W Scottsdale
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)
View Hotel
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitebliss productszen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool scenepool partybachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsfashion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had never stayed at a "W" before and my only exposure was a short tour on the top of the Foshey Tower in Mpls MN. We arrived at 9am with meetings starting at 12 noon that day and my room was already ready, something I did not expect, but was very happy to take since I have been up since 4AM MN time. Sharon checked me in and was smiling and so nice and even taught me how to say "Hi" in Korean upon my request (a hobby to know how to say hi in as many languages as I can) The atmosphere at the property was relaxing yet professional with every amenity at it's finest. The food was excellent at every meal we had from lunch to dinner on the pool deck. The one thing I liked the most was the live person calling you for the wake up call. I would say this is the place to have a business conference if you want the best of the best!

Room Tip: Overlook the pool if you can
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great experience at one of my favorate hotels. Blocks away from the exciting scottdale restaurants and clubs, this hotel is great. Upscale lobby bar and pool, adjacent to a wonderful Sushi bar and service beyond expectations. What's my favorite line when I dial "0"? "whatever, whenever...May I help you?"

Room Tip: be sure to check availability for upgrades if you are a SPG member and ask for a room with a deck.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello Herman,

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to be your favorite hotel in Scottsdale. We are in a very lively part area being close to the best nightlife in the city. Whatever/Whenever is always glad to help you with any requests you may have. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 2nd W Hotel during our visit.
As soon as you leave the SkyHarbor, you can begin to notice all the cactuses and Native-Amerian motives found in every single Intersection, Highways' Entrances and Overpasses. But only until you open the SUVs door, can you feel that dry, scorching 40+ C heat.
Fortunately, you are entering into a fresh, spacious and relaxingly atmosphered Lobby area: Fully equipped with air conditioning, humidity controls, and a soothing and relaxing selection of: New Age and Lounge Music.
And to your right, a Top-notched Japanese Restaurant. The food was delicious.
It is so nice to see how the following W Hotel, differs from the previous one, yet still the all share a common image.
To get to your room, you have to cross a long corridor, full of Artwork, a Mini Spa and colorful Sculptures, where an elevator takes you to your floor, you get to your room, and Voila! Another tastefully decorated room.
Also painted in white, are all the rooms' walls. So relaxing.
I was surprised when I was told that the Swimming Pool Area, was a Trendy Hot Spot. There were so many beautiful girls there...
There is also another great plus when you stay at a W Hotel:
You may arrange to take a tour around town, in their own Acura MDX.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi Mauricio,

Thank you for the kind words. I am so glad that you were able to experience so much of our hotel throughout your stay. The décor features a lot of Asian influences and is relaxing and fresh. Our WET deck is a popular spot for both locals and guests alike. It is a more relaxing atmosphere during the week, but on the weekend has a party vibe. The Acura service makes it easy for guests to get around and see Scottsdale. We recommend reserving it in advance as it is very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is outstanding. It's trendy and upscale but very relaxing at the same time. I stay in alot of hotels, and this one gets an A++ for the bathroom amenities they offer. It's not just shampoo and conditioner. It's face wash, toothbrush, loofah, scale, razor, and the list goes on! The bartender at the pool bar was genuinely nice and personable, the front office staff were great and the hostess in the restaurant who got my free morning coffee greeted me with a huge smile both mornings. The room was so dark and quiet that we slept in till 930am one morning - so needed that! We walked to Fashion Square Mall for shopping and PF Chang's for dinner. I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My name is Denison Dawson, and I was a guest this weekend at The W Hotel on Saturday, July 6th. I'm writing to thank Rachael Bienz for her excellent customer service she provided to our group during our time poolside. We had a cabana and Rachael constantly checked in with us to make sure everything was great. I also forgot my sun tan lotion and I asked if the Hotel had any poolside. She was able to find me some which was greatly appreciated! Rachael really went above and beyond in the area of customer service! By doing this it really added to, and enhanced the experience for me! The W Hotel is very fortunate to have an employee like Rachael! Rachael represents the brand exceptionally well, and really made a difference! Thank you Rachael for everything you really made a positive impact! Keep up all the great work!!

Denison Dawson

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay, Denison. Rachel is one of our very best talent members here. She consistently goes above and beyond for our guests. I’m glad to see your experience was no different. It really sounds like you had a wonderful time with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to Rachel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,