“Wonderful Staff”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was just way too trendy and modern for me...I like color and character. The staff was wonderful but the policies they have to adhere to are impossible for me to appreciate as they are all about the $$$$...free WiFi in the bar but not in your room?? come on...and it is $10.95 a day..I have stayed at other Starwood Resorts and WiFi was free and they even had computers at not charge for guests..not at the W. Water was totally unreasonable as was parking..I parked on the street as $16.00 a day for parking in AZ no way..Would I go back..no.. plus there is every type of booze and fancy water in the room but no coffee!! Complimentary coffee in the lobby until 10:00 am..nope not for me..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank senorapeggyl
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I am sorry to see that your stay did not live up to your expectations. It is always our intention to provide amenities to our guests, and make sure that any pricing is available up front as well as on our website.

Our Wheels service offers a safe and convenient place for your transportation, as our location right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale can cause some difficulty in finding street parking. We also do have coffee makers available in room upon request.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband won a trip from work and the hotel we were supposed to stay was booked the weekend we were coming in. The W is where they put us. The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and very helpful.
The hotel is very dark inside and extremely modern (which is not somewhere I would want to stay). The room was not very big and the glass rooms for the toilet and shower were ok.
The concierge (Ryan) was one of the best we have ever used. His suggestions were spot on and he went above and beyond. He made reservations, suggestions and got the Acura to take us wherever we were going.
The pool was nice - very relaxing. We felt bad for the scantily clad waitress - she was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Why you would only have one waitress for the whole pool area is beyond me (I was waitress and would not have like that at all).
We celebrated our anniversary while we were there and thought we would have a drink in the bar before dinner. Way overpriced...
Again, this hotel was nice and the staff was amazing (valets were awesome) but we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pizzapal81
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am glad you found our Talent to be wonderful, those are the best sort of reviews we can receive!

I am sorry you did not find the modern design to be to your liking, we usually hear from guests that they love the design and style of both our public spaces and rooms.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Ryan, he is a great concierge! Happy Belated Anniversary!

I am sorry to see you would not return, I do hope you reconsider on your next visit to Scottsdale.

Thanks,

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at the W Scottsdale. As always this property beer disappoints. In this writer's humble opinion their service levels exceed those if other W properties I've stayed at. From the valets through check-in, no detail is left out. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. Additionally they provide their guests with Bliss toiletry products which are wonderful as well. Live everyone's attention to detail and service excellence!

• Stayed: November 2012

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! I am so glad to see you that you enjoyed our Whatever/Whenever service!

The Bliss in room amenities are a guest favorite! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'll start backwards our room was adorable, the bed was super comfy and I'm generally nit picking and hard to please when it comes to hotel beds. The staff at Sushi Roku were wonderful, friendly, prompt and fun, our food was delicious. The valet was quick and kind even though I'd lost my ticket. And I'm glad our experience was not ruined as I thought it would be from the beginning when we checked in the lady at the front desk Miss Morris i believe was her name was EXTREMELY Super rude, did not make eye contact, her tone was flippant and clipped like our presence had personally offended her and she ignored me when I asked her a simple question about checkout, twice. If not for the rest of our experience with The W being above par I would never come back having been greeted initially by such an angry woman.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank suzie c
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There was vomit in my room on the curtains and floor upon check in. The staff did not seem at all worried. My breakfast at their sushi roku restaurant consisted of a bagel & plate of fruit-which took 30mins! And the dining room only had 3 other patrons! Rental car was towed for a Halloween event taking up the street, without any notice. Imagine walking out to your rental car to find it missing! Not impressed with cleanliness or the initiative to right a problem. Very friendly staff on the upside.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank kdubinit16
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the W hotel in Scottsdale and we had a problem with our room. I guess the website where we got it from didn't call the W to confirm.Anyway,the hotel manager was very helpful and help us get our room. He even sent a note with an apology and champagne. Very nice of him. I will say, I don't think I would stay there with my kids. It's more for single or couple.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Babyniko04

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see that you experienced any inconveniences during your arrival, but that we were able to come to a resolution.

Although we do cater to a wide variety of guest, W Scottsdale is a very adult hotel, with a high energy experience.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

this is a classic W starwood hotel. with an overall great staff. However, the staff is becoming snobish and not attentive. Check in and check out was great but food and drink service was slow and not attentive as we watched the staff served 5 other guests before coming to us and we had been there first. She also never came to check on us while she sat chatting to regulars for over30 min. Also, there was o much noise on a Wed night near my room that it was difficult to sleep

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Faulkner8251

Greetings, and thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay in Scottsdale. I am sorry to see the experience you describe from our Talent. We pride ourselves on offering a Whatever/Whenever level of service that is second to none.

I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. I apologize for the noise as well, we are a very high energy hotel in the hub of the Scottsdale nightlife scene. In anticipation of your next visit we also have quiet rooms available.

I do hope you give us a second chance on your next visit, I know we won’t disappoint.