“Glad it's not closer”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Description: Creative daytime dishes & fresh-squeezed OJ share menu space with lunch faves at this buzzy local hot-spot with a comfortable vibe.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Because if it were, I'd be even fatter.

It's very close to a five, but I try to reserve that for near perfection. If I wanted to quibble, I'd point to pancakes that sometimes lack flavor (though the texture is the best I've ever had, managing to get that just crisp edge every time), and that you shouldn't serve Benedict if you have a nasty Hollandaise mix. I get that you can't make it fresh at a place like this, but at least choose something a little closer.

Otherwise, this is just really consistently good. I have even had a good burger here, though it's hard not to order from the breakfast menu. And fresh squeezed orange juice is just wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Butterfield's Pancake House

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The grits are soo good. I wanted to lick the bowl. The best grits I've ever had. Creamy and tasty. The corned beef hash was pretty good too. No potato pancakes, but they do have biscuits and gravy. No idea how good they are.

The omelettes are so fluffy, they look a football. I think there's someone in the back just pumping them full of air. They didn't skimp on the cheese. A little bland for my taste . Needed salsa. They charge $0.25 for a side of salsa.

They move you in and out pretty fast. Props to the bus boys. They move!! Good job. Showed up around 8:30/9:00 on a Sunday morning. Got us in under five minutes. Didn't make use feel rushed. Kept the coffee flowing. Service was friendly.

I'd go back just for the grits.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just agreeing wit the kazillion other foodies about the fact that this is THE place to eat breakfast. My only regret is that my husband and I didn't SHARE the classic breakfast. If that was only 2 eggs, I'll eat my iPad! It was a mess of eggs and three...read 'em...THREE huge sausage patties, plus their delicious version of hash browns...not to mention two large pancakes! YIKES! We are two big eaters, nut this was beyond our morning appetite. Still..just getting a lot of food, does not earn a 5 Star from me. No...it has to be DELICIOUS..trust me, it was!

1  Thank msbiztoo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had to wait for table, which wasn't too bad for Labor Day weekend. When seated, the food came out quickly. We are from the South...DON'T order the grits, they were pretty nasty. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, crepes, coffee were all great. Also disappointed in the biscuits and gravy. That was not too great either. All in all,a great place for breakfast, just be careful what you order. We'll go back. Service was excellent! Thanks, Stan!

1  Thank Rick N
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a wonderful breakfast place. The omelette's and pancakes were great. We have breakfast here every trip to Scottsdale.

2  Thank GooseCowboy