$84
$158
$139
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$107
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
Hilton.com
$231
$161
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$209
Hyatt.com
$239
$189
1,814 results
All reviewsmid centurycafe zuzumad menretro feelcabana roomtower roomold town scottsdalecool retropool sceneart galleriespool partyfree trolleypool viewgirls weekendmain poolbusiness meetingpool staff
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So just how great is this hotel? Here are my quick thoughts on the last day of my stay today.

1. I live about 5 miles south and I've booked 3 long weekends in the next couple months. Locals would call it a staycation, but because of the hotel's stylish rooms, close-to-everything location and top-notch service, it always feels like a dreamy out-of-town vacation.

2. As public relations professional, I'm often asked about my favorite spots to stay in Scottsdale. The Hotel Valley Ho is always my must-book recommendation. In fact, our entire staff stays here as a group a few times a year.

3. It's the definition of fun, energetic hospitality. Pamper yourself with a bedside dinner, or meet new friends at the pool over cocktails. No matter where you are on the property, an upbeat hotel representative is there to make the stay uh-amazing.

Always.

Room Tip: Book the Tower Suites!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuxtaPalate
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Wow, thank you for your review! We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our second visit to the VH and was even better than the first. Great rooms, Zuzu is fantastic, great specials and excellent food. We had Chef's Table first night and it was amazing.
This is a wonderful property, the staff are all great and very service oriented.
Love the Valley Ho!

Room Tip: The out builders are great. Larger rooms and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to join us for our Chef's Table. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I live in Phoenix and have stayed at many of the fine resorts we have in the Valley of the Sun. I did a staycation with some girlfriends in June 2013 at the Valley Ho and I will not return. Granted, if I was in my 20s rather than in my 40s then perhaps I would feel differently. I was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon by the pool, catching up with my friends. Instead, I got hoarse trying to be heard over the music and we couldn't cool off in the pool because it was wall-to-wall people. At one point a girl in a thong bikini did a mock strip tease. Definitely NOT a place to go with your kids. It felt like a huge spring break party. I also like to feel like a valued guest when I stay at what is advertised as a nice resort. Instead, we had to stand in line to get into the pool area, our bags were searched before we could enter, and they almost didn't let us in because apparently our room keys weren't proof enough that we were guests. The hotel does have positives. Wait staff came around with iced water at the pool and the service was remarkably good given the number of people around the pool. The rooms are nice and big, the resort has a cool retro feel, and it is within walking distance of some great restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LawandWater

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your visit to the hotel. We do list the pool events on the hotel and pool websites, in an effort to make our guests aware of them. A band plays at the pool Friday afternoons (through July 5), and we have a DJ on Saturday afternoons (through September). Security is at the pool on Saturdays and holiday weekends to ensure that only hotel-registered guests are admitted to the pool. While it may be a slight inconvenience, it helps limit potential overcrowding and allows registered guests to better enjoy the pool. Unfortunately a room key does not prove hotel registration as these are not always turned in upon check-out. I apologize for the lewd behavior you witnessed; security does monitor guest activity to ensure it is not offensive or inappropriate. The pool and hotel are much more relaxed on weekdays and also all week in non-summer months. I think you would really enjoy a visit to the hotel during this time, and hope you'll consider another visit. We'd love for you to see what the Valley Ho is all about.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hotel Valley Ho maybe 5 times before, and this time was for an entire week. I planned a business meeting on site at the recently acquired Ex-Trader Vic's space, and it exceeded our needs exponentially. All of the staff was so helpful throughout the planning process that it made each day go by without a hitch. And after our daily sessions the fact that our staff got to chill by the pool made it all the better.

We also walked each evening to dinner, which isn't a big deal considering there are multiple restaurants right near the hotel.

I love the Hotel Valley Ho, and highly recommend it to anybody traveling to Phoenix for work or pleasure.

The final days of my trip my wife and 17 month old boy came to stay for fun. The crib the hotel staff placed in our room was very clean and also a nice wood crib, with comforter and sheets plus a little bath set. The details go a long way towards making it a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mohrjosh
JesseThompson, Director of Sales at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

mohrjosh,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, they don't get any better than that, and we truly appreciate it. Nearly 50% of our business comes from groups and conventions, and a large share of the other 50% is corporate-related travel, so it is both refreshing and good to hear that our hotel is able to accommodate and exceed expectations when traveling for either business or pleasure. We hope you can visit us again soon from Minneapolis....and thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Valley Ho while visiting Scottsdale with some friends and would stay there again in a heartbeat. They really excel at making you feel like you are stepping right out of the '50s but with all of the modern conveniences you need and want. Wonderfully tall palm trees grace the property, a pool is a center of daytime activities, and the drinks were good. The architecture of the hotel and decor of the rooms will make any Mid-century modern lover giddy with excitement. I used the spa and had a great massage there too. I liked my stay there so much it is one of the rare hotels that I actually stay on their mailing list just to see what's going on, in case I end up back in Scottsdale again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Messin33,
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor of Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale. I hope everything is well in Las Cruces, I love the Old Mesilla area, and the occasional visit to Hotel Encanto and Paisano Cafe, if it is still there. We hope you can come back and visit us again soon, look for our next e-newsletter, it should be coming out later this week.