“As Good as the Islands!”
Review of Ono Hawaiian BBQ

Ono Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #420 of 1,262 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Barbecue
arizona
“As Good as the Islands!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Perfect plate lunches...And even with Hawaiian Sun drinks. My husband loves the Loco Moco but I'm there for the Teriyaki Chicken...and the mini is plenty for one.

1 Thank razzinaz

Phoenix, Arizona
“My Favorite "Fast Food" Place”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

As a vegetarian who also eats fish, I can say that it is not easy to find good fish at a fast food type of establishment. Imagine my surprise when I tried the Ono Hawaiian BBQ's Maui burger and found it to be the best fish sandwich I have ever eaten. The fish is a nice white fish that is breaded in panko and fried. It is not the typical greasy filet nor is it "mystery" fish. The homemade macaroni salad is also delicious as are the non-greasy french fries. My partner has eaten several of the chicken offerings and has enjoyed them all. Prices are extremely reasonable for the amount of food served. The staff is always friendly and, because we are regulars, they remember our orders from visit to visit. I love this place!

• Visited March 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite fast food place!”
Reviewed November 17, 2007

My favorite fast food place!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Scottsdale, AZ
“Fantastic non traditional chain fast food”
Reviewed July 24, 2005

We were chatting with a Hawaiian friend and mentioned that we missed the "Plate lunch" we enjoyed while in Hawaii.
He told us we can have a great plate lunch at several locations in the Phoenix Metro Area at a restaurant chain called "Ono Hawaiian BBQ".
He was right!
We go to the Scottsdale location.
I am hooked on their BBQ combo with teriyaki beef, BBQ ribs and teriyaki chicken served on a bed of cabbage and with a scope of macaroni salad and two scopes of white rice.
My only regret is that they have many other dishes which I may never have because I keep getting the same thing.

----