“Great meal”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,274 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Description: The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family and I dined here on 12/26/13. Our reservation for 5 was promptly honored. The service was great and the food was outstanding. While many in my family raved about the fish, the ribeye steak I ordered was one of the best I ever had. The meal was expensive, but well worth the price.

There are newer reviews for Wildfish Seafood Grille

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Tried this restaurant with a group of 7 on a week night. We had a reservation and we were seated promptly. The server came over and took drink and appetizer orders.

All meals are a la carte. The sides are served family style. One can also order salads or soup with dinner. More than 1 of us felt that our fish was over-cooked. The cappacino's came out cold. The server did not refill water glasses, they sat empty for quite a while. The server did not come back and see if we needed anything more.

And most of all, for what we spent, we should have loved out meals and we did not. The next time we are looking for fish in Scottsdale, we will definitely try a different restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on Christmas eve. We had a lovely table for two. Our wait staff was excellent and our server was Charlie. My husband ordered a crab cake and it was the best ever! The flavor was fresh and delicious. He had side orders of corn and spicy shrimp and loved it. I had the sole and crab fried rice. Everything was excellent. The food was worth the price.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We only had the Grouper. It was superbly prepared with a light accompanying sauce that perfectly complimented the fish. The provided bread was good too. It is expensive, but is worth the cost occasionally.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and it was a great choice! The restaurant is dark and welcoming - a nice atmosphere. It can be romantic, but I was there with friends, so not for that purpose. The service was very good, and the seafood was excellent. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer - it was some of the best I've ever had. The server knew the menu well, and made great recommendations. It is expensive, and the dinners are a la carte, but it was worth it.