1,023 results
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitezen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool partypool deckbachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsliving roomfashion square mall
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Was having a difficult time online booking for Halloween weekend. Called the hotel directly and Krystle was able to help me. She is a great example of why I enjoy staying here. Customer service is the best. Krystle went above and beyond to help me with my booking. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karloklahoma
Lauren S, Public Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to hear that Krystle was able to assist with your booking. Please let us know if we can be of assistance before you arrive for Halloween weekend! We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to W Scottsdale.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

What a fantastic stay! Had the most amazing stay here this past weekend. Stayed in the Cool Suite. Well worth it!! Thank you to the following people for making my stay so great! Krystle & Jordyn at the Front Desk, Chris Pierce at the pool Bar, Jeff at the pool bar. Martin and Robert at Roku and Adissa from Housekeeping. Thank you all for making my stay so great!!! -Joe S

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

This review rocks. :) We are thrilled to hear that our Talent members were able to make your stay a memorable one -- and we look forward to sharing your comments with our team! Please come visit again soon! We’d love to have you back.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a conference at the W Scottsdale and during the week, great hotel and pool..the staff very friendly and are very attentive....one word of advice, over the weekend Friday and Saturday, it is one of the hot spots in Scottsdale...the pool is packed and in the evening the music is loud which makes it tough to sleep as the party pays to 2am..of course I found complimentary ear plugs as I was checking out...if not bring your own...besides that, great location, close to activities...good great in Sushi restaurant

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time at W Scottsdale and we look forward to sharing your compliments with our talent. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel is known for its vibrant nightlife – something we strive to communicate to guests prior to arrival. If you choose to stay with us again (and we hope you do!), we recommend requesting a guestroom that faces west, towards Camelback Mountain. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

From the time we arrived at the W we were treated like friends who they were glad to see. Juliana at the front desk was so nice and had great recommendations @ the hotel and places nearby. The sushi restaurant is excellent and so convenient. Our room was gorgeous and quiet and peaceful. We use the valet park and our car was always ready when we got downstairs. A nice cold bottle of water was always offered for the still hot days in the Valley of the Sun. We will be back and look forward to a wonderful visit at the W

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

So where to begin….I'd really like to leave a positive review here as I am generally a positive person who tries to see the best in every situation…sadly, this is something I was unable to do during my stay at the W Scottsdale. My girlfriends and I had travelled from Canada to Scottsdale to enjoy our time off work, which we did for the most part, unfortunately the staff at W Scottsdale didn't make this easy for us. My ordeal began when on our second night of the 4 night stay. I noticed upon returning to my room that my suitcase had been moved. I queried my friend who was staying in the same room, but as I suspected, she told me she hadn't touched it. As we had been together all day I took this to be the truth. Upon examining my suitcase further, I noticed that the lock had been removed. To my horror and disgust I noticed that not only my handbag had been opened, but also my wallet within the handbag. My heart sank as I came to realize that I had been robbed of US $1200 and CAD $400. At this point I would like to be up front and say that the hotel had provided a safe, but I genuinely didn't think it would be necessary to store my cash in there as my suitcase had been locked when I left the room. Add to this that the room was locked and the only people that had a key were my friend and I, I thought all was safe.

After querying each of my girlfriends who were as shocked as I was, I spoke with senior security staff who reviewed the access logs for our room only to tell me that the only person that accessed the room in our absence that day was a member of the cleaning staff. I knew which member of staff this was as they had attempted to clean the room while I was getting ready but we asked them to come back later. Having seen her in the corridor the next day, I took the opportunity to verify my theory and asked her (in a very polite manner) whether she had cleaned my room on that day. She told me she had, which prompted me to ask why she had moved my suitcase, to which she replied it was in the way (it clearly wasn't in the way of anything)…Feeling cheated and frustrated, and 99.9% convinced that she had taken my money I confronted her (again, without raising my voice). As expected, she denied going into my locked suitcase (which she had admitted to moving) and rummaging through my personal artefacts before stealing my money.

Clearly, I had ruffled her feathers and as a result she called said she was going to call security; something I whole heartedly encouraged. At this point I'd like to point out that someone from security did visit us and was quick to tell us that something of this nature happens on a 'weekly basis'. The next thing I know, I have the most obnoxious, arrogant chore of a man knocking on my room door who didn't even take the time to introduce himself and tell me what his role was before launching into what can only be described as a stern telling off my father wouldn't give me. I later came to deduce this man was Matt the Hotel Manager. So there I was, robbed of my money, thousands of miles from home, now being spoken down to by the Hotel Manager of the establishment I was to spend the next couple of nights in….by this point any hope I had for the hotel expressing a duty of care in a city where I knew nobody (other than my travel companions) had long gone. Matt continued to talk down to me even when I was answering his questions. There was absolutely no attempt on his part to understand my side of the story. I was shell shocked by this man who was shouting over and over again at me in front of my friend "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!"…he was referring to his overly explicit instruction that I was to never approach his staff directly again. I can understand he has to look out for his staff but what about me? A paying guest who had been robbed blind and had a very strong suspicion of who it was…He even went as far as threatening my friends and I in that if we were to speak to his staff directly again he'd be asking us to leave. Clearly customer satisfaction and care was NOT a priority at all for him.

We laid low and tried to enjoy the rest of our stay but as I'm sure you can imagine, this was rather difficult. Since returning home, I have made numerous attempts to contact the Director of Operations, who eventually returned my call only to tell me 'he'd look into it'…I've heard nothing since.

It's abundantly clear I'll never get my money back, and as frustrating as that is, I've made my peace with it. Yes, there was a safe in the room, but I honestly didn't expect anyone to enter the room, unlock my suitcase and take the money. The bigger issue for me, and the reason I'm posting this review, is the fact that the manner in which the hotel dealt with the situation is completely unacceptable. I paid to stay there and they made me feel unsafe, unwelcome and fearful that I may be asked to leave. The fact that the senior security staff said that complaints of this ilk are a weekly occurrence is even more disturbing. What I found to be the most upsetting was the emotionally abusive manner in which the Hotel Manager approached me and the situation in general. If you're thinking of staying here please re-consider for your own peace of mind.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
5  Thank dkang05
Lauren S, Public Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please know that we take this situation very seriously, as these claims in no way reflect our hotel environment – nor is this something we have seen happen in the past. Furthermore, the safety and security of not only guests but also our talent members is our highest priority. Our security team has taken every possible step in investigating this situation. Please contact Wil Lee at wil.lee@whotels.com should you wish to discuss this further. Again, we are truly sorry that your stay did not go as planned.