“Excellent Food, nice location”

Jewel of the Crown, Cuisine of India
Ranked #348 of 1,324 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Options: Lunch 5 days and Dinner 7 days. Lunch: Wed-Fri: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Sat-Sun: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Dinner: Sun-Thu: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Fri-Sat: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM. Price Range: $11 - $18.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was looking for Indian, on a Monday night, and this was the only option. Wow, what an option!. I knew that I had stumbled onto a gem when I walked in and saw that they had two large ethnic indian parties seated. Always a good sign.

I chose to sit outside, which was very comfortable. My only issue was that, sometimes, I felt forgotten about. However, when I was tended to, the service was prompt, professional and courteous.

The food was much better than I expected, and as this is the third indian restaurant I've eaten at in Scottsdale, I have to say I was not disappointed. I'll be back and happily recommend it.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Easily my favorite Indian Restaurant in Scottsdale. I have been there a few times on my visits to Scottsdale. The food is good, the servers are courteous. There are a couple of other Indian restaurants in 5 mile radius, but this one is the most popular. During lunch hours - I avoid their Set Lunch Menu and just order Ala - Carte as well. I dig the Chicken Karahi at this place. Lovely.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good food and they have an outdoor patio that's dog friendly. Portions we good sized, not too big or too small, and service was great.

1  Thank ilophoto
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I ordered the Jewel Masala Chicken and was very pleased with the flavor and presentation. I came with two family members and we were all very pleased with our food. The atmosphere was nice with Indian tapestry and art. We would definitely think about returning. It wasn't easy to find using our cell apps, but glad we asked someone and got directions. Park in the large parking garage and just walk for easiest access.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Indian restaurant was chosen as the site for an annual birthday celebration. Friend had visited several times, it was this writer's first. Two different orders were shared, tandoori chicken kabobs and spinach paneer. The Tandoori baked in clay pot was very dry ordered raita to add some moisture to this dish. The raita included potatoes, a first with that addition with limited cucumbers. The spinach paneer was satisfactory but it looked more like a baked quiche than the typical paneer that spreads on the plate. The chai was great, but no refills were offered nor provided. The atmosphere was satisfactory with no music. The owners children were going in and out of a door positioned next to the table where we dined. The bonus was the dessert for the birthday, tapioca pudding which was excellent. Not too sweet, runny or firm--perfect!
I don't anticipate returning any time in the near future as I love Indian food but this restaurant fell short though the service was very good, it was just a ho hum dining experience.