“Exceeded our Expectation”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Check in was easy...Karen at the front desk was extremely friendly and VERY helpful! Her smile is beautiful and her commitment to excellet service was refreshing. The lobby bar was...HOT! Fun crowd of people. I have to mention Patrick who was our server for dinner... he was amazing. The bar and resturant was casual/ elegant and unpretentious. We had cocktails there every night.

The room has a modern design with fabulous bathroom amenities...and what is there not to love about "BLISS PRODUCTS". Yes, for you spa girls out there the Bliss Spa is inside of the "W". I had to make a trip to the spa to purchase a few of my own products to take home.

For the insider scoop on what's happening in Scottsdale that would be BB...know as Brittney Bennett!!! Whether your're looking to hit the links, secure front-row seats, or have Brittney create a private wine tasting for you. She is your go to girl ;-)

I highly recommend the W Hotel when your thinking of a trip to Scottsdale!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2009

So 99% of my experience at the W Scottsdale was great. I'll get to the 1% last. I had stayed there before once and it was great! But my second visit is when everything great happened. I had friends in town and wanted a great room from which I could entertain multiple guests. Sarah upgraded me to a suite the first night and to a Jacuzzi suite the second night at a great rate! Got me a cabana at the pool and said to have a blast. There was even a welcoming gift of six Coronas awaiting me in the room! I had not anticipated spending over $500 at the pool that day but Sarah made the stay seem worth every penny and it was an absolute blast! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! And I'm actually going back to stay next weekend!

The one negative aspect was that my waitress, who I will not name, asked me if I wanted the gratuity included in my $500+ bar tab at the end of the day. I said no, I'll tip you myself, I can do the math. I asked her, "Why? Do you automatically include it with groups of more than five or something?" She said (and I quote) "No, I just want to make sure I get at least a 20% tip." I couldn't believe my ears. I bartended my way through college. So speaking as someone who was in the service industry, talking about a tip is not okay. I'm not sure if she just recently got burned by someone not tipping, but that's not okay to discuss. I tipped her 20% but have regret it ever since.

Despite that, it was a phenomenal stay and a great experience, thanks to Sarah!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My sisters and I celebrated my graduation at the W. Heidi and Bridgitte at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating. They even remembered us from a previous stay! We had a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I just returned from Scottsdale for a Labor Day weekend getaway with friends. Here's my feedback...

The hotel is gorgeous... it doesn't have great views or scenery surrounding it but it's still in a convenient location. The layout is fabulous and it's definitely the nicest W I've ever stayed in.

What I really need to mention is the staff... I am a frequent travel and Starwood Gold Member. The staff at this hotel is the best I have ever seen. I arrived on Friday afternoon and my friends weren't arriving until the evening. I was curious about a suite upgrade so Caico at the front desk kindly showed me my options. She also helped with getting me set up at the pool, recommeding restaurants ,etc. She is by far the nicest, most helpful front desk worker I have had. And she was soooo patient with me. Caico genuinely just wanted my friends and I to enjoy our stay in Scottsdale. At first I thought she was being extra nice, since I am a Gold member and fiesty New Yorker, but then I saw her interact with everyone else. She was amazing with everyone. So, remember that name when you check in. Caico! Caico! Caico!

Although I had the most interaction with Caico, I need to recognize some other staff members who made my trip special... Sarah, the concierge, gave us a goody bag for our road trip to beautiful Sedona, Brittany did the research, Alyssa left us a basket, and lisa made sure we got our pitchers of mojitos timely!

This was a great trip and I really owe it to the wonderful staff at the W Scottsdale!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I frequent the W in Scottsdale often. Heidi and Brigette are always such a delight when we are there. They are friendly, outgoing, and always have a smile on their face. I will definitely be back to your establishment, just to see these 2 great girls. Their superb customer service does not go unnoticed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I spent labor day at the W with some friends and even though it rained it didn't matter that much cause they did so much to make up for it. They had a candy selection at the front desk and had some amazing music the whole weekend. I do need to warn people that it was loud on saturday night, but I didn't care cause people were just having fun even at 3 am. The staff was amazing, sopaul the concierge helped me with places to chill at night which the hotel in a prefect spot since there is about 10 within a half mile radius. The rooms are smaller then normal but the decor is wicked.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The hotel was magnificent! I had a great time. Everything about the hotel was spectacular - the room. the pool, the service, everything. Billy Keyes was also very helpful and friendly. I will definitely come back to the W.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo