1,023 results
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitezen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool partypool deckbachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsliving roomfashion square mall
Reviewed August 15, 2017

My buddies and I had planned a guys weekend to Scottsdale in August. Prior to our arrival, I received an email from Rachael, the Lead Insider & Guest Experience Manager, asking if we needed help planning our event. Luckily, I sent Rachael our itinerary and she made some suggestions that were absolutely perfect for our group! We had dinner at the hottest restaurants, she set us up with bottle service at a great night club, arranged appointments for us at the Drip Room on Saturday morning and the icing on the cake was the gift basket she sent up to our suite. Because of Rachael, we'll be heading back to Scottsdale next year for our annual guys retreat. Rachael, if you get this, THANK YOU so very much. You're the best!!! -Steve

Room Tip: I personally enjoy the suites. We had a view overlooking Old Town and loved it!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

I booked a very nice suite for our anniversary to surprise my wife. From the first minute it was horrible. Valet was rude and condescending to my wife. We weathered on thought it was isolated. We checked in and were informed the DJ would be playing until 3am at pool. Pool is on 2nd floor and so was our suite. We inquires if we could get a comparable room away as it was our anniversary and that seemed like it would be a more than we wanted to hear. They said the only suite we could move to would be an additional $600 over and above the $400 we were spending on our suite. $1000.00 for a suite a night in august in Phoenix seemed a little much so we decided to keep our room. When we arrived in our room ( at 4:30 pm) it seemed like the nightclub was in our room. The room was dirty and the purple couch had a 7 inch tear in the fabric and the room was filthy. We walked on the balcony and there were cigarette butts everywhere. Disgusting. The one good thing they did was allow us to leave and not charge us. We went to the four seasons instead. Our suite was $300 and perfect. The staff amazing. We will never go back to that W and although I am a Starwood's regular I will avoid W's altogether if that is their modus operidi. I think Starwood's is even based in the area. I guess I am too old to get a "W".

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I’m very sorry to hear that your anniversary stay did not go as planned. We strive to exceed expectations 24/7 and take guest complaints seriously. We wish the issues you experienced could have been avoided all together and will do whatever we can to make it up to you. Please contact the hotel directly at GM.WScottsdale@whotels.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and we were not disappointed! The staff was welcoming and helpful. We stayed mostly by the pool. The patio hostess was very friendly and always asked us if we were still doing okay! ( I didn't get her name, but she was great!) We had a great experience here!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. It’s great to hear that you and your husband had another great stay at W Scottsdale. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Great experience from start to finish. We were greeted by our W insider Rachael who showed us the property and introduced us to the people we would encounter during our stay. She was top notch and very informative. She made sure we had our stay laid out with where to go and places to eat. The room was a great size and had all the amenities we needed. We are very happy with the outcome!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2017

This hotel is beautiful, very trendy and modern. The front desk staff were very pleasant, particularly two ladies that work the 3-11pm shift.

I wish I could give it a higher rating overall but there were a couple things my party had some issues with.

Firstly, when we arrived we were told the hotel does not allowed outside alcohol. While I understand this is their right, this information was not given prior to booking. This would definitely deter me from booking there in the future, either that or one would be wise to hide their alcohol in their bags. I found it quite surprising this was a rule they implemented. A few members of my party actually had their alcohol confiscated and they were able to retrieve it at check out. I took it upon myself to look up the alcohol policy online and no where does it say outside alcohol is not permitted on site.

The other issue we had was that we did not get our room cleaned until after the second night we were there. We had to ask multiple times for hosekeeping to come and thenfinally after the third request what I think was the manager came to our room and cleaned it up for us. At that point we were all back in the room after being out for the day. We asked for clean towels and that she remove the garbae.....she removed half a larget garbage bag full which we had collected ourselves under the sink/

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review W Scottsdale. We’re sorry to hear that your recent stay did not exceed your expectations. Although we do not allow outside alcohol into the hotel, we are more than happy to hang onto bottles for guests and return them at check out – which is something we strive to communicate to our guests in our pre-arrival emails. Please know that we take complaints seriously and value your feedback, and your housekeeping concerns have been addressed with our Style team. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact GM.WScottsdale@whotels.com. We hope to make it up to you on a future stay. Thank you again.