1,023 results
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitezen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool partypool deckbachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsliving roomfashion square mall
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

From the time we arrived at the W we were treated like friends who they were glad to see. Juliana at the front desk was so nice and had great recommendations @ the hotel and places nearby. The sushi restaurant is excellent and so convenient. Our room was gorgeous and quiet and peaceful. We use the valet park and our car was always ready when we got downstairs. A nice cold bottle of water was always offered for the still hot days in the Valley of the Sun. We will be back and look forward to a wonderful visit at the W

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

So where to begin….I'd really like to leave a positive review here as I am generally a positive person who tries to see the best in every situation…sadly, this is something I was unable to do during my stay at the W Scottsdale. My girlfriends and I had travelled from Canada to Scottsdale to enjoy our time off work, which we did for the most part, unfortunately the staff at W Scottsdale didn't make this easy for us. My ordeal began when on our second night of the 4 night stay. I noticed upon returning to my room that my suitcase had been moved. I queried my friend who was staying in the same room, but as I suspected, she told me she hadn't touched it. As we had been together all day I took this to be the truth. Upon examining my suitcase further, I noticed that the lock had been removed. To my horror and disgust I noticed that not only my handbag had been opened, but also my wallet within the handbag. My heart sank as I came to realize that I had been robbed of US $1200 and CAD $400. At this point I would like to be up front and say that the hotel had provided a safe, but I genuinely didn't think it would be necessary to store my cash in there as my suitcase had been locked when I left the room. Add to this that the room was locked and the only people that had a key were my friend and I, I thought all was safe.

After querying each of my girlfriends who were as shocked as I was, I spoke with senior security staff who reviewed the access logs for our room only to tell me that the only person that accessed the room in our absence that day was a member of the cleaning staff. I knew which member of staff this was as they had attempted to clean the room while I was getting ready but we asked them to come back later. Having seen her in the corridor the next day, I took the opportunity to verify my theory and asked her (in a very polite manner) whether she had cleaned my room on that day. She told me she had, which prompted me to ask why she had moved my suitcase, to which she replied it was in the way (it clearly wasn't in the way of anything)…Feeling cheated and frustrated, and 99.9% convinced that she had taken my money I confronted her (again, without raising my voice). As expected, she denied going into my locked suitcase (which she had admitted to moving) and rummaging through my personal artefacts before stealing my money.

Clearly, I had ruffled her feathers and as a result she called said she was going to call security; something I whole heartedly encouraged. At this point I'd like to point out that someone from security did visit us and was quick to tell us that something of this nature happens on a 'weekly basis'. The next thing I know, I have the most obnoxious, arrogant chore of a man knocking on my room door who didn't even take the time to introduce himself and tell me what his role was before launching into what can only be described as a stern telling off my father wouldn't give me. I later came to deduce this man was Matt the Hotel Manager. So there I was, robbed of my money, thousands of miles from home, now being spoken down to by the Hotel Manager of the establishment I was to spend the next couple of nights in….by this point any hope I had for the hotel expressing a duty of care in a city where I knew nobody (other than my travel companions) had long gone. Matt continued to talk down to me even when I was answering his questions. There was absolutely no attempt on his part to understand my side of the story. I was shell shocked by this man who was shouting over and over again at me in front of my friend "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!"…he was referring to his overly explicit instruction that I was to never approach his staff directly again. I can understand he has to look out for his staff but what about me? A paying guest who had been robbed blind and had a very strong suspicion of who it was…He even went as far as threatening my friends and I in that if we were to speak to his staff directly again he'd be asking us to leave. Clearly customer satisfaction and care was NOT a priority at all for him.

We laid low and tried to enjoy the rest of our stay but as I'm sure you can imagine, this was rather difficult. Since returning home, I have made numerous attempts to contact the Director of Operations, who eventually returned my call only to tell me 'he'd look into it'…I've heard nothing since.

It's abundantly clear I'll never get my money back, and as frustrating as that is, I've made my peace with it. Yes, there was a safe in the room, but I honestly didn't expect anyone to enter the room, unlock my suitcase and take the money. The bigger issue for me, and the reason I'm posting this review, is the fact that the manner in which the hotel dealt with the situation is completely unacceptable. I paid to stay there and they made me feel unsafe, unwelcome and fearful that I may be asked to leave. The fact that the senior security staff said that complaints of this ilk are a weekly occurrence is even more disturbing. What I found to be the most upsetting was the emotionally abusive manner in which the Hotel Manager approached me and the situation in general. If you're thinking of staying here please re-consider for your own peace of mind.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
5  Thank dkang05
Lauren S, Public Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please know that we take this situation very seriously, as these claims in no way reflect our hotel environment – nor is this something we have seen happen in the past. Furthermore, the safety and security of not only guests but also our talent members is our highest priority. Our security team has taken every possible step in investigating this situation. Please contact Wil Lee at wil.lee@whotels.com should you wish to discuss this further. Again, we are truly sorry that your stay did not go as planned.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

The best parts of this property is the staff and the location. Both are excellent. But it ends there. There is no place in the hotel for your typical sundries, snacks, coffee or tea. The rooms are small and the bathroom is ridiculous with very little privacy., it is only separated from the bedroom by a thin sliding door which does not close completely. You can hear everything, and I do mean everything, going on in the bathroom if you are in the bedroom. No sitting area and very little counter space. The hotel is very noisy. Doors can be heard closing all night long which is quite disruptive to sleeping. Very young and often obnoxiously drunk clientele. Back to the Kierland for me, would not stay again.

Stayed: September 2017
Management response:Responded September 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear that you found our Talent and our location to be excellent. However, we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the layout of your room. Should you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact our GM directly at GM.WScottsdale@whotels.com. We take complaints seriously and hope to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Myself and a girlfriend went to Scottsdale for a weekend getaway.
We were having a really nice night walking around until we ran into a humiliating experience at the W hotel. We had forgotten our credit card inside one of the bars and the door man would not let us go inside to get the card. He was out right raciest and spoke to us in a demining tone. We have never experienced such treatment in any other hotel as we did at the W in Scottsdale. We wrote to the W hotel with our concerns and they simply said that they will take care of the issue. When asked what was done about it, they responded by saying they have handled it. To me this is a poor response to something so concerning. It’s disappointing to see how such an establishment will take such matters so lightly. We will not recommend this hotel. We stayed at the Hotel Valley Ho and now we are so glad we did because every staff member was so welcoming and provided such good care to their guests.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded September 22, 2017

We are incredibly disappointed to learn of your recent experience – as this in no way reflects our commitment to guest service. Furthermore, we sincerely regret that this situation made you feel humiliated. We understand you have been in contact with Nick Accardo. Can you please contact him directly at 480 970 2119 to discuss this further? We hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate our true service standards on a future visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I booked at this hotel after having to redirect my vacation plans from Florida to Arizona due to Hurricane Irma. I enjoyed my time there, especially at the nice pool, plus Jordan, Crystal, and Morgan made me feel like a VIP! Always going above and beyond, they were the best front desk associates I've ever encountered!!! Many thanks to them for such a great stay! :)

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends