“Worst (or nonexistent) Service Ever”

Jewel of the Crown, Cuisine of India
Ranked #349 of 1,274 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Options: Lunch 5 days and Dinner 7 days. Lunch: Wed-Fri: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Sat-Sun: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Dinner: Sun-Thu: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Fri-Sat: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM. Price Range: $11 - $18.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My family and I planned to eat at this restaurant before going to a show at the adjoining Scottsdale Center for the Arts. We thought we had plenty of time prior to the show arriving almost an hour and a half at the Jewel. Although there were quite a few empty tables, it took almost 30 minutes to get seated. Once seated, we ordered right away and mentioned to our server that we had to get out in 30 minutes to get to the show. After a long period of time, our food never showed up so we walked out. So lesson learned: choose another restaurant to eat it and make reservations, even if it seems unlikely that the place will be full.

There are newer reviews for Jewel of the Crown, Cuisine of India

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Requires reservations, great for groups or couples, not a really family restaurant for young children. Food was average and portions very small. Good variety on menu. Prices reasonable. Close to park area and easy parking.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have been here mutiple times now and overall I like this place. The ambience is nice and the service is good.In general, I recommend trying the samosa, chicken curry/masala, chicken/paneer tikka, nan bread, the lunch thali. They have a outdoor seating as well and it's nice. I have tried the biriyani items here and I did not like them, it lacks in taste and needs a change in the recipe I guess to make it taste good.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

As indicated by earlier review, The decor and location are fine, However we found the service indifferent and not particularly welcoming.
Papad was half burnt to begin then cheese pakora which were taste less. Spring water was not available. After a long wait I got stale nan and Malai Kofta were the worst I ever had. Server packed the left over which ended in trash on the way. Very poor experince and left hungry after spending $35.

1  Thank UpperCapeResident
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Who would have thought there would be such superb Indian Food in the desert?!
We were delighted to discover the Jewel of the Crown on our trip to Scottsdale this past January. We lived in London, England for ten years and the food at the Jewel of the Crown is as good as anything we experienced in the many excellent restaurants in the U.K.
The spices were just right and the service was excellent as well. It is a little tricky to find but if you ask for the Scottsdale Performing Arts Center you will see it just across the way.
It turned out to be our favorite restaurant in Scottsdale. Highly recommended. You can also check out the menu on the Internet before you go, if you wish.

1  Thank greenganesh