“Most Delicious Burger and Impeccable Service”

Bootleggers Modern American Smokehouse
Ranked #67 of 1,282 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband I went to Bootleggers the second to last day of our vacation. We have two regrets: we wish we went sooner and we wish it was closer to home. You know the service is incredible when you ask for a drink with alcohol they don't carry and they try to improvise without hesitation. We told the bartenders we were going to review their restaurant when we got home. I apologize profusely that I do not remember your names. This is going to sound strange but the service was so good, it was as if we were being waited on by male strippers that had one goal in mind-to please the customer. The service was honest and sincere and it was truly the best service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I hope the manager or owner reads my review because I am being totally honest to say that I am shocked the restaurant was not busier. We went on a Thursday night and then again the very next night, the last day of our vacation. The chili was out of this world, the salad I ordered was delicious and when we went the following night, we both ordered the burger on a pretzel bun. We both ordered both different burgers that were listed on the menu and it was absolutely mouth-watering. I have offered many reviews in Tripadvisor over the years and we eat out once or twice a week and I cannot stress enough how we were treated with sincere hospitality and how amazing the food was. We had the handsome younger bartender on night one and the bartender closer to my age (40ish), both male, and on our second night, we had the bartender that talked to us about skateboarding. When we walked out, the younger bartender from night one was in the middle of a conversation that we didn't want to interrupt. He ran outside to say goodbye to us and I had to hug him goodbye. Never will we experience this on the east coast, which is really sad!! He wasn't getting a tip from us that night but honestly wanted to wish us well!!! Please don't disregard my review. If you are in Downtown Scottsdale, this is not the place to miss!!!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The barbecue here is second to none. We stopped into a boot store and asked if they had any southwestern barbecue around and the women pointed us to Bootleggers. The restaurant has only been open a few months and we need to make sure it stays open with great reviews. The food was fantastic and would highly recommend the pulled pork sandwich and add the fries to it. The fries are very good but have a nice little jalapeno kick to them. Service was very good but then we ate at 4:00pm so we were the only ones in the restaurant at this time. By the time we were done it was pretty crowded. My mouth is watering just writing this review.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were down at the farmers market Sat. morning in Old Town Scottsdale. which in itself is a great destination. One of the booths handing out samples was Bootleggers. We enjoyed the samples & were directed to the restaurant just around the corner. Having had a late breakfast we ordered lighter entrees, pulled pork & turkey breast. Each entrée came with slaw and two hot Tortillas. The servings were substantial, ended up taking some of both meals back home. The slaw was excellent, the meat was very moist & tasty. The pork takes the smoke flavour better than the turkey, but both were very good. The service was prompt & friendly, although it was early & the crowd was just starting to arrive. Its location is just off the main tourist street which doesn't help the popularity.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had half rack St. Louis ribs, came with sides of slaw & 2 piping hot tortillas. They also have a lot of other sides for extra $, but I figured the basic order would be plenty and it was. The ribs were excellent, with a subtle smokey flavor and fortunately not slathered in sauce, a hallmark of mediocrity in many bbq joints in my opinion. The slaw was great too, not too sweet or bland and tasteless, which are the extremes I often encounter in lesser joints. Fast, efficient & friendly staff and a nice interior ambiance.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A fun, casual place with good comfort food. I crave their PB&J wings and the bacon bacon board was delicious. Service is inconsistent though so I haven't returned.