“Best Indian Food in Phoenix area”

Jewel of the Crown, Cuisine of India
Ranked #325 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Options: Lunch 5 days and Dinner 7 days. Lunch: Wed-Fri: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Sat-Sun: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Dinner: Sun-Thu: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Fri-Sat: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM. Price Range: $11 - $18.
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Yum, love Indian food and this one was not a disappointment. I hold all other Indian restaurants to their standard and many times it doesn't come close to this culinary perfection. There never seems to be a crowd so I hope they stay open. But truly great food - I'd give it more stars if I could! I can't begin to pronounce or spell all the wonderful delights on their menu. You'll just have to take my word for it.

1  Thank NaomiBTravelin

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My family and I planned to eat at this restaurant before going to a show at the adjoining Scottsdale Center for the Arts. We thought we had plenty of time prior to the show arriving almost an hour and a half at the Jewel. Although there were quite a few empty tables, it took almost 30 minutes to get seated. Once seated, we ordered right away and mentioned to our server that we had to get out in 30 minutes to get to the show. After a long period of time, our food never showed up so we walked out. So lesson learned: choose another restaurant to eat it and make reservations, even if it seems unlikely that the place will be full.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Requires reservations, great for groups or couples, not a really family restaurant for young children. Food was average and portions very small. Good variety on menu. Prices reasonable. Close to park area and easy parking.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have been here mutiple times now and overall I like this place. The ambience is nice and the service is good.In general, I recommend trying the samosa, chicken curry/masala, chicken/paneer tikka, nan bread, the lunch thali. They have a outdoor seating as well and it's nice. I have tried the biriyani items here and I did not like them, it lacks in taste and needs a change in the recipe I guess to make it taste good.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

As indicated by earlier review, The decor and location are fine, However we found the service indifferent and not particularly welcoming.
Papad was half burnt to begin then cheese pakora which were taste less. Spring water was not available. After a long wait I got stale nan and Malai Kofta were the worst I ever had. Server packed the left over which ended in trash on the way. Very poor experince and left hungry after spending $35.

1  Thank UpperCapeResident