Hotel Valley Ho
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 Scottsdale(Scottsdale)
1,782 results
All reviewsmid centurycafe zuzumad menretro feelcabana roomtower roomold town scottsdalecool retropool sceneart galleriespool partyfree trolleypool viewgirls weekendmain poolbusiness meetingpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I just completed a 2 night stay at the Valley Ho for a work conference. Overall, this hotel is the bomb! The minute you walk into the hotel you feel like you have stepped back in time to the 1950's but with modern amenities.
My favorite part of the stay was the spa/fitness center. The fitness center is well appointed with equipment that looks out over the pool area. The fitness machines all have personal tvs to pass the time. I also spent some time in the spa with a facial and pedicure. All the spa staff were extremely professional and helpful. If I was staying longer I would have found myself back for more services.
The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was awesome with a very deep tub and mood lighting. How relaxing! My only complaint about the room was the coffee maker. It was a single serving pod type coffee maker and unfortunately the water leaked all over and I was only able to get a half a cup out of it. When I mentioned it to the front desk, the response was they were tricky machines and you have to get the water container in there just right. Probably not the right type of equipment to have in a hotel, I would have preferred to have a standard mini coffee maker that didn't require extra work to make it work early in the morning.
I ordered a couple of meals from room service. Both were yummy (hamburger and macaroni & cheese) and delivered promptly. Only complaint was the slow service in picking up the tray. I had to call twice to get it picked up. We at a couple of meals at Trader Vic's. Wonderful atmosphere and the food was good (although a little salty for me).
Would I hesitate coming to the Valley Ho again? No, I would come back for the spa alone!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ntz4bbl
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Downtown Scottsdale’s Hotel Valley Ho is my kind of place. It is a throw-back to bygone years when cats were hip and chicks were dames. The hotel underwent a full renovation in 2005, not to look more modern, but to look more classic. The staff is friendly and efficient. There are poolside cabanas available for rent. The rooms are sensational, colorful and comfortable. It looks like you’ve walked into Sinatra’s Palm Springs home.

The only Arizona location of Trader Vic’s restaurant is located on the grounds of the Hotel Valley Ho.

The Hotel is located on the edge of Old Scottsdale and there is a a trolley stop right outside the Hotel grounds. There are lots of museums, shops, and restaurants all wihin walking distance. The Hotel rents bikes and offers guided hiking trail tours of the local mountains.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveler309
Reviewed February 9, 2010

First, I should admit that I'm a freak for mid-century modern style. But, I have to say, the Hotel Valley Ho just beats all! I found it online, and looked up reviews on TA which were pretty good, but after seeing the pictures, had to stay there. The place is perfection...the attention to every single detail is amazing, the staff are super helpful, friendly and truly excited about the Ho and its history, the room incredibly cool and very comfy, beds great, gel pillows wonderful, mini bar stocked to the limit, balcony great! But what really made it for me was exploring around the hotel, looking at the memorabilia, checking out the restaurants and bar...it is an incredibly well done renovation, the likes of which i have never seen! Workout room was great, and the gift shop just about broke me they had so much cool stuff!!! The GM is wonderful and loves to talk to guests about the hotel. If you can afford it, stay at the Ho, it rocks! I should also mention that we were there for new years and the place was really pretty quiet even though people were partying like mad!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

... and enjoy the style of past times. That`s a great hotel to relax and visit the Scotsdale / Phoenix area. Great room with nice open plan bathroom, really comfy, great pool with private cabanas. Very friendly and helpful staff. Top location in the "old" part of Scottsdale. Enjoy!
Super Gym with best equipment!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Ballner
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Did New Years eve at the hotel and had a blast. They really know how to through a party. The retro rooms are very cool to stay in.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple