“Grits!!!!”

Butterfield's Pancake House
Ranked #3 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Description: Creative daytime dishes & fresh-squeezed OJ share menu space with lunch faves at this buzzy local hot-spot with a comfortable vibe.
Long Beach
“Grits!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The grits are soo good. I wanted to lick the bowl. The best grits I've ever had. Creamy and tasty. The corned beef hash was pretty good too. No potato pancakes, but they do have biscuits and gravy. No idea how good they are.

The omelettes are so fluffy, they look a football. I think there's someone in the back just pumping them full of air. They didn't skimp on the cheese. A little bland for my taste . Needed salsa. They charge $0.25 for a side of salsa.

They move you in and out pretty fast. Props to the bus boys. They move!! Good job. Showed up around 8:30/9:00 on a Sunday morning. Got us in under five minutes. Didn't make use feel rushed. Kept the coffee flowing. Service was friendly.

I'd go back just for the grits.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“DITTO!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just agreeing wit the kazillion other foodies about the fact that this is THE place to eat breakfast. My only regret is that my husband and I didn't SHARE the classic breakfast. If that was only 2 eggs, I'll eat my iPad! It was a mess of eggs and three...read 'em...THREE huge sausage patties, plus their delicious version of hash browns...not to mention two large pancakes! YIKES! We are two big eaters, nut this was beyond our morning appetite. Still..just getting a lot of food, does not earn a 5 Star from me. No...it has to be DELICIOUS..trust me, it was!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank msbiztoo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Service, Okay Items”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had to wait for table, which wasn't too bad for Labor Day weekend. When seated, the food came out quickly. We are from the South...DON'T order the grits, they were pretty nasty. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, crepes, coffee were all great. Also disappointed in the biscuits and gravy. That was not too great either. All in all,a great place for breakfast, just be careful what you order. We'll go back. Service was excellent! Thanks, Stan!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rick N
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a wonderful breakfast place. The omelette's and pancakes were great. We have breakfast here every trip to Scottsdale.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank GooseCowboy
Portland, Oregon
“Good Breakfast Omelettes are Huge”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

First off let me start with a large orange juice cost $5.28 WTH!!!!! Taste good but it's not $5.28 worthy......where is the rest of the gallon. Should at least have free refills but no.
The omelets are massive an egg lovers dream. French toast was nice fluffy and the bacon was good. My husband had a skillet that was good. This places egg and potatoes portions are definitely enough to share.

• Visited August 2013