“Well located mid-century Scottsdale Hotel”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. The lobby area is quite spacious, easy check in, the business center is well equipped. Valet and bell service is available (if you have a car the parking lot is easily accessible out back for no daily fee. Very convenient depending on where your room is). Some of the wings are interior room access and some are exterior access. Request a ground floor room that does not get afternoon sun if you like to be outdoors! The rooms themselves are quite spacious! Separate water closet from sink/tub/shower area (check out the mood lighting for the tub - relaxing!), closet with in room safe, counter that runs the length of the room which includes your dresser, desk area, and good sized flat screen TV. There is a chair with footstool, I had a king sized bed with 2 nightstands, but the double rooms also have the chair and footstool. The bed was okay; I prefer a softer mattress and firmer pillows. I did not notice much noise transference between the walls or ceiling. The room also has a patio with an awesome padded chaise and 2 chairs & table. Great place to relax! There are 2 pools, the O pool is by the lobby/restaurant area and the most active with a bar. Beware holiday weekends unless you really like the party scene. The rectangular pool between Bldg. 5 & 6 is much quieter and I enjoyed being able to step out my sliding glass door & hit the pool & ice machine. Refrigerators & microwaves are available for a one time restocking fee. Circle K is kitty corner across the street and is very well stocked with a wide variety of food and beverages. There are bars/restaurants/galleries/shopping that are easily walked to within a few blocks if the time of day/year you visit isn't sweltering. There is an Albertson's grocery within a couple miles & plenty more places to drive to for food within a few miles radius as well, ranging from high end to fast food. There are also a couple casinos in the area if that is your kind of fun. I did not try the onsite restaurant or room service, so can't speak to that. Housekeeping was hit or miss with some things like restocking glasses and vacuuming, but the hallway always smelled clean when I returned each day & my bathroom was clean. Overall I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room that does not get afternoon sun and close to the parking lot if you are d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JesseThompson, Director of Sales at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

obiboo,
Thank you for the very detailed review of Hotel Valley Ho. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation of our property. We truly wish you would have tried our 24-hour in-room dining service or visited our ZuZu restaurant, the food is great. We also offer a full-service spa and well-equipped fitness center, both are complimentary to access. We hope your travels bring you back to the area soon and that we can be your accommodation choice once again.
Hotel Valley Ho

Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've been to the Valley HO a few times now and I'm ALWAYS pleased with the accommodations, the staff, the food and the ammenities. I like to say the decor is 'the Brady Bunch house meets the Marriott'......it's funky and comfortable and quietly modern.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Valerie S.,
Thank you for your very kind review of Hotel Valley Ho, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay experience. We hope you can stay with us again soon. We have some great weekday summer deals and our Stay2Play package on weekends is the best bet. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I loved my 5 night stay here! This is the hotel for you if you out want somewhere a little different, that has personality! The rooms are gorgeous with the most comfy beds, staff are friendly and helpful, restaurant serves delicious food, close to everything, just fun!

Room Tip: I stayed in a poolside balcony room which was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

We appreciate your review! Have a delightful summer.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I planned as bachelorette party and chose Valley Ho for our location and I am so happy that we found this diamond of a hotel.
This place is sooooooooooooooooo much fun.
I have to say, this place made our trip incredible. The staff is kind, the pool is perfect and fun and everyone enjoyed the attention to detail and pride the hotel took in making sure that our time in Scottsdale was enjoyed to the 100%.
Trust me. Stay here. I will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I'm glad we were able to make your stay awesome! Have a wonderful summer, and thanks for taking time to leave a review.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a cool place to say! It was built in the 50’s and they have kept the facade and vibe while updating the interior with modern amenities.

The rooms are very spacious, and comfortable. The beds and pillows are good as well.

The pool area is fantastic, and the service is outstanding throughout the hotel. On the weekends, it does turn into a party zone, but if you want quiet or a better place for families, there is a second lap pool and baby pool as an option.

It is a great location with many restaurants, art galleries and other shopping within walking distance. If it is too hot to walk, it is easy to grab one of the local golf cart shuttles - these drivers work just for tips, so there is no fare for the use of the golf cart - just be sure to tip your driver.

I was there as part of a group, and they took very good care of us throughout the conference.

The concierge is fantastic! Make sure you speak with her and get her suggestions and help.

From the Phoenix airport, you can take a cab and pay around $30, or you can book AZ Limo for $28. The hotel can do that for you, and that was a nice option for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We do have a DJ at the OH Pool on Saturday afternoons (late spring through September) and a band on Friday afternoons (late spring through early July); the pool tends to be livelier on these days. I'm glad you enjoyed our new OHasis Pool; it's meant to be a relaxing area as it has water features and no music. The baby pool you mention is actually one of the water features, rather than a pool. It's great you were able to make use of our concierge! They are a great resource. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great mid century modern hotel!!! The furnishings are beautiful and modern. The pool is super fun and has excellent servers to cater to you!! Location is great, just a short way from Old Town and the mall. Great food too!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your review! Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you have kids and are wanting to getting away with or from them OR for some "stay-cationing" in the Scottsdale area with your wife or bro-pack then this is your hip spot. I brought my wife in for a weekend getaway.

Great breakfast: bit of a budget buster ($50+ for two...yikes, but you are paying for awesome locatioin and ambiance soooo fair trade). Frame of reference, I paid the same amount for dinner at the Old Town Tortilla Factory for two with agave margaritas. (which is right across the street, great patio. Look for my review on that later.)

Be warned though....if you leave for the evening and aren't paying the $15.00/night for valet and you have to park in the Sands parking lot...YOUR KEY CARD WILL NOT OPEN THE PEDESTRIAN GATE TO GET YOU ONTO THE GROUNDS INTO YOUR CUSHY DIGS. You WILL in fact have to take a long but nice 5 min stroll around the entire establishment on the Scottsdale sidewalk at night...to walk through the main entrance and speak to a less than interested fellow by the name of Ron who works the night shift. To explain to him that my card did not work on the parking pedestrian gate. And his only response is "Its for security." And "Yes" you have to walk around to the front. Charming.

Aside weird night time antics, the room is very shagadelic and clean. The soaps and shampoos are luxurious and very thick so use less than you normally would because the lather is thick. Ice cold AC. No odd smells. Bed is uber comfy, duvet down top with NO under blanket in case you get too toasty under the light down duvet. Odd.

Poolside live music is awesome great covers via rock even rap...great! Staff does a great job keeping you hydrated with ice cold water. FYI, if you are going to walk around barefoot, ( and you are not near the pool) splash your feet with the water in your cup otherwise you will literally be "hot-footing" it into the pool or shaded spot while trying to look civilized or cool. Happened to me and many others (hilarious).

Overall a great stay but the part that sticks is: Really? I have to walk alllllll the way around the entire property to enter the front?

PS, a Circle K is across the street for any Party Items you may need. Booze, beer wine and anything else that fits your fancy.

Room Tip: Beware when you book the KING CABANA that you request directly across from the pool gate ( probably...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inogalo
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Our breakfast entrees are mostly $11-$12 or less, which is comparable to other area restaurants. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the gate, that is definitely frustrating! There seems to have been a miscommunication with our security team. We will ensure that the gates are accessible by hotel key at any time; this problem is immediately being rectified. I apologize that this was not the case for you. We definitely don't want you to have to walk all the way to the main entrance if it's more convenient for you to use one of the gates. Our duvets have removable covers, but no top sheet. We are happy to provide one upon request though, so please keep that in mind if you visit again. Thank you for your feedback.