W Scottsdale
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
$197
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
$104
$99
  • Pool
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$53
$159
Hyatt.com
$207
$197
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$169
$97
Agoda.com
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
$239
$261
$254
  • Restaurant
1,001 results
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitebliss productszen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool scenepool partybachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsfashion square
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had such a good experience in San Francisco W hotel, we were very excited to stay at Scottsdale W Hotel! Well, the experience couldn’t be more different. Scottsdale W Hotel was girls gone wild! We could not go to the pool at all, because there was a college kids and wildness. The staff gave suggestions to restaurants and places to visit, all were horrible. We learned quickly that the staff wasn’t knowledgeable; they were too young and uncultured. Our room was incredible small, and did not have the Zen feel that SF did… We were disappointed.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi Dannell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you did not have the experience you were expecting. All W Hotel’s encompass the vibe of the city they are in. Each is a little different, providing a unique experience for each city you visit. Being located in Old Town Scottsdale does put us in middle of the best attractions in the area. If there is ever anything we can do for you during your stay please call down to Whatever/Whenever and we will be happy to assist you. I hope to see you on your next visit to Scottsdale.

Alexandra W. - Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided we needed to get away from cold weather where we live so we decided to visit AZ. This was our first time visiting Scottsdale. This hotel was exactly what we needed. It was clean, modern, and the staff was very friendly. We were a bit taken aback by the Friday & Saturday night DJ party at the pool but it didn't bother us as we are both music lovers and enjoyed the music, even from our room. The pool was quiet and relaxing during the weekdays and a lively party on the weekends. The staff was welcoming & accommodating. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool on the weekends can be a bit loud as they have a DJ party on the pool deck. Just and FYI in case you like to go to sleep before 2 AM...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Hello,

You picked the right place to warm up and unwind! Our Talent is committed to creating the best stay for each guest and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything from the décor to the service. I appreciate your compliments and will be sure to share them with the Talent.

We do have a very lively pool, especially on the weekends. The DJ’s create the perfect amount of energy for any music lover. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay!

Best,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent our wedding night there in one of the rooms overlooking the pool. The rooms were great and of a nice size, the beds very comfortable and the view perfect. Since it is a hotel with apparently the most vibrant club in Scottsdale, the level of noise was above the limit, but it did not bother us.
Upon check in a bottle of champagne and a bowl of strawberries were waiting for us in the room, along with a card from the GM. Very nice touch!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Congratulations! We are so grateful to have had you for such a special day! It was our pleasure to make your night a memorable one. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a place right in the middle of the action, stay at this hotel! The location can't be beat; a few blocks from Fashion Square Mall, Waterfront area (if looking for a blow out, Primp and Blow is awesome!) and lots of bars and restaurants.

The pool is quite a scene on the weekends. We are in our mid thirties and didn't feel like we were surrounded by 20 somethings (all ages were at the pool, but I would not have my children there). Several famous football and basketball players were there the weekend we were (Larry Fitzgerald was hosting a charity event in the area). That doesn't really matter, but it was cool. The drinks and food (cobb salad and sushi!) at the pool were great and the waitresses were pretty good. It did get a little slow on Saturday when the pool was packed but no big deal.

The room itself was a little small but totally functional. Great shower and comfortable bed. Our room led out to a courtyard that had direct access to the pool. That was nice as we spent most of our time there.

Staff was great. Awesome concierge that nabbed us a great reservation at the last minute on a Friday night.

Cute little boutique in the lobby.

*helpful tip* If you are a guest of the hotel you can go around to the back entrance of the pool and NOT wait in the long line (in the lobby) for the nightclub in the evening. Just use your room key and go to the second floor, hang a left and go outside and follow the path to the gate.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank PATravelGirl_9
Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hello,

I have to agree with you that this is a fun hotel right in the middle of all the action! Old Town has so much to offer in terms of nightlife, dining and shopping so I’m glad you had a chance to take advantage of it all.

WET is a very popular place in the area for soaking up some sun, enjoying great music and grabbing a few cocktails. I am glad to hear that our Talent was so attentive while you lounged. They are all very dedicated to providing the best service.

Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to the Talent here. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

All the best,
Alexa

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a fun and fabulous experience recently at the W Scottsdale! Luckily, I was upgraded to a spacious corner suite with a king size bed and an open layout. The room had a living room area, a big desk and a computer as well. I was so impressed with the beautiful, modern bathroom and walk-in shower with natural light - if only I could put it in my suitcase and take it home with me. Also, the hotel features some wonderful products directly from the Bliss spa downstairs in the lobby. (I had the opportunity to enjoy the spa -- it's small, but they offer a lot of great treatments). Location is great - it's an easy walk to downtown with all the shops and restaurants. The pool was really nice, but on the weekends it does have a "Vegas" vibe with really loud music and a lot of 20-somethings in bikinis and lot of drinking. It's party central. That's perfect if you are looking for a good time, but if you are seeking a quiet place to read a book, forget it! It's a see an be seen kind of place. Really, the only downside was that internet was not free in the rooms -- And it was expensive.
Also, don't miss Sushi Roku - a fabulous sushi restaurant in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room! Some rooms have balconies, too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to upgrade you. Bliss Spa is a fantastic way to really unwind. It’s an added plus that we supply their products in our rooms too. The lemon sage scent is so refreshing. Our Old Town location puts us in the center of all the best dining, shopping and bars in the area so I am glad to hear that you had a chance to explore.

WET is very lively with DJ’s spinning and a great crowd. We always recommend that guests who are looking for a quiet place to read arrive early to enjoy the sun before the DJ starts. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit.