Hotel Valley Ho
$135
$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$139
$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$119
$180
$158
Hotels.com
$144
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Restaurant
$184
$159
EmbassySuites.com
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$219
$151
$353
$339
1,784 results
All reviewsmid centurycafe zuzumad menretro feelcabana roomtower roomold town scottsdalecool retropool sceneart galleriespool partyfree trolleypool viewgirls weekendmain poolbusiness meetingpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The welcome I received upon arrival was very warm. I was immediately greeted by the valets and each one of them assisted with my luggage and presented the valet receipt. The check in was a breeze. I presented my ID and CC and I was on my way to my room. I was in room 4215, a short walk past the bar entrance and out to the pool area, and up one flight to the second floor. The room was very nicely appointed and very spacious. Large well furnished balcony facing a garden with water feature. The room was very comfortable and I slept very well each night. No exterior noise to disturb a good nights sleep.The in-room coffee/tea machine made a great cup to start the day. There was also a fully stocked mini bar and reasonably priced unlike other properties I have stayed in. After unpacking I decided to tour the hotel and what a gem it is. Landscaping softens the rather bland retro concrete exterior facade with orange trees rich in fruit. The lobby and lounge area is retro with high end furniture, very inviting, functional and comfortable. There is a sense of serenity around the property, even though the hotel was full with the World baseball classic event in town. Zu Zu bar and restaurant was busy each night with locals as well as hotel guests and it added to the ambiance. I was able to get some real good restaurant recommendations from the locals and they were all spot on! The bar food was very good and fresh, they have happy hour appetizers each day (regular size portions) and were tasty. The staff make this property. The front desk staff are professional and know why they are there, to assist guests in any way they can. Other departments were also solid, friendly and efficient. The restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale are a short 7 to 8 minute walk , so no need to drive. Try the Daily Dose restaurant for the best breakfast in town, be prepared to wait for a table, its worth it and they provide complimentary coffee while you wait, nice touch. In enjoyed this property so much that I may hold our annual customer appreciation event.The resort has all the amenities required to host such an event, and after experiencing a 5 night stay the service was consistent throughout my stay. Kudos to the Valley Ho team, you have a new fan.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, however, the cabana rooms are located on the ground floor and have an extended patio, I would reserve this type of accommodation in the future. The Terrace suites looked amazing with a huge wrap around balcony on the second floor, if you can splurge go for it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Stuart C
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! We love hearing about great experiences like yours. Daily Dose is great for breakfast; they have some unique pancakes. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love this hotel . My wife and I stay here every year for our anniversary ( 7 years straight ) . The staff is very nice . The rooms are really clean . The pool is great . Pete and Kevin are great out at the pool . Looking forward to coming back this year !

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Ryan D
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thanks so much for spending your anniversaries with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Historic Hotel Valley Ho and it was wonderful. My room was on the 6th floor and I sat on my balcony and watched the sun rise. It was so beautiful. There was a large group here at the same time and to be honest I did't feel like I was "buried" by the group. The staff was wonderul, service in the restaurant was great and really good. I love this hotel as they upgraded it and kept the charm. Close to a wonderul little shopping area with boutique stores, galleries, and a good selection of small restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank BWolfe13

Thank you for your review! Kudos for rising early enough to meet the sun.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Unique hotel with a cool randomness that manages to be familiar somehow. It looks like it could be a Madmen set...kind of like Madmen meets The Jetsons. Here are some of our observations:
Taxi will cost about $30 from the airport
The hotel has a restaurant (more on that below), but is also within easy walking distance of several others off property.
Friendly and accommodating staff.
Our room (307 in the tower) was huge, with high ceilings. Loved the decor, especially the wallpaper. Temperature was very comfortable.
Awesome bathroom with cool sink and HUGE tub (forget about bathing babies in this tub unless you're getting in too-it's way too deep to reach over). Frosted glass all around. Great finishes.
Some of the not so great things (but not deal breakers for us):
The lighting in the room seemed to be designed for interrogation. WAY too bright.
AC fan is a bit noisy
Tiny TV for the size of the room.
No lamps by the bed.
Towels seem to be strictly rationed.
No top sheet on bed-you have to request one (which they will happily bring, after explaining that it is a European style hotel. Strange...in all the European hotels I've stayed in, I'm certain there were top sheets!). Anyway, this is a minor nuisance.
Room tip: pick a room with a chaise on the balcony that doesn't directly face the pool, but is away from the parking lot. Our room had really uncomfortable balcony furniture, and was right in front of (and above) the pool. Great for people watching (if you can bare the furniture), but not so great for noise.
We ate in the restaurant and also ordered room service. Food was good, with an unusual flare (guyere cheese and green radishes in chopped salad). Shrimp cocktail was surprisingly tasty, but pricey. Grilled chicken is fine but nothing to write home about. Note: they somehow managed to make spinach edible!
One more thing: the phone in our room was mind numbingly loud when it rang, and if you order room service, you will get a call when it's on the way. So...keep this in mind if you have kids who you just managed to get to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank soapandco

We appreciate your review! I'm sorry the lighting wasn't to your liking; several of the lights in The Tower rooms do have dimmer switches. While there is not a light next to the bed, there is overhead lighting. I will relay your comment about the phone to our team to make sure the volume is at an appropriate level. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here in the late '90s with my parents for a wedding and it was okay, but the re-design and renovation is terrific. The room we had was hyper-clean and I loved the bathroom lighting. Kind of like staying in a Japanese aquarium. If you like Atomic Age atmosphere, you will love staying here. If I could afford it, I would hire the firms that worked on this project to do our condo.

Room Tip: I heard the rooms in the Tower were really nice but I did not see them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debra Z

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to visit after the redesign and reopening. We hope you will stay with us again sometime.