“W very IN hotel”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The W Scottsdale is very chic and in with the in crowd. Arrived Saturday afternoon and the pool was thumping with a heck of packed party. Great looking people eveywhere all having a great time!!! This seemed to be the theme for all 4 nights there. The pool does slow down during the week but that is ok also. It seemed on the weekends to be a spring break for adults who could afford it. Rooms very contemporary with a small closet for clothes that need to be hung up. All in all a really fun place with excellent employees and a small workout room. The comp champagne in the room wasn't all bad either.

1  Thank konaman13

Reviewed October 4, 2009

I have nothing but good things to say about the W Scottsdale! I recently stayed there for a romantic getaway and was very impressed by the facility and by the staff. In particular, the charming front desk attendents Heidi and Bridgette, who went out of their way to make sure our visit was special! They are gorgeous twins, very memorable from their charm and were very personable, finding out the reason for our visit so they could better accomodate us!....They sent us strawberries and champagne with a personalized note for a special complimentary surprise! The hotel was very clean, very trendy and was close to all popular restaurants and bars....the cons were minimal; expensive parking, small roomsand loud music day and night ....To me, the staff outwayed any negative impact the actual hotel may have presented. I would definatley recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I frequently stay at W Hotels across the country (was even a W the Card holder before it was discontinued) and am a Starwood Platinum member. This W (along with the W in Westwood, Mandalay Bay in Vegas and the Westin in Honolulu) is among my favorites.

This is my second stay and it exceeded my expectations. The pool is fabulous (and I hear it's even better on Friday nights). Fantastic place to spend the day. The downstairs bar is very trendy. Very relaxed vibe when it's quiet, but fun and energetic once the music starts.

The room I had during my last visit was amazing. It was on the second floor. You could walk right out to the pool. I feel I'm spoiled. I'm always going to want that room.

The entire staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. I encountered the same people at the desk during both visits (I remembered them right away because they are twins). Brigitte and Heidi were friendly, remembered me from my first visit, helped me with finding good places to eat and good bars in the area, and were just all around polite. Remembering me - even though my previous visit was over 6 months earlier - really made a difference for me. Even though the hotel wasn't even a year old at the time, that hospitality from Brigitte and Heidi made me feel as if I had been visiting for years. I previously stayed at the Westin Kierland Resort during my visits, and no one would ever have remembered my name there.

I will be visiting the hotel again soon. As a person who has a family, I can say that traveling is very difficult. So I thank the staff and management for making my stay a very pleasurable one.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I travel for business quite often so I know a good hotel when I see one; however, to call the W Scottsdale a "good hotel" would be a gross understatement - - the hotel, the amenities and, most importantly, the staff are phenomenal.

I've had the opportunity to stay at the W Scottsdale on business several times this year. Based on my experience, a group of friends and I went to Scottsdale to celebrate my 30th birthday this month and we chose to stay at the W. I can truly say that from the moment we arrived, everyone was blown away by all the hotel had to offer. As someone who travels a lot and is both Platinum with Starwood and Diamond with Hilton, I can tell you that this property operates at the highest level and truly sets the standard that all hotels should strive to achieve.

Before our trip, I contacted Garrett Sloat, a concierge with the hotel, who I had previously met to help us with making our arrangements. Garrett went above and beyond to make sure everything we wanted was set up prior to our arrival so all we had to worry about was enjoying our weekend. Garrett made sure we had fantastic rooms, transportation, dinner reservations, and a great poolside cabana. I didn't run into Garrett while I was in Arizona, but I look forward to the next time I am in town so I can personally thank him for getting our weekend started on a great note.

The hotel itself is beautiful. The lobby is spacious and the decor is modern, but very inviting - - the bar is a perfect place to enjoy cocktails with friends and Sushi Roku is fantastic. All three of our rooms were amazing - - I had the "Cool Corner Suite" and it was well worth it. Even with awesome, comfortable rooms, we certainly didn't spend too much time in there.

Coming from Chicago where we don't see the sun too often, we spent a lot of our time at the pool. The scene at the pool is exactly what we were looking for - - it's a really fun, lively environment with a great crowd, but at the same time it's not too much (it's not Rehab at Hard Rock). The entire staff at the pool saw to it that we had everything we needed while we were there - - we had a cabana on Saturday but the staff was every bit as friendly and accommodating on the days we didn't. I believe that exceptional service should not go unnoticed and these people deserve to be recognized: Billy (concierge); Sara (blonde concierge); Teresa (poolside server); Halley (poolside server); Shaun (poolside assistant); and Erlene (poolside assistant). Although her name is escaping me, our cabana server was a petite blonde from IL who also deserves credit for helping us have a great time.

The bottom line is that the W Scottsdale is doing things the way they should be done. The hotel, the staff, and the overall experience couldn't have been better. If you're looking for a cool atmosphere and want to have a blast, I would highly recommend the W Scottsdale - - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Our stay the W was the BEST!!!!! The room was great, the spa was haeven, food was delis, and the ovaroll service was outstanding...

Reviewed September 28, 2009

From the valets and bellhops, to the wait staff and concierge, every single individual made you feel like you were the only guest in the hotel. If you have high expectations and even higher standards, this is the hotel for you. The concierge desk literally fulfilled every request I had (no matter how out of the ordinary) and even managed to add some flare that I never would have thought of. If you need special arrangements, or are celebrating an occasion (I was getting engaged,) Alyssa, the most amazing concierge you could imagine, is the one to ask for. The bar has been set for every luxury and boutique hotel out there. It doesn't get any better than the W Scottsdale!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2009

I recently returned from a stay at the W, for a weekend bachelor party trip. I can honestly say that from the moment we stepped foot inside the lobby, we were taken care of by the staff to the utmost degree. Alyssa helped arrange many of the details we needed taken care of for our weekend; transportation, reservations for dinner at Sushi Roku, places to go, etc. She was genuinely concerned with our group having a great time, and she succeeded in making sure that everything was covered. In addition, the entire staff was very accomodating and friendly; they made the weekend feel like we were hanging out with a big group of friends. Neesa and Halley were terrific in particular in taking care of us on Saturday when we had a cabana reserved by the pool. I would whole-heartedly recommend staying here to anyone looking for a fun, friendly experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends