance in the future as all our other room types are carpeted. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so that I can personally ensure your next visit is nothing short of a wow, in a room that is more to your liking! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale (alyssa.kiefer@whotels.com)

Reviewed January 26, 2011

Ryan Martin who is employed at the W went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. He is a great assets to the team and because of the way he took care of us we will be back again soon.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This was by far the best W I have stayed at: not too big, very friendly and attentive staff, close to lots of good restaurants and an excellent running trail along the canal. There is a spacious rooftop pool deck that transforms into a hopping lounge after dark.....we were shown around by GIna, the head of VIP services, who was very knowledgeable and witty. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her massage at the spa, as well. The in-house restaurant is an excellent sushi restaurant. Looking forward to returning.....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

And we will look forward to having you back! So glad to hear you enjoyed all that our property has to offer! We have passed your compliments on to Gina - she really is the best! Come see us the next time a winter break is calling your name! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised during my recent stay in Scottsdale to find the W Scottsdale so charming. Sometimes Ws can be a little over the top. I was very impressed with the staff. Everyone was friendly; beginning with the valet, to the front desk, to anyone I met who worked for the hotel on the elevators, even to the "Lost and Found" staff who called me back to say that they found my coat. I guess I could say, the W Scottsdale is beautiful from the inside out. Kudos to Starwood and to the W Scottsdale staff. I will most certainly come back and recommend your hotel to my friends.
A Frequent Traveler from South Florida