“Great place to relax or party /choice is yours”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
New York
“Great place to relax or party /choice is yours”
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed last week at the W and was upgraded to a Corner Suite. The staff were wonderful and friendly from the second I checked in...the Suite was fantastic. I got a great view of the pool but when I wanted quiet and the music was to loud, I just closed the door to my balcony and it was fine. My "significant other" was delayed in Germany and I ended up on my own for 3 nights. The staff in the Sushi restaurant and the bartenders out by the pool knew the story and went out of there way to make sure I didn't feel alone. Even the bellman ran all over the place to make sure I had everything I needed for my room (and even got me bottles of coke for free as he knew I didn't like cans!!!! Would I stay here again. ABSOLUTLY!!!! Already made arrangements to come right back - but this time, THE HINEYMOONS ON!!!?

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ChinaTraderJMR
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Hello and thank you for the review! I am glad we were able to upgrade you during your visit.

I am sorry to read that you ended up traveling solo, but I am so glad we made you feel welcomed! Our Talent is always trying to go above and beyond for our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you on your return visit!

Brad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My friends and I had a "staycation" at the W Scottsdale last weekend and had a wonderful time. We started out during the day at the pool. It gets a little crowded so go early to reserve seating! The pool staff was great - they set up cushions and towels for us so we would have a place in the sand with the perfect view of the pool. There was never a wait at the bar which was nice considering how busy the pool can get. The rooms were larger than any W room I've stayed in before and easily accommodated a bunch of girls trying to get ready at the same time. Location of this hotel is ideal - we were able to walk to bars and restaurants within a few minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fun getaway. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren C
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We would like to rave about the outstanding service we received at the W by Halley and Nikki! Halley was our event coordinator and she was awesome! She was caring, professional and FLEXIBLE at all times! Nikki did an outstanding job attending our party of 31+ children and was very at tentative to our needs! They even allowed us to bring our celebration cakes in!

Our event was my son's graduation from medical school and going into residency, my son-in-laws receiving his second master's (MBA), and my grandaughter's birthday!

The hotel is lovely and beautiful and the food is fantastic, especially the fish tacos and the appetizers! Fresh made chips & guacamole!

Again, we would like to thank and praise the staff and the hotel!

Virgie

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Virgie P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place is amazing; great atmosphere, fantastic service, and the ability to get just about anything you want. I strolled in late on a Saturday night and got my suit pressed for early the next morning... almost 0 notice to get my request in the queue. Chris at the front desk was awesome; he had some great nuance local insights that made my stay a blast!

Thanks W!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank theycallmeJODA
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Having been in the Private Jet business as a broker for over 10 years, one lesson learned is clear. Having a great network of service providers around me that understand the amount of work obtaining and retaining high net worth clients is a key function in the sales process. I personally research and select only the best to work with and The W hotel along with their staff are the best in Scottsdale.

Standing out the most is Halley Ross. Halley completely understands what I expect with regards to my clients when I call. Clients trust me to provide and expect unmatched customer service and a true luxury experience not only in the air but while on the ground as well. A client can be lost with one undesirable occurrence and knowing Halley and the staff at The W have my clients best interest first allows me true peace of mind while my clients are enjoying all that Arizona has to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Todd S
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is fabulous!!! My friend and I (both frequent travelers) stayed over Memorial Day weekend and had a blast. It was hard to even want to leave the pool, but if you do there are shops, bars and restaurants all within blocks of the hotel. The friendly and helpful staff were the icing on the cake. Special shout out to Chris the concierge and Tyler the bartender for their hospitality. I can't say enough about how great this place is!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Molly H
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed there over this last memorial day weekend, it was like being at the Jersey Shore. If I had wanted that as my experience for vacationing then I would have gone to the shore. The pool scene is the cheesiest scene ever, nothing but a bunch of young self absorbed twenty something year olds. The W should have done a better job of warning customers staying at the hotel that they sell tickets for the pool party so even though you are paying to stay there and use the pool, that you might not get comfortable seating. It is definitely one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Bliner41
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to read that your experience wasn’t a positive one.

While social programming is a critical component of any W Hotel, we create our events to appeal to all of our guests for everyone’s enjoyment. W Scottsdale does have a very vibrant pool party scene, especially on Memorial Day. However, even during non holiday events we have reserved seating for hotel guests, as well as a pool concierge.

I apologize if this wasn’t communicated properly to you, that is a misstep on our end. I invite you back to W Scottsdale and you can see a different side of the hotel during a non holiday.

Brad W