Hotel Valley Ho
$485
$354
$339
1,785 results
All reviewsmid centurycafe zuzumad menretro feelcabana roomtower roomold town scottsdalecool retropool sceneart galleriespool partyfree trolleypool viewgirls weekendmain poolbusiness meetingpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We had a great gals' weekend here with 7 women in 2 rooms! The rooms were a decent size although the beds were doubles rather than queens. That made sleeping a bit tight but not a huge problem.

The staff was awesome! We easily checked in early. EVERY staff member was friendly, courteous and helpful. We had lots of requests and each one was attended to promptly.

The pool area is wonderful and relaxing. Half of the party checked out on Saturday morning but were informed by the rest that a steel drum band hit the deck Sat. afternoon and really got a party started.

The decor was retro chic and fun - nothing about the HO takes itself too seriously.

The location was prime for evenings out and about - roughly $7 cab ride to all of the bars.

Overall, we were all impressed by the service, ambiance and amenities. We didn't try the spa so can't review that. Would absolutely book this property again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2007

If you're looking for a very contemporary hotel with attention to every possible modern design detail this is the place. We were absolutely wowed by the Valley Ho. From the time we drove up, the valets and every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We stayed one night in the standard king room. The colors, fixtures, mood lighting, everything was so well designed. We had a reservation somewhere else for the following week but liked this room so much that we decided to stay here instead. We had to book a room level higher but thought it would be worth the extra fee. All I can say is wow! The valet bringing our bags said we were very lucky to have been bumped up the to residential tower. It was not a room but an apartment. There was an eat in kitchen, living room, bedroom, patio and even a bathroom with separate room size shower.
In the middle was a large screen plasma TV that rotated to be seen from any area of this apartment . I forgot to mention the washer and dryer. And again, the design details were so sleek and modern. The concierge, Judy, found us the perfect restaurant for the evening. This was an experience to remember and we would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank HusbandWife37
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Although I did not stay at the Valley Ho, I went to use the spa based on the LUXE award they won for spa week. I have been to lots of spas, and this one was fabulous. I got a prenatal massage from a guy- and he was terrific. The spa facility is very nice, the products are great. And, they heat your robe during your massage, so at the end you slip into a warm robe! Thumbs up. And the hotel looked pretty cool too!

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed April 2, 2007

The Valley Ho is a fun and trendy place to stay in Scottsdale. It's location is great b/c you're close to other bars/restuarants, Fashion Square, and Camelback Mountain. I love the decor and how they kept the original retro vibe while still updating it to keep it hip. The spa was great, i recommend getting red flower hammam full body treatment - if you have the time.
We tried to dine at Trader Vic's for dinner, but we were not happy with the service. They were also very busy and it was a little too "theme like" for my taste. The manager was extremely appologetic and offered to have our bottle of wine brought up to our room. We did have breakfest at Cafe Zu Zu and that was good. I probably wouldn't stay there again, b/c it was fun the first time and I like to try other places.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank aprilchristine
Reviewed March 5, 2007

When I heard that Valley Ho was a renovated motel, I had trepidations about staying there and as we drove up to the property (its not picturesque from the street as your drive up and they are still renovating portions of the hotel) I started to get even more nervous. But when we entered the lobby my uneasiness faded quickly. The lobby was modern, updated and clean. When we were given a map to our room, I got a little nervous again, we were put in a building not connected to the main hotel and which overlooked (on one side of it) the parking lot to Trader Vics. But as soon as we opened the door to our room, the fact that we were so far away didnt bother me as much. The rooms seemed very brand new, they had an art deco modern type feeling to them, and the bathrooms were awesome. The overall cleaniless of the room was as good as any five star hotel I had been to (I am a little bit of a germ a phobe). The balcony was fair sized and had a double chaise as well as a table and chair, and there was an electrical outlet outside to plug in my computer in on the deck (wireless internet was free!) .
All in all, I was pleasantly suprised by the Valley Ho, although i was not expecting much, so perhaps that adds a little bit to my enthusiastic review.
Please note this is not a five/four star hotel, but for what it is, it wasnt bad.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank shawsh23