“A Good Place for Lunch when Visiting the Mall”

Yard House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yard House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently tried the Yard House with a friend. I seldom consider restaurant fare at shopping malls to be anything but average. I found that the Yard House was a cut above. The atmosphere is more of a sports bar with television monitors around the inner walls, and the noise level at lunch was a bit higher than I would prefer. But the menu was quite extensive with a wide variety of choices. I had the chicken tortilla soup, which was absolutely superb. It contained hunks of freshly cooked chicken, loads of tortilla strips and big pieces of avocado. And it was perfectly spiced - not too hot, yet had a bit of a kick. I then had a parmisan breaded chicken breast that was quite good, but a bit heavy for a lunch entree. It came with mashed potatoes that were creamy and borderline decadent. Overall I enjoyed the meal, and would go back, but later in the afternoon when it might be a bit quieter.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi Erikaday3 - We are glad you enjoy our restaurant. Your complete delight is our goal so we will be working to correct the "hit or miss" service you have experienced in the past. Please know that we are always available at yhguestrelations@darden.com if you would like to discuss your visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Yard House Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We noticed the "Yardhouse" sign and decided that this would be a good meeting place for lunch. Looking at the reviews now, I realize that this is a chain - we are not from the USA. No worries. Perfect location for those shopping at the mall without doing a food court! The approach is not the most attractive, through the parking garage, but that is also what makes it so convenient. Lots of seating available. Attractive dark décor. Attentive, friendly staff. Varied menu and great choice of drinks! We both had the seafood chowder and an appetizer each. Loved the chowder -absolutely delicious! It was so good that we came back another day especially for the chowder. Some of the best we have ever had. Looking forward to our next trip to Scottsdale - for more sunshine, shopping and chowder!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this Yardhouse Friday for lunch. My husband had a burger and I had a turkey Sandwich and side salad. The burger was really good, but my husband wished it would have had some lettuce on it. Mt sandwich was great. We both enjoyed their iced tea. Very good. We will definitely return.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hi Beasley33 – We are honored to know that you enjoyed your visit and will be back! Please let your husband know that upon request we would be happy to provide him with some lettuce for his burger. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Second time at this Yardhouse. Staff at front of house at lunchtime dropped the score down a point. Hoping to see a rugby semi final on one of their many televisions. No real attempt from the young front of house staff to make an attempt to check if they were showing it. Even told them which channel it was on. They were beaten anyway. Returned later for dinner. Chose the bar as there was a queue. Same menu and better atmosphere anyway. Bar staff as usual well informed and great at choosing a beer to match your tastes. Menu choices and prices good. Had the scallops and prawn rice bowl. Both very tasty. Minimal fuss and attentive when needing attention. Def. recommend it. Even music was good, unusual for a middle ager complementing on that one.

Hi robeth_8 – We are terribly sorry for the disappointment with our host staff. They certainly should have been much more helpful with your request. We will share your feedback with the team to ensure this does not happen again. Please know if you have any future concerns of this nature our manager on duty would also be able to assist. We are always available as well and can be reached at yhguestrelations@darden.com.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I needed to go to the mall for a forgotten clothing item and decided to have dinner here and watch the baseball game. It is a large restaurant but not busy and I sat at the bar. The bar maid was very friendly - granting my request to find the baseball game on the TV and I had a wonderful cold beer to relax after a day in the heat. Beer is the game here, with lots of excellent choices. The menu was extensive, but I needed something lighter after a late lunch of BBQ. I chose pizza and had a great meal, with plenty left over for breakfast the next morning. Enjoy!