Hotel Valley Ho
$158
$139
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$123
$107
$195
$179
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$209
$239
$189
$159
  • Pool
Talking Stick Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$159
TripAdvisor
1,814 results
All reviewsmid centurycafe zuzumad menretro feelcabana roomtower roomold town scottsdalecool retropool sceneart galleriespool partyfree trolleypool viewgirls weekendmain poolbusiness meetingpool staff
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was here for a business meeting and the hotel was great. We had good meeting space and a nice area for a reception. Room was nice and comfortable with a retro feel but also a nice modern bathroom. The hotel is right in the middle of Old Scottsdale and you can walk to all different types of restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. I never got to check out the pool, but it looked like quite a bit of fun. Remember that the retro nature of the place means that quite a few rooms open not into a hallway but to the outside. I got a great value rate during the summer for my meeting, so my value rating is possibly higher than how someone would feel paying full tilt prices during the winter. Very good service. This can be a hotel for a younger crowd, so be aware that this is often a place to come and "be seen" and is not necessarily a "quiet getaway", if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: I was in building 6 and got to have a hallway entrance to my room rather than having an outside entrance. I would say I got a quieter room, but no view of the pool. If you want a view of the pool, you need to ask for it. If you want a more modern portion of the hotel (i.e. the usual "hotel tower") then ask for a tower room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review! Our average guest tends to be slightly younger in the summer (especially weekends), but throughout the year we see guests of all ages. Have a pleasant summer!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Retro Style Hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Located in the heart of Old Scottsdale and close to everything. Even though I had a rental car, I could have walked most places to shop & eat. Supper Clean, great drinks & food, sizable rooms w/comfortable beds & furniture. The pool had upholstered lounges for 2 and they come to you with water and a drink/food menu. A nice spa & exercise room completed the package. What more can you ask for...all the comforts w/great smelling soap amenities and the ability to shop till you drop. I'm going back!

Room Tip: Our room over looked an interior court with a fountain...pretty & quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We appreciate your review! We hope to see you on your next visit to Arizona.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I drove over six+ hours from Utah to stay one night at Valley Ho and we were able to check into our room around 4 AM and check out the next day. Front Desk, House Keeping, and Pool staff were great and very friendly!!!! Rooms are nice and clean with great A/C. With All-Around Great Customer Service from Valley Ho we are a returning customer for sure!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to your next one!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our second visit & we were not disappointed. Great location to Old Town & access to the local Trolley. ..It is definitely a Hotel with a character all it's own..The staff are all very helpful , friendly, & professional...Feels like you are staying with friends who care about your needs. Great pool, fun servers & wait staff & the beds are out of this world comfortable....would definitely stay here again & again.........

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill M

Thank you for your review! The free Downtown Scottsdale Trolley is definitely a great way to get around the area. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for! The hotel had a great atmosphere and the crowd was not too young! The rooms were spacious and had a perfect retro feel! The food was good and the lobby bar was fun and I loved our waitress on Thursday/Saturday nights! She was so fun! The girls and I have decided we would love to make another trip out!

Room Tip: Choose the tower rooms! They are great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a fun time with your girlfriends.