“Mid-Century dream”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, USA
“Mid-Century dream”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Recently visited Valley Ho for a short birthday trip. I will absolutely stay here again. I love the mid-century modern decor. The pools are fab. The staff was excellent. Walking distance to old town Scottsdale restaurants. I stayed in the Cabana room which was cool and I would stay in again. Next time I'll probably spring for the Terrace suite just because it looked amazing. Don't think I'll stay anywhere else in Scottsdale.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank aimee_peck
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I'm glad you had such a lovely stay here! You might also want to check out our fun, open Studio Guest Room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was a great hotel. We stayed for a week in March/14. It`s location was within walking distance to many art galleries, Old Town, shopping and restaurants.The hotel was clean and the food at the hotel restaurant was great-many choices and very good.

Room Tip: we had a room on the ground floor with a walkout and close to one of the pools and the restaurant- v...
Green Features: This hotel is very environmentally friendly and this showed from the food to recycling to the spa.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donna_klukie
We appreciate your feedback!
Maryville, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Girlfriend and I stayed for 5 days the first week of May. Definitely the best location if you want to be in the heart of Old Town. We walked or rode Golf Cart Shuttles everywhere. The hotel has a cool 50's vibe with turquoise/yellow/orange decor throughout. The pool is the place to be on Fridays and Saturdays with live bands or djs playing good music. Food from the pool kitchen was the best...mixed drinks from the pool bar were overpriced for the amount of liquor(if any) in them. Stick with beer if you have an option. Ask for a tower suite with a pool view. Service was great our entire stay. Will be back!

Room Tip: If you like music, a tower suite overlooking pool...if you want to be secluded a room over by the sm...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you didn’t like the drinks at the pool; we normally get great feedback on them. I have relayed your comments to our pool manager. We do offer a variety of $6 cocktail specials as well. Have a wonderful summer!
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went for a girls weekend and we could not have picked a better spot. Rooms, hotel, staff, pools were all amazing. Food at ZaZa was great and they have tons of Gluten free options if you are like me and allergic to Gluten you will be in heaven.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicole W
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thanks for staying with us! We hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Was having a bad day and wanted to stay at a hotel for the day, saw they were on hotels tonight and signed up ! Got a good rate on there because i used promo code pbartal and worked! Got to the room and was just a sanctuary. Was great food with room service and had a trader vics, which is a favorite to most people. All in all great place too get away!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelfeen1
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Trader Vic's actually closed in 2011 and has been turned into Sands, a private event venue. We hope to see you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just returned from our trip to Scottsdale, AZ on Saturday after staying at the Hotel Valley Ho for about 4 days. We absolutely loved the resort. The staff was SUPER helpful and very friendly. The restaurant ZuZu, on property, is fantastic! We ate there for a lunch, as well as a dinner -- try the twice baked fries, there's something pretty phenomenal about them! :-) My favorite thing about this resort is it's location! I felt foolish to have rented a car for the week because we truly didn't even need it! You are RIGHT around the corner from Old Town Scottsdale which hosts all of the cool restaurants, bars and shops. My one complaint would be that the beds at this hotel are truly one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever experienced in my life. They are on a platform, so that aspect is already working against them, but also, the mattress just seems to be poor quality and entirely too firm. Also, when booking, keep in mind that not all rooms feature the layout that is shown in the popular "room view" photo on their website. The room we were assigned had a bathtub, but it was not the luxurious deep soaking tub featured sitting in the middle of the floor in the photo, it is just a regular size tub inside of the bathroom itself. I had purchased some Lush bath bombs FOR this vacation because I anticipated having a really cool tub in our room. It was functional, but not what was advertised. Minor setbacks aside, I would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the new OH pool! The view is GORGEOUS!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay A
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you; our mattresses are high-quality Simmons and are made in Arizona. We are in the process of replacing a few of them to ensure they are in great shape. The room with the bathtub in the middle is called our Studio Guest Room; it sounds like you may have booked a Signature Guest Room (though desired a Studio Guest Room). I'm not sure what you mean by "popular room view photo", but each room type has photos and virtual tours that you can check out on our website. We never advertise the Studio Guest Room as a standard (Signature) room; it's one option among eleven room types. We're happy to answer any questions for you to assure that you get the room type you prefer. Please note that the new lap pool is actually called the OHasis Pool; the OH Pool is the main pool that has a full bar, kitchen, and cabanas. We hope to see you again soon!
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at the "Ho" on my latest trip to Scottsdale. It is a very retro designed place that is almost a throwback to old Palm Springs or old time Vegas. The vibe is super cool without being pretentious.
My room in the tower was incredibly spacious with every amenity you could think of. It had a full kitchen and a washer and dryer, not that I needed either but still nice to have if you had to stay awhile. The decor was modern and sort of kitschy but in a cool way. It also had a big balcony, though it was a little too toasty to sit outside. I did not use the spa but the gym was nice, not too big but clean. The pool is not large by resort standards but the pool scene was very energetic.
The bar area is small but adequate and the outside patio is very cozy, especially at night when they light the fire pit. All of the staff are very friendly and professional. One of the best features of this hotel is it's location in Old Scottsdale. You can walk to great shops and restaurants.
Our party had a lot of fun and I would go back on my next trip.

Room Tip: The tower room s with a pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I hope you were able to enjoy some of the great restaurants and galleries in Downtown Scottsdale, there are so many. We appreciate your review!