“Grrreat Seafood”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,274 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Description: The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Shared jumbo lump crab & avocado appetizer ... delicious, fresh and lovely presentation. Our server (Jorge) had the Fuji apple salad split (always appreciated) ... ingredients complimented one another ... light, not too much cheese or dressing ... refreshing. My husband had the jumbo scallops ... seared to perfection, fantastic! I had the grilled fish special, an Alaskan salmon filet (arctic char). I am fussy about my fish .. this was divine, flawlessly grilled, just the right amount of seasoning.

For dessert we ordered the pineapple upside down cake. I envisioned a cake like my mom used to make in a skillet ... moist yellow cake, round slices of pineapple, caramelized brown sugar top ... We were disappointed. The dessert was overpowered with a carmel sauce, pineapple and cake all were soaked in the sauce. So, try a different dessert and don't miss out on the excellent seafood!

1  Thank Marebones2
There are newer reviews for Wildfish Seafood Grille

Reviewed March 4, 2013

After a day of travel and spring training games we made our way to Wildfiish, thanks to others here on TripAdvisor. Wow! You really can't beat this place. The ambiance was amazing, as was the decor in the evening light. With no reservation they managed to seat us immediately at a two-top, after we turned down a bar seat. Our waiter Nicolas was first rate and splendid. The menu was full of great choices. I had a swordfish steak that was most excellent, after enjoying a great ceasar salad and a fine appetizer of shrimp/crab. My wife had a lobster bisque that she loved and the wonderful scallops as the main course. Truly a solid place for Scottsdale and quite popular, as the place filled up on a Sunday evening. Just across from Fashion Square Mall, this is in a gem of an area with plenty of parking too! A bit pricey, but really worth every cent spent here. Wildfish Seafood Grille...we can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Other than losing our reservation, they had great fish and the mac and cheese is world class! It is a classy atmosphere but you don't feel out of place. Service is terrific and the quality of food is highly recommended.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I can be sort of cranky and critical. I know this. Its because I eat out and travel a lot. But thanks to my fellow reviewers, we gave this place a try. It had been a tough day and this place melted our troubles away with their friendly professionalism. We made a reservation, but still had to wait a half hour for our table, but we didn't mind a bit because the bar is so convivial and elegant. Once we got to our table, we saw a menu and specials that were original but not at all off-puttingly so (if that's even a word). And there's an interesting and varied wine list. The decor is gorgeous - we could have been in NYC, Chicago, LA..... We had a great time and can't wait to go back. Oh, and be sure to order the snap peas and mushroom side. Yummy!

1  Thank StDenisGirl
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I met my friend for dinner at Wildfish, following a spring baseball game at Giants Stadium. We decided to eat on the patio, which was lovely and quiet until they opened the restaurant windows to let the breeze in and the bar noise out. Waitperson Nico was superb, attentive and helpful when needed. I enjoyed the VA oysters, which were perfect, with 2 different dips/sauces, an heirloom tpmato salad - tomatoes were meaty and succulent, and lobster tacos, which were the best I've ever had. I look forward to visiting Wildfish on my next trip to AZ.

1  Thank Traveldiva36