W Scottsdale
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)
View Hotel
All reviewssushi rokusushi restaurantbliss spaspa suitebliss productszen gardenw insidertrendy hotelpool scenepool partybachelor partylobby barentertainment districtsliding doorbars and restaurantshotel guestsfashion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There was vomit in my room on the curtains and floor upon check in. The staff did not seem at all worried. My breakfast at their sushi roku restaurant consisted of a bagel & plate of fruit-which took 30mins! And the dining room only had 3 other patrons! Rental car was towed for a Halloween event taking up the street, without any notice. Imagine walking out to your rental car to find it missing! Not impressed with cleanliness or the initiative to right a problem. Very friendly staff on the upside.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank kdubinit16
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the W hotel in Scottsdale and we had a problem with our room. I guess the website where we got it from didn't call the W to confirm.Anyway,the hotel manager was very helpful and help us get our room. He even sent a note with an apology and champagne. Very nice of him. I will say, I don't think I would stay there with my kids. It's more for single or couple.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Babyniko04
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see that you experienced any inconveniences during your arrival, but that we were able to come to a resolution.

Although we do cater to a wide variety of guest, W Scottsdale is a very adult hotel, with a high energy experience.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

this is a classic W starwood hotel. with an overall great staff. However, the staff is becoming snobish and not attentive. Check in and check out was great but food and drink service was slow and not attentive as we watched the staff served 5 other guests before coming to us and we had been there first. She also never came to check on us while she sat chatting to regulars for over30 min. Also, there was o much noise on a Wed night near my room that it was difficult to sleep

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Faulkner8251

Greetings, and thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay in Scottsdale. I am sorry to see the experience you describe from our Talent. We pride ourselves on offering a Whatever/Whenever level of service that is second to none.

I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. I apologize for the noise as well, we are a very high energy hotel in the hub of the Scottsdale nightlife scene. In anticipation of your next visit we also have quiet rooms available.

I do hope you give us a second chance on your next visit, I know we won’t disappoint.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My Oct 2012 trip to the W hotel in scottsdale was a AAA+++ experience. As an avid traveler fro peronal & business trips...i rate this hotel all positive.
The staff was beyond helpful & accomodating at all times.
the accomdations were superb, sharp, clean & new.
the hotel is conveniently located a block from the high end shopping & resturants...including a view of camelback mountain.
The Acura Mdx hotel car (free of charge) valet service topped my expectations.
Cant say enough positive things.
Thanks to Chis, Tracy & Stephanie for going the distance.
Im coming back ya'll.

Room Tip: pool & mountain view are both terrific.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I know it sounds odd that a place is "nice" and that I did not like it, but that is just the case. The room was very nice. It was clean, stylish, and had great amenities. The hotel staff was friendly and treated me respectfully. The Concierge was helpful when I asked them for a dinner recommendation. But....this is (as others have said) a party hotel for young adults. There was even a flyer on the desk in my room from the W that said "Let's get the party started", with a list of the weekend's party events in the hotel.

I was told that you could access the pool 24 hours, but after 8 pm, the pool area turned into a night club - no, I don't mean a bar with a lot of people - I mean a night club. With velvet ropes manned by multiple bouncers, blaring music, and light show until 2 am, complete with a dress code. You could not wear shorts, nor open toed shoes - despite the 100 degree weather. Which is FINE for a night club - but not so much for my hotel's pool.

So...if you are young (35 cutoff), have had plastic surgery, want to spend a significant chunk of your monthly income on a cheap bottle of vodka (I am a responsible adult that has been monetarily succesful in my life due to NOT spending LITERALLY hundreds of dollars on a $20 bottle of Smirnoff vodka), and you want a party, this is the hotel for you.

It just wasn't for me - but I still gave it a "very good" rating because it certainly would appeal to some, if this is your thing. If so - have a great time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BostonBF

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to see that W Scottsdale offered a different experience than you were expecting.
I am glad to see that our Talent was able to impress you. W Scottsdale is a very high energy property, and located in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale, the center for day and nightlife in the valley.

Social programming is one of the cornerstones of any W Hotel, and we do our best to always notify and invite our guests to participate in the fun. On Friday and Saturday nights Shade Lounge does draw quite a crowd, and we do our best to let our guests know about the dress code, including posting it on our website. While we do offer VIP service in our lounges, it is by no means a requirement.

I invite you back next time you are in the area, I know we can impress you!