“Excellent, Stylish hotel, with outstanding service.”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent, Stylish hotel, with outstanding service.”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This is an historic hotel built in the 1950's and they have really stayed to true to the Mid-Century modern style, while upgrading all amenities. We had a business meeting there, and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Amazing food, amazing service, amazing rooms, and right int he heart of downtown...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Mpls
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Worst hotel experience in my life. First night was great, on the second night, my girlfriend and I were awakened at 4:30am by a burglar digging through one of our bags at the end of our bed. The guy ran out the patio and jumped the 4ft wall, never to be seen again. Security came, said they circle the grounds twice per hour and documented our patio door at midnight. We asked why they didn't just call us to tell us the door was open since it was a big enough issue for them to document - they had no answer. The guy who checked us out was aware of the incident and said nothing about it until we mentioned it. He comped us a $30 lunch as an afterthought and said the director of security wanted to talk to us. The security director was confrontational, defensive, and aggressive to talk to, he actually got up in my face. He had nothing to say except - well, we cannot predict the future. It was bad enough waking up to a burglar in our room, but the way the hotel staff handled the situation was inexcusable. The hotel is unsafe and the customer service is absolutely atrocious. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ValleyNo
alexjade, General Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
We are very sorry to hear about this incident and have attempted on multiple occasions via phone and email to contact this guest to address the situation. Our hotel as well as the local Scottsdale area is historically very safe so this incident was not the norm nor something we have ever experienced in the past. We do constant security patrols of the property for our guests safety as well as monitor the property via video surveillance. Guests regularly sleep with their patio doors open as Arizona has excellent weather and guests enjoy the fresh air. It’s an option everyone has as each of our guest rooms has a balcony or patio. Our security department do keep detailed logs of all their activities including notation of anything they encounter while on patrol and also so they can closely monitor issues that could be a concern.

We are very proud of our staff and the excellent customer service levels they provide to guests on a constant basis. We welcome this guest to contact the hotel to further discuss their concerns
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This is a fun, vibrant, happening hotel - if you enjoy having a band so close you can not only HEAR the music but FEEL it right in your room! When I returned to the hotel at 10 pm on a Friday night, I first couldn't park in the hotel parking lot (very hard to find) because the lot was being used only for "valet" for Trader Vics (What??? I'm a hotel guest!). But that wasn't the worst of it. My room was in building 3 - right across from Trader Vics which, you guessed it, hosts live cover bands every Friday and Saturday night. That means no rest for the weary until all hours. I had my room changed and asked the staff member who helped me what's up with that and he said very few people complain (seriously?). So they were very accommodating about moving me and moved me to building 6 - which fronts a very busy road. So I traded feeling the drums for hearing the traffic. Bring earplugs. After a restless night's sleep, I went in search of morning coffee and learned that there is NO complementary coffee (what???) so I had to purchase it from restaurant for $3.50 a cup. Then I settled in to the pool area to read and was asked to move by the staff member who was hosing down the chairs (hello???). The room itself was very cute as was the bathroom. And the hotel is indeed located right in the thick of things - walking distance to the arts district and lots of restaurants and a very quick ride to ASU and the airport. This is a great hotel for the early morning crowd. It is not a good hotel for those seeking rest and relaxation (PS - you need a map to find it but there is indeed well disguised self-parking - no signage at all). Rest and relaxation may be purchased (together with complimentary coffee) for better rates at nearby properties.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank PeteyTravels
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed for 4 night's during a 15 day road trip. Ideal location close to, the art district. Very friendly staff in the restaurants , we ate in both ZuZu and Trader Bob's enjoyed the meals at both. If we come that way again we will be staying, however we were also told that if we didn't use the valet parking we would have to park on the street, never mind it didn't spoil our visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Normandy Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Greatly enjoyed our stay. Walking distance to galleries and many fine restaurants. Took advantage of the spa - wonderful massage. Lovely hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 9, 2010

A friend and I went to visit a mutual friend. We decided to stay at the Hotel Valley Ho as it looked "cool" on the web site. I have to tell we were both very disappointed. The hotel's architecture is interesting, but once you get past the glitz I found it very mediocre. Kind of like West Elm, it looks cool from a distance, but when you look closely it is kind of cheap. The mattress was fair at best, OK linens, bath products were excellent as was the bathroom, but for $250+ a night I expected something much better. The bar scene was busy and I guess if you are 20-30 that might be a draw. We are both in our 40's and like to have a good time, but there was a lot of noise (that sounded like high school girls) that went late into the night. They are very proud of their hotel, but I really did not share their enthusiasm. There are a few different buildings and our building felt kind of like a dorm. It did have a nice balcony, but it looked out over the parking lot. Maybe we are not the target consumer, but for me there are better choices than the Ho.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SAWTEXAS
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I were here recently for a family wedding. While everything is pricey ($5 sodas!) it was all phenomanal. The rooms were gorgeous and modern with a retro touch. The food was amazing, especially the pool side burgers. Drinks were excellent and great bar service.
The grounds were beautiful and lush, unfortunately people don't pick up after thier dogs though.
It was also a beautiful location for a wedding. The reception was on the roof top and it had a stunning view.
It was very loud halloween night because they had a halloween party but I suppose that's to be expected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple