“Great!”

ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
Reserve with OpenTable
ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: 69th Street and Indian School Road
Transit: The South West corner of 69th Street and Indian School
Description: ZuZu personifies what we love about Arizona: its rich sense of history, warm hospitality and all its gentle reminders that we should never take ourselves too seriously. Executive Chef Russell LaCasce serves up seasonal American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner, featuring organic ingredients from local purveyors. Dine inside or on the shaded courtyard patio, with a wall of floor-to-ceiling glass that opens to let the outside in. The lounge is open until midnight or later daily, the perfect spot for happy hour, shared plates, crafty cocktails and classic martinis.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

only had the bar menu.. the crafted cocktails are perfection or get the bartender to make you something special - extraordinary... the salads are top notch!

1  Thank beatricepugzilla
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

What a fun place for Happy Hour. The service is friendly and welcoming. We had wine on the patio and truly enjoyed it. They let you order from the Happy Hour menu anywhere in the bar, restaurant, or patio. Many restaurants have restrictions about that. We would go back.

Thanks very much, hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Cafe Zuzu evokes the feel of the 50's in decor, but the food is strictly 21st century. Four friends went for a birthday breakfast and shared four entrees: short rib and butternut squash hash with poached eggs, mushroom cheddar omelet, and two orders of brioche French toast stuffed with a lemon infused cheese filling. Everything was delicious! The short ribs were tender and succulent, and the eggs perfectly cooked ~ runny but not raw. The french toast lemon filling was ever so slightly tangy while cool and refreshing. The omelet was generously filled with mushrooms and cheese. The iced tea, passion fruit, was refreshing on a hot Sunday morning.
The down side was the service. When the waitress came for our order, we asked for a few more minutes. Big mistake! She didn't return for about 15 minutes. And the level of service never improved. Iced tea was never refilled. Our waitress was rarely in the dining room and when she was, she was a master at not making eye contact. Twice we had to summon another waitress to request our waitress come to the table. When it came to paying the bill, we asked the hostess to take it. We began to feel like we were being held captive ~ not a good feeling. Fortunately the food was so good that our moods were not negatively impacted, but the amount of tip left certainly was impacted. With food this good, I would normally schedule a return visit with my husband. But with service this poor, I'm searching for other options.

1  Thank travelilnrose
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I'm so sorry to hear that the service was a disappointment during your breakfast. We definitely want all of our guests to experience efficient service, and hold ourselves to a high standard. I hope you'll consider another visit to ZuZu in the near future so we can show you what our service is all about. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let me tell you a story, I have dined at ZuZu probably 20 times? I've lost count. I have stayed at Hotel Valley Ho about ten times. I love this place. I always refer to it as my "Happy Place." I have recommended this hotel to everyone I know. I have brought friends to this hotel almost every year. Staying at this hotel and dining at ZuZu are among some of my best memories.

I would love to give ZuZu a better rating. It pains me not to, but I will tell you why. It's something that has bothered me each visit and I wish they could get it right, because this place deserves five stars.

So, here's the skinny: The ambiance, the grounds, the location, the architecture, the food - it's so cool and perfect. But the service at ZuZu is a crapshoot. I have had very few experiences that are really good. They miss the boat. Ugh. Pains me to say it, really does.

Especially sitting in the lounge area. The service is slow, a little on the lame side, and the bartenders usually lacking in skill and personality. There I said it. Sorry, but it's so true. We go there because we love it so much and it's become a running joke between my husband and myself, and other friends who frequent ZuZu. You just never know what you're going to get.

My last experience in May was average. It took FOREVER to get a round of drinks for myself and four friends, and a few of us ordered the sangria. The worst ever on record. That stuff tasted like cough syrup with a Bartles and James wine cooler mixed in. We wanted to send it back, but the waitress barely paid attention to us and we were in fact late going upstairs to our spa treatments. We had to approach the bar to pay our tab and we were the only ones in there, except for a few people at the bar. That in my opinion is unacceptable. I could wait that entire place by myself and do it really well. There has to be some way of training your staff to pay attention to the customer and be on point.

The best experience you will have is for breakfast. Tremendous breakfast. So good. The menu choices are so perfect. I love everything on the menu. The yogurt, granola and fruit parfait is a tower of beautiful and health. The cranberry bread is perfect. The right amount of crunch, soft and sweetness. Any of the egg dishes will rock your world. The egg breakfast sandwich, wrapped in brown paper - huge portion and you will not eat again until dinner. So filling and super good.

Sitting outside under the umbrellas, watching all the little birdies enjoying life, basking in the Arizona climate is a good experience. But it could be excellent, if the service was up to speed. There is an older woman who has waitressed there for years, and she is the best. You never have to wait or wonder with her. And the gentleman who clears tables and pours water - he's a sweetheart and also been there for years. But the rest, sorry to say, need training.

Please, please, please improve the training and the wait service. It's going to make customers want to return and rave about it. I really do love this place.

First I would like to say that we appreciate your repeat stays at the hotel and visits to ZuZu, along with your recommendations. Your opinion matters a lot, as someone who is very familiar with the restaurant. I sincerely apologize for the issues you have experienced with slow service. Our guest service is very important to us, and I have relayed your comments to our restaurant manager. I have also relayed your comments about the sangria, as it normally gets high reviews. We would love to show you the wonderful experience we know we can offer, should you return. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Was looking for a brunch that wasn't a buffet and wasn't $40 a person..we found it. Food was great and so was the atmosphere. We had eggs Benidict, French toast, lox and bagels and a burger. All great! Avg price $13. Had Bloody Mary bar for $5. service a little slow but very friendly.

Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed brunch and the Bloody Mary Bar! I apologize that the service was a bit slow. We hope to see you again.